Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zeromemory

Ordered an Item and it was delivered in St. Albans last July 30th. Still no sign of it in my local post office. Sent an email to support on the 4th of August and was told that they will forward it to the handlers for attention requesting further info.
    How long must I wait more???:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

zeromemory wrote: »
    Ordered an Item and it was delivered in St. Albans last July 30th. Still no sign of it in my local post office. Sent an email to support on the 4th of August and was told that they will forward it to the handlers for attention requesting further info.
    How long must I wait more???:(:(:(:(

Forget email, use the phone.
    I had a problem in the beginning of their service, and only after 3 calls I got actions and proper answers, and eventually everything got sorted.
    Since then, I've been using their service, and no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

how particular are they about the dimensions, have a package 51cm, 37cm ,18cm which is technically over on the 37cm measurement...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

sweetie wrote: »
    how particular are they about the dimensions, have a package 51cm, 37cm ,18cm which is technically over on the 37cm measurement...

25×31×72 I believe.Should be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

kneemos wrote: »
    25×31×72 I believe.Should be safe.

thanks, so they use dimensional weight?

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    thanks, so they use dimensional weight?

Seems to be.Hopefully nobody is checking unless it's obviously oversized.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭eirman

My experiences with AddressPal have been positive so far.

My last package was over-sized and there was no surcharge. (54 x 36 x 16 cm).

This is how my Ebay address is formatted >>>
    ==============================
    David *****, AP 03B 0**0 0*****5
    Air Business
    Unit 5, The Merlin Centre, Acrewood Way
    St Albans Hertfordshire AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom
    ==============================
    Details of fields:

Contact Name = David *****, AP 03B 0**0 0*****5
    Street Address = Air Business
    Street Address 2 = Unit 5, The Merlin Centre, Acrewood Way
    City = St Albans
    State = Hertfordshire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

eirman wrote: »

Contact Name = David *****, AP 03B 0**0 0*****5
    Street Address = Air Business
    Street Address 2 = Unit 5, The Merlin Centre, Acrewood Way
    City = St Albans
    State = Hertfordshire

Just placed my first ebay order with addresspal and used this format-is that the right way to do it? there isn't enough address lines to do it the way AnPost describe

Seller says they only accept paypal when shipping address matches confirmed paypal address so i guess i'll get refunded anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭eirman

Has anyone purchased from outside the EU using their AddressPal address?

The ROI customs limit for duty-free imports is €22.00
    The UK customs limit for duty-free imports appears to be £15.00

So, on the face of it, there is no benefit to be had by using AddressPal, unless the UK are more lax in checking package values.

Any thoughts/experience anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I registered for AddressPal over an hour ago and still haven't received activation email.I kinda need it quickly as theres a deal of the day on Amazon ending at midnight and seller doesn't deliver to Ireland(Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard wont work) so I need a mainland UK virtual address.....How long does it take to get activation email???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

toby2111 wrote: »
    I registered for AddressPal over an hour ago and still haven't received activation email.I kinda need it quickly as theres a deal of the day on Amazon ending at midnight and seller doesn't deliver to Ireland(Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard wont work) so I need a mainland UK virtual address.....How long does it take to get activation email???

I registered and got an e-mail confirmation activation immediately.
    I got a welcome e-mail with post office opening times for my chosen post office etc- about 4 hours later.
    Note- this was early morning on a weekday- not late on a Sunday night........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Still got nothing, missed out on the deal anyhow so doesn't matter. It's poor form that they don't have an automatic activation email sent out immediately, even at weekends.

How long would it normally take from despatch in the Uk to arrival at PO here?

I had my first item despatched on the 24th ,no word yet?

MrDiyFan wrote: »

Dispatch on the 24th = Wed.
    Entirely possible receipt only on the Friday

Shipping is only when they fill a cage.

Sorting received on Fri afternoon/ Sat morning- not sorted until next working day (Tuesday- as yesterday was a bankholiday in the UK). Arrival here perhaps later today- collection tomorrow (Wed) or Thursday.........

Dispatch on the 24th = Wed.
    Entirely possible receipt only on the Friday

Shipping is only when they fill a cage.

Sorting received on Fri afternoon/ Sat morning- not sorted until next working day (Tuesday- as yesterday was a bankholiday in the UK). Arrival here perhaps later today- collection tomorrow (Wed) or Thursday.........

great, thanks for that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

First time using AddressPal. Ordered a TV which was delivered and signed for at the AddressPal hub in the UK today.

