Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    one of the posters here was saying the stuff is tossed into a cage,that this is not a professional service

Thats how they all do it :rolleyes: You honestly don't think they (any carrier) carry each parcel individual and stack it carefully :eek:

If a parcel isn't packed so it can be thrown around then it isn't packed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Suckit wrote: »
    Is there any way to check if Addresspal have my parcel? Nothing is appearing on the website when i log in.

No.
    If it says it was handed in at reception- and has your full AP address- give it a couple of days- and it should turn up at your local postoffice. Unfortunately you have no tracking/tracing with the AP service- however, what do you expect for 3.50.........
    Aye, i do not mind no tracking, but it would be nice to know that they have it. An sms confirmation when it enters their system or something. Ah, it is not their fault, it is cruddy Hermes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

my3cents wrote: »
    Thats how they all do it :rolleyes: You honestly don't think they (any carrier) carry each parcel individual and stack it carefully :eek:

If a parcel isn't packed so it can be thrown around then it isn't packed correctly.

Do you know this for a fact or is this your assumption?

I've watched the drivers throw stuff into the back of the van and had no reason to believe other staff do anything different.

Think it was DHL that picked up some printers that had been delivered by mistake from where I worked. The driver got his van right outside the door and then threw the printers, 24 of them some 10 meters into the back of his van from where they were stacked ready for him, needless to say he missed with a couple.

Also had packages that have been clearly run over with a forklift truck (from the tyre pattern) and their contents crushed.

Even if you are lucky for your stuff not be be chucked about it needs to be well enough packed to be able withstand a 2m high pile of other parcels stacked on top of it because there is no guarantee your parcel will be the one on the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

every worker in every courier company does it, FACT, bloke down the pub told me.

It's as true as all food delivery drivers spitting on your food next time if you do not tip, and as true as all chefs wiping your steak on their hole if you send it back. In Cathal Brugha street they even have a class to show the best technique. Career guidance people spot these sociopaths early on in life and steer them towards these jobs.

• Advertisement

I ordered a jacket and pair of trousers from Laredoute UK (much cheaper than the EU version) on the 2nd. It says despatched on the 4th. Unfortunately it was sent using Hermes, and was only delivered yesterday. The delivery tracking page only says "handed in to reception at 16:18PM".
    Is there any way to check if Addresspal have my parcel? Nothing is appearing on the website when i log in.

Just an update on this.
    I collected it yesterday. :)

Well AnPost need to sort their system out. According to the daily emails I have had since Tuesday up until Saturday AnPost still have the item I have here on my desk and will be sending it back.

I'd be interested to know what exactly they are sending back?

Does this happen every time you get an item from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Anyone get junk mail sent to address pal do they process it ? I bought a Ps4 a few weeks ago from tesco direct, got a notification this am about it, I called my local P/O and was told I cannot come in and check a delivery before deciding to pay for it. I am assuming this is some sort of tecso junk mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

bennyc wrote: »
    Anyone get junk mail sent to address pal do they process it ? I bought a Ps4 a few weeks ago from tesco direct, got a notification this am about it, I called my local P/O and was told I cannot come in and check a delivery before deciding to pay for it. I am assuming this is some sort of tecso junk mail.

It's probably another Ps4 sent on by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I 99.9% sure it can only be clubcard points as I never unchecked the box to receive correspondence on my account settings, but there is a voice in my head saying thats its another PS4 going off in my head all day. :P

• Advertisement

But it will have been chucked around and probably broken ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Friend of mine ordered 2 things from the UK via address pal, the first came no bother. The second has been with them for 8 working days, they keep saying its out for delivery, we're worried they've lost it. Any advice lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Friend of mine ordered 2 things from the UK via address pal, the first came no bother. The second has been with them for 8 working days, they keep saying its out for delivery, we're worried they've lost it. Any advice lads?

That's disappointing. Sorry don't have any advice.

I used address pal once and had a very good experience. The UK business I ordered from left out the AP xxxx xxxxxx details but it was still tracked down to me.

