Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

probably been asked alot so sorry for asking but having an issue with saving the address for amazon, on address line 1 i entered AP xxxxxx and it is telling me to enter a valid address, anyone know what way the full address has to be entered?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Hococop wrote: »
    probably been asked alot so sorry for asking but having an issue with saving the address for amazon, on address line 1 i entered AP xxxxxx and it is telling me to enter a valid address, anyone know what way the full address has to be entered?

thanks

Do you not have the option to enter the address manually as well as Amazon wanting to give you an address based on the Postcode?

From Skywanderer a few posts back (if you need to shorten it) :

Instead of:

Mr. Skywanderer,
    AP XXX 1234 1234567
    Air Business, Unit 5, The Merlin Centre
    Acrewood Way, St Albans
    Herts, AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom

I shortened it myself to:

Mr. Skywanderer,
    AP XXX 1234 1234567
    Air Bus. Unit 5, Merlin Centre
    St Albans, AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Depp wrote: »
    had a similar problem with a website and was told as long as you include your name, code, Air Business and the post code it will arrive correctly

Amazon doesn't accept the second line (ap ### ## #######) as valid.

Edit, Worked when i moved the ap code up to the first line after my name. Then just had Air Business on the second line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Sorry if it's been asked. Does this work with tesco direct? I've used it with Amazon no problems, but after creating an account with tesco direct, and it accepting and recognising the post code, when going to check out it says they don't deliver to that address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Just had my first problem. Had been waiting for a package, confirmed with the seller that he posted it to the full address, but still received no notification after two weeks

Turned out it was at my Post Office for the last few days, but they either forgot to scan it in or the system didn't work. Anyway, all sorted now, will be picking it up later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Ordered a rear light for my car and just received an email from addresspal to say they are expecting and oversized item for me and to collected it from sorting office and €25. Very surprised now that it's going to be oversized. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ordered a rear light for my car and just received an email from addresspal to say they are expecting and oversized item for me and to collected it from sorting office and €25. Very surprised now that it's going to be oversized. :(

Its dimensional weight- not actual weight.........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I ordered a Bathroom Scales on Amazon,no way I'm paying 25 quid extra . Presumably you can just send it back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Its dimensional weight- not actual weight.........

Ive stopped using them
    I got trim for the car and it was wrapped super amount of bubble wrap and I got 25euro charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

Is there an English telephone number for address pal as I require one for my order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Just use your mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Just use your mobile number.

+1, I imagine its usually wanted incase nobody answers when they call, and someone is likely to be at the AP depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I've been using it since the launch, and after a few splutters it's been going great.

I did receive a woman's parcels instead of mine at the start (I received mine after !) and had them paid for since I thought they were mine, my AP was added on them by hand. I think what happened is the woman didn't notice that Amazon's address suggestion removed her AP number, and she had the same name as mine, so the AP workers improvised by writing my AP number on.

I mostly order small things so the oversized parcel issue has never come up, and it is brilliant value.

It helps keep my tiny rural post office going too, so it's another bonus.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

rubadub wrote: »
    and someone is likely to be at the AP depot.

On an unrelated note, I had a recent Amazon parcel marked as "handed to resident" at 23:58, even though I had set the AP address on my account as a "Commercial Premises" (so delivery should be by 17:00, on weekdays only). The package turned up in my local Post Office two days later though, so here's another thumbs up for the service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

A box within a box was the reason for my oversized item. Item I ordered was only small and light, wouldn't of been an issue if it had came in it's original box.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A box within a box was the reason for my oversized item. Item I ordered was only small and light, wouldn't of been an issue if it had came in it's original box.:mad:

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

id take that up with the company you ordered from, thats absolutely ridiculous!

