Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

alanceltic wrote: »
    Has anyone used addresspal for oversized packages? I am wondering will they accept a shower door from the UK?
    Thanks

You'd get stung with the €25 penalty I'd say.
    Might be cheaper to just have it delivered direct

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

alanceltic wrote: »
    Has anyone used addresspal for oversized packages? I am wondering will they accept a shower door from the UK?
    Thanks

Depends on the size of your post office- aka its stored behind the counter- or in their back room- if its completely oversized- expect issues.

I got the riot act read to me when I ordered 19" extra wide extra load tyres. I was more than willing to pay the 25 quid extra for them- it was the storage issue that they were more worried about- they're bulky and local post offices are not designed to handle items of significant shapes/sizes........

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭craigcharlie

Advice, anyone?

Advice, anyone?

Don't do it- the propensity for it to get damaged is too high- its going to be tossed in a mad cage with everything else, it does not get kiddie glove treatment- its a cheap and cheerful way to send stuff from the UK to Ireland- it is not for items such as your shower door.

Thanks for the reply.. actually, I have a different issue. My item has already been sent but it appears they've lost it. A few posts back I was asking if anyone else had experienced this or what recourse I have.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.. actually, I have a different issue. My item has already been sent but it appears they've lost it. A few posts back I was asking if anyone else had experienced this or what recourse I have.

Sorry........
    If it has been signed for at Herts- lodge a missing item case with An Post- otherwise, contact the Amazon and advise quite simply that it hasn't been received, and ask that they chase it at their end.

Amazon are good at reshipping- providing the item has not been signed for- if there is a signature for it- your only recourse is An Post.

I see. I don't know how much hope I'm holding out for An Post. There's been zero concern so far... they just keep blaming it on Amazon's addressing.

Thanks for the reply though, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sent stuff to address pal and they arrived on Friday. They literally have no knowledge of this every happening. What the hell? They just asked me for a screenshot of my Amazon orders.

They asked me for the same thing. And Amazon will NOT provide a scan of the signature for proof, fyi - but I don't think anyone is questioning that Amazon delivered it. It's clear the error is happening on the 'Air Business' side.

They asked me for the same thing. And Amazon will NOT provide a scan of the signature for proof, fyi - but I don't think anyone is questioning that Amazon delivered it. It's clear the error is happening on the 'Air Business' side.

I sent it to

1 Air Business
    Unit 5, The Merlin Centre, Acrewood Way
    St Albans
    St Albans
    AL4 0JY

I had to add a num to Air Business otherwise I couldn't proceed s hopefully the 1 didn't screw the order up. I didn't include my name or the big code in the am very address but include the includes present in the amazon order.

Am I screwed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I sent it to

1 Air Business
    Unit 5, The Merlin Centre, Acrewood Way
    St Albans
    St Albans
    AL4 0JY

I had to add a num to Air Business otherwise I couldn't proceed s hopefully the 1 didn't screw the order up. I didn't include my name or the big code in the am very address but include the includes present in the amazon order.

Am I screwed?

Wheres your Address Pal account number? The big long one starting with AP XXX XXXX XXXXXXX - thats what the An Post folks know which parcel is for who, and with PO to send it to

[Edit] Sorry, just read your post again; An Post need the big number to route the parcel to you. Get in touch with their Support, and describe the package to them, they should be able to find it for you in the 'Unclaimed' section; they might have to open it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I had to add a num to Air Business otherwise I couldn't proceed
    amazon try and detect the address by your postcode. It is not obvious when doing it, but you can override it.

An Post stupidly made up long addresses, with ridiculously long AP codes (they could have been a lot shorter if they used more letters). Most online forums would not have room for them, but sure how would the state post office have know that :rolleyes:

My amazon registered address is

rubadub
    AP 66X 0666 0666666
    Air Business Unit 5, The Merlin Centre Acrewood Way
    St Albans, Herts AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom

So I have 5 lines like you, but crammed stuff into 1 line. Actually mine is 4 lines if you get rid of UK. My address from an post would be 8 lines with the UK bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

rubadub wrote: »
    amazon try and detect the address by your postcode. It is not obvious when doing it, but you can override it.

An Post stupidly made up long addresses, with ridiculously long AP codes (they could have been a lot shorter if they used more letters). Most online forums would not have room for them, but sure how would the state post office have know that :rolleyes:

My amazon registered address is

rubadub
    AP 66X 0666 0666666
    Air Business Unit 5, The Merlin Centre Acrewood Way
    St Albans, Herts AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom

So I have 5 lines like you, but crammed stuff into 1 line. Actually mine is 4 lines if you get rid of UK. My address from an post would be 8 lines with the UK bit.

also ive found in the past that as long as you includ your name, ap number,air business and the postcode your parcel will be delivered correctly

Hmm guys so what should I do? I showed them the screenshot so I'll report back whqt they say.

Very like u items sent to them, about 4 have arrived already.