I put in an order yesterday from a UK shop. It took me ages to figure out what to pick between delivering directly to me to Ireland for 7 pounds or using address pal for free delivery within the UK. Considering it was a costly order I went with address pal to save some Euros.

That was yesterday morning.

The information about delivery online from the shop I ordered from said they aim to despatch on the same day if orders are placed before 12 noon with an email sent upon despatch. Unfortunately I never got an email yesterday or today about despatch. So things are hanging in the air for me with this. I emailed them during the weekend to see if the items I'm looking for are in stock and I received an email yesterday morning saying they are in stock. I got my order in yesterday morning before noon so I was hoping despatch would happen fairly lively estimating my ordering being in St.Albans today.

I reckon it will be into next week by the time I get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

That's disappointing. Sorry don't have any advice.

I used address pal once and had a very good experience. The UK business I ordered from left out the AP xxxx xxxxxx details but it was still tracked down to me.

I put in an order yesterday from a UK shop. It took me ages to figure out what to pick between delivering directly to me to Ireland for 7 pounds or using address pal for free delivery within the UK. Considering it was a costly order I went with address pal to save some Euros.

That was yesterday morning.

The information about delivery online from the shop I ordered from said they aim to despatch on the same day if orders are placed before 12 noon with an email sent upon despatch. Unfortunately I never got an email yesterday or today about despatch. So things are hanging in the air for me with this. I emailed them during the weekend to see if the items I'm looking for are in stock and I received an email yesterday morning saying they are in stock. I got my order in yesterday morning before noon so I was hoping despatch would happen fairly lively estimating my ordering being in St.Albans today.

I reckon it will be into next week by the time I get anything.

Ive used it before and all was grand, when it works well it's fine, but when something goes wrong like this it seems the customer service is appalling.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

dcfc91 wrote: »

Out for delivery? AddressPal don't 'deliver' as such, they just bring it to the local post office, once they have received it in Air Business - is the issue with the delivery method chosen by the sender?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

39 pages ..... can anyone take pity on me and save me searching through them and tell me how to put in your AP address into Amazon.co.uk , it keeps suggesting to me different addresses . Does that really long number go in with your name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

jonski wrote: »
    39 pages ..... can anyone take pity on me and save me searching through them and tell me how to put in your AP address into Amazon.co.uk , it keeps suggesting to me different addresses . Does that really long number go in with your name ?

Check the attached image, that's how have it on amazon, and I always got my parcels

Hey guys, can i return an item with addresspal?
    I bought from laredoute uk site and to return any items you have to agree to these terms:
    Free returns can be made within 21 days of receipt

I confirm that the collection will be made from my account billing address

I confirm that the parcel is small enough to fit into a car. For large and bulky items, please contact our Customer Care Team directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Check the attached image, that's how have it on amazon, and I always got my parcels

Have my address like that too, all working well, and I use it a lot.
    You have an option to ignore the suggestion if I recall right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I've used AP quite a few times without a hitch. Ordered some darts stuff for local team (bulky package but not heavy) - it arrived with no damage or hassle. Then ordered a high capacity powerbank. It arrived with no damage to packet.....possibly the big sticker CAUTION LITHIUM ION BATTERY stopped them driving over it or playing volleyball with it :D
    Had a few other orders through them and they were delivered without problems. Never got an official txt from them that the parcels were ready for collection. But I know the local postmaster and give him a heads up that there is something on the way ;) and he calls me when it arrives.

From my experience I couldn't fault AP - stuff delivered on time and never any damage. Can't say the same about most of the courier companies tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I am delighted. I put in an order on Monday morning at about 11.20 am. Thursday morning, I get an email telling me it's ready for collection at my local post office.

Is this a ratings thread?
    I thought this was the thread to get other users advice or help from. I did not realise. sorry.
    Is there a help thread or is it okay to ask questions here?
    I know they do not have one themselves, i have been trying to contact them.

Is this a ratings thread?
    I thought this was the thread to get other users advice or help from. I did not realise. sorry.
    Is there a help thread or is it okay to ask questions here?
    I know they do not have one themselves, i have been trying to contact them.

It's mostly user experience here. If you are having problems, someone here will prob have the answer......or at least point you in the right direction.