Damn you- I spilt a glass of wine over myself laughing when I saw that........ That packaging is ridiculous..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I tried to sign up for Addresspal, as it's the handiest of the three for me, but nearly an hour later and I still have not received an email to confirm my registration. I can not sign up again because my email address is already registered and I can not sign in.
    Does anyone know what I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Suckit wrote: »
    I tried to sign up for Addresspal, as it's the handiest of the three for me, but nearly an hour later and I still have not received an email to confirm my registration. I can not sign up again because my email address is already registered and I can not sign in.
    Does anyone know what I can do?

check your spam folder id say, same thing happened to me and it was there

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    check your spam folder id say, same thing happened to me and it was there
    Thanks, It is not there. I did get an email address on the site and I emailed them just now. I hope that will fix it.

^^ there was an error on the site. It is fixed now.
    Do AddressPal parcels expire?
    I had a ParcelMotel parcel expire on me today, they take it back and charge the same fee to put it back.

I had a ParcelMotel parcel expire on me today, they take it back and charge the same fee to put it back.

Expire?
    You have 5 working days to collect it- after which it is returned to sender as undeliverable- and you pay your 3.50 charge for not collecting it in time........

Expire?
    You have 5 working days to collect it- after which it is returned to sender as undeliverable- and you pay your 3.50 charge for not collecting it in time........
    Which one are you talking about gives 5 days?
    Parcel Motel only gave me 48hours to collect it and then sent me a text saying it will be removed and put back in to somewhere i choose at the same price of 3.95.
    I am doing shift work, I was finished a few hours and in bed when i got first message, saying it was delivered, but It expired next day when i was in work. I did not know it could expire and did not see the message until late because i turn my phone off when i go to bed and back on when i am going to work.
    i do not think that i will use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Parcel Motel only gave me 48hours to collect it and then sent me a text saying it will be removed and put back in to somewhere i choose at the same price of 3.95.
    I am doing shift work, I was finished a few hours and in bed when i got first message, saying it was delivered, but It expired next day when i was in work. I did not know it could expire and did not see the message until late because i turn my phone off when i go to bed and back on when i am going to work.

He's talking about Addresspal not Parcel motel.

The thread is about Addresspal there's another thread about Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

AddressPal send you reminders too, by text.

Anyone has been receiving double the texts ? I get the one email to tell me it has arrived, but then I get 2 texts for only one item to collect. It just seems their system is stuck on this double texting the last 2 weeks or so.

nava wrote: »

He's talking about Addresspal not Parcel motel.

The thread is about Addresspal there's another thread about Parcel Motel
    Ah cool. Thanks. I guess i was a little thrown with the expire question.
    I think I will use these instead.
    Regarding parcel motel - 48hours is a nonsense length of time to collect, realistically it's a lot less than that unless you do not sleep or work (or have anything else to do in between). The added sting is that it is the same price to re-motel it. It should be at most 1euro if anything. I have to also wait 48 hours for them to reprocess it, so it probably will not be back in a motel until saturday or sunday. :angry:
    edit:
    I found out that it is not 48 hours I have to wait to have it reprocessed, it is two working days.
    That means that my parcel will not be back in parcel motel until Tuesday. (Today being Friday).
    I definitely will be only using Addresspal or PW in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭craigcharlie

I've currently been waiting for my package since Oct. 10th... that's when Amazon.co.uk delivered my package to AddressPal in the UK. So it will be 3 weeks by Monday, and they still can't find my package. The AP number was by itself on the 2nd line of the delivery address, shouldn't have been any issue with truncation.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or does anyone know if there's a time limit, re: consumer rights/protection, by which a shipper needs to provide compensation, in the event they've received a package and lost it?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Has anyone used addresspal for oversized packages? I am wondering will they accept a shower door from the UK?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

alanceltic wrote: »
    Has anyone used addresspal for oversized packages? I am wondering will they accept a shower door from the UK?
    Thanks

I've used AddressPal once and once only and never again, absolutely appalling. Husband used my account to order a fishing rod from UK, a rod which wasn't particularly big as it comes in parts. Took them a couple of weeks, then got an email to say it's in Laois but to pick it up at our local PO in Ballsbridge on a specific day. Completely wasted journey, people there hadn't seen it. After my hassling them in turned up a few days later and was charged €25....an absolute joke! I spend a lot with Parcel Motel but at least the parcels are sent in realtime rather than a ridiculous delay or fcuk up!!

Advertisement