Safe to say it's the first and last time I'll be using such a pathetic service. I usually use parcel mktel without a single problem in 3 years. But amazon wouldn't take their northern Ireland address for some items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

But Mark look at it from their point of view : the AP number is the only way they can tell where the parcel has to go next, in Ireland.
    Not sure the Amazon transaction details are shown at front of parcel, it's usually a little slip inside.

I received a parcel destined for someone else because like that, the AP number was missing, and she probably had the same name as me and lived in Ireland. The Address Pal guys (it was at the very beginning) probably just thought : "oh, that must be her" and added my AP number by hand.

That's not a right solution either.

So they can't do anything but stick it into an "undelivered" stash I guess.

I think where AddressPal are at fault is on their website/information pamphlets. At the time when I registered, it really wasn't made very obvious that the single most important identifier was your AP number.

That should be made a lot more obvious for people less confident with internet transactions.

And the Amazon way of suggesting addresses that actually delete your AP is tricky too. It's easy to miss the change, nearly got caught myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Hmm guys so what should I do? I showed them the screenshot so I'll report back whqt they say.

Safe to say it's the first and last time I'll be using such a pathetic service. I usually use parcel mktel without a single problem in 3 years. But amazon wouldn't take their northern Ireland address for some items.

I have used address pal numerous times without any issue. How can you call it a pathetic service if you didn't use it right? Im sure parcel motel would be equally as pathetic if you didn't provide your name or account number!

alanc2003 wrote: »

I have used address pal numerous times without any issue. How can you call it a pathetic service if you didn't use it right? Im sure parcel motel would be equally as pathetic if you didn't provide your name or account number!
    alanc2003 wrote: »

If you read my comment right, you will see that I took out my name and account number when copying the addressing used to post to boards for privacy reasons. My name and account number were present in the amazon order.

I didn't include my name or the big code in the am very address but include the includes present in the amazon order.

Are you saying that your AP number is in your Amazon billing address, but not in the "ship to" address ?

If that's the case the mistake is simply yours, not theirs.

It's no good to them that your AP number should be on the billing/transaction print out that is (if I recall right) INSIDE the parcel.

They need the number in the actual shipping address.

I didn't include my name or the big code in the am very address but include the includes present in the amazon order.

Are you saying that your AP number is in your Amazon billing address, but not in the "ship to" address ?

If that's the case the mistake is simply yours, not theirs.

It's no good to them that your AP number should be on the billing/transaction print out that is (if I recall right) INSIDE the parcel.

They need the number in the actual shipping address.

It's in the shipping address.

Link I said. I didn't include it in my boards post but itt was present on amazon. I'm at fault for nothing.

I'm sorry for speaking bad about your beloved address pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

Am I screwed?

to be fair its hard to understand what exactly you are saying here! Apologies for misunderstanding

• Advertisement

Link I said. I didn't include it in my boards post but itt was present on amazon. I'm at fault for nothing.

Your post wasn't clear at all. To be honest if that's the tone you are using with an post customer services I'm not surprised they're not very helpful.

Your post wasn't clear at all. To be honest if that's the tone you are using with an post customer services I'm not surprised they're not very helpful.

It wasn't the tone I used. I explained 3 times before you understood whereas other people who responded to me understood after my original post. That's your issue, not mine.

An post customer service were very helpful and I now have my parcel. I still shouldn't have to go contacting them just to have the service they advertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Had my card for a couple of months now and only tried this for the first time last week. Ordered something inexpensive but heavy from Amazon on the 1st of Nov and I picked it up this morning on the 8th November. iirc it it would have cost £20 to have it delivered to Ireland but free to UK addresses plus the €3.50 fee on pickup.

Satisfied customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Paddez

Still waiting on an order that arrived in the UK Hub on the 27th.
    The lack of tracking between the UK Hub and Ireland makes it a huge PITA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Is my understanding correct that goods are more likely to arrive damaged using this service than say a professional courier such as DSL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am using AP instead of PM & I am really impressed. It's got a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    Is my understanding correct that goods are more likely to arrive damaged using this service than say a professional courier such as DSL

No, not sure where you got that idea from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Shelflife wrote: »
    No, not sure where you got that idea from.

one of the posters here was saying the stuff is tossed into a cage,that this is not a professional service

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I ordered a jacket and pair of trousers from Laredoute UK (much cheaper than the EU version) on the 2nd. It says despatched on the 4th. Unfortunately it was sent using Hermes, and was only delivered yesterday. The delivery tracking page only says "handed in to reception at 16:18PM".
    Is there any way to check if Addresspal have my parcel? Nothing is appearing on the website when i log in.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Is there any way to check if Addresspal have my parcel? Nothing is appearing on the website when i log in.

No.
    If it says it was handed in at reception- and has your full AP address- give it a couple of days- and it should turn up at your local postoffice. Unfortunately you have no tracking/tracing with the AP service- however, what do you expect for 3.50.........

Advertisement