Sorry - just noticed your earlier post. As you bought through AP, your delivery is to UK. If you have to return something, you'll prob have to stump up for the postage back to the UK. As far as Laredoute are concerned, they shipped from UK to UK.

FanadMan wrote: »
    As you bought through AP, your delivery is to UK. If you have to return something, you'll prob have to stump up for the postage back to the UK. As far as Laredoute are concerned, they shipped from UK to UK.

Thanks. But what i mean is, can i use Addresspal to return the item like PW and PM?
    There is no direct address on the Laredoute website, and i am still waiting for a reply. I could skip their delays if I can pay addresspal to return it.
    Laredoute only offer this:
    For your convenience there are 3 ways you can return your items to us:
    Parcel Shop - Why not try our click and collect service from Hermes Parcelshop? With over 4500 locations nationwide, many shops are open 7 days a week, with extended opening hours, making it THE most convenient way to return your parcel to us. Also, it s completely FREE! Please see your delivery note for further details.
    Courier Collection - If your goods were delivered by our local courier, Hermes, they will collect your return parcel free of charge. Simply call our automated service on 033 0303 0199 and select Option 3.
    Post Office - Using our free returns and exchange service.
    My items were delivered by local courier, so i could send them back with addresspal and the courier could collect them from the St. Albans address. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had to do something similar.

Thanks. But what i mean is, can i use Addresspal to return the item like PW and PM?
    There is no direct address on the Laredoute website, and i am still waiting for a reply. I could skip their delays if I can pay addresspal to return it.
    Laredoute only offer this:

My items were delivered by local courier, so i could send them back with addresspal and the courier could collect them from the St. Albans address. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had to do something similar.

I honestly don't know. There is no information on the AP site about returns. Maybe contact them? Contact An Post Customer Services at 01 705 7600 or send an email to addresspalsupport@anpost.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Addresspal is a one-way system- there is no mechanism associated with it to return goods to the collection point in AL4 OJY.

If you contact An Post- they will cheerfully tell you to use one of their regular mail facilities (i.e. international parcel post) to send packages back- at your own expense. The return of goods is not part of this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

never used address pal before.
    how do you pay? is it on collection at the post office.

what are they like if your supplier fails to put your address pal number on the package?

what happens if you buy something that you should't have. do they just refuse to accept it or what? how would they know anyway?

Seve OB wrote: »
    never used address pal before.
    how do you pay? is it on collection at the post office.

what are they like if your supplier fails to put your address pal number on the package?

what happens if you buy something that you should't have. do they just refuse to accept it or what? how would they know anyway?

Yeah - you get email/txt saying package is at your PO and you go and present your card and pay then.

If the supplier doesn't address it correctly, it's their fault. Amazon and eBay orders I've made both had correct address - just a PITA fitting the whole address in :D

I ordered a powerbank which is restricted (Li-ion battery) but it arrived fine. Think they actually ship the packages from UK via boat rather than air.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

FanadMan wrote: »
    Yeah - you get email/txt saying package is at your PO and you go and present your card and pay then.

If the supplier doesn't address it correctly, it's their fault. Amazon and eBay orders I've made both had correct address - just a PITA fitting the whole address in :D

I ordered a powerbank which is restricted (Li-ion battery) but it arrived fine. Think they actually ship the packages from UK via boat rather than air.

Cheers

ordered stuff and only realised after they might not like the fact that it includes liquids!

Also have a feeling the supplier might not include the number as I had it all set up, but when I checked out, that line was left out of the delivery address for some mad reason!

At least with PM you can let them know you are expecting a delivery!

here's hoping anyway!

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Cheers

ordered stuff and only realised after they might not like the fact that it includes liquids!

Also have a feeling the supplier might not include the number as I had it all set up, but when I checked out, that line was left out of the delivery address for some mad reason!

At least with PM you can let them know you are expecting a delivery!

here's hoping anyway!

You'd need to contact them as that AP xxx xxxx xxxxxxx number identifies you and the PO it is supposed to be delivered to. Without it, when the package gets to St Albans, they won't know where to send it to.

Advertisement