Haven't received any notification confirming same from AddressPal themselves though, is this the norm?

Do you only hear from them when they've arrived to your local Post Office / depot and ready for collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Moyglish wrote:
    Haven't received any notification confirming same from AddressPal themselves though, is this the norm?

Yes you will get a notification when it's ready for collection at your po.

Moyglish wrote: »
    First time using AddressPal. Ordered a TV which was delivered and signed for at the AddressPal hub in the UK today.

Do you only hear from them when they've arrived to your local Post Office / depot and ready for collection?

You're aware of the penalty for oversized items presumably?

I've yet to have it applied (and I've had 4 19" tyres for the car sent over- that came to over 30kg). I'd be far more concerned about the item getting damaged- than an oversized charge applying. These things are frigged into a large metal cage for shipping- you are not paying professional movers here..........

Ps- no notification of receipt of items at the Address Pal facility- if you have tracking on the item you can see it being signed off on however. First (and only notice) is when it actually arrives at your local postoffice.

I think its very brave sending a TV through the service..........I know I wouldn't............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

It's €25 for sending oversized items, which I thought was reasonable for a 43" TV :)

Well, here's hoping it arrives in one piece now after the comments above! Guess I'll just be the guinea pig and go ahead and report back when it arrives!

i just tracked my item on royal mail

it says "delivered to your address or a neighbour" -

i cant make out the squiggle but the 'printed name' says APAL so i presume it was delivered to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

just a quick question about oversized items, is the 25 charge a flat fee and does it still go to the post office or do you have to collect it? item in question would be a bike if that means anything

Depp wrote: »
    just a quick question about oversized items, is the 25 charge a flat fee and does it still go to the post office or do you have to collect it? item in question would be a bike if that means anything

Depends on the post office- I had to go to the sorting office to collect a set of tyres- but have had other items delivered locally (nothing as bulky as the aforementioned 4 tyres though). If its a small post office with very limited storage space- it'll probably be at the local sorting office- however, one way or another- the text message and the e-mail you get- are quite specific about where its ready to collect from- aka, you won't have to guess........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

My local PO is closed temporarily so I was advised by email from AddressPal to select an alternate post office nearby. No big deal I figured so I popped on this evening to change it

To my utter astonishment... changing Post Office = new AP ID :eek:

These guys are complete idiots. I now have to re-enter my AP address details across a raft of websites and worse, they'll send another registered letter with my new card which means I'll have to head to my post office (again) to sign for it

I had gave the service a relatively positive review in the past as it had worked but the quirks and limitations were ever-present. This just takes the biscuit though... such a stupid design over-sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Lads I just realised an order I made from the US to the UK address will probably have import/customs charges as the order is €200

Will I get to pay the charges or will they send it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Lads I just realised an order I made from the US to the UK address will probably have import/customs charges as the order is €200

Will I get to pay the charges or will they send it back?

"12. Lien on Items Posted
    An Post shall have a lien on any Items posted for all charges, Customs duties, VAT or other charges of any kind arising out of transportation hereunder and is entitled to dispose of such items in any manner should the charges requested remain unpaid [60] days after notification of availability for collection from the Collection Point." https://addresspal.anpost.ie/Home/TermsAndConditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Ok so I assume from that they will text or call me to pay the charges before moving it on to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Ok so I assume from that they will text or call me to pay the charges before moving it on to Ireland?

looks like it anyway, do you have tracking for the item to their depot? I'd say just give them a call tomorrow if its arrived with them just to be on the safe side!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

sennah wrote: »
    My local PO is closed temporarily so I was advised by email from AddressPal to select an alternate post office nearby. No big deal I figured so I popped on this evening to change it

To my utter astonishment... changing Post Office = new AP ID :eek:

These guys are complete idiots. I now have to re-enter my AP address details across a raft of websites and worse, they'll send another registered letter with my new card which means I'll have to head to my post office (again) to sign for it

I had gave the service a relatively positive review in the past as it had worked but the quirks and limitations were ever-present. This just takes the biscuit though... such a stupid design over-sight
    The reason for that is because the Post Office ID is part of your AP ID (the third set of numbers, to be precise) so the new card would have to reflect that. Not that that makes it any less stupid, but that is the reason why

Advertisement