Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Is it safe to order a li-ion phone charger from Amazon or could it be rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Charger is charger. Batteries are restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

joujoujou wrote: »
    Charger is charger. Batteries are restricted.

this sounds like its a portable phone charger which itself is a battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

So it is not a charger, it's powerbank, I'd say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Well, I ordered a 22400mAh powerbank from Amazon though AP. It contained 6 x 18650 batteries and had a massive label stating that it was batteries - still got through. Even though AP state that batteries are restricted they seem to go through. Might be a bit easier this time of year when there will be a lot of online orders going through - AP might not notice.

• Advertisement

PowerBank
    Sorry for the lack of clarity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Anyone have a UK number for address pal depot?

Need it for an eBay order

Anyone have a UK number for address pal depot?

Need it for an eBay order

I doubt you can ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    I doubt you can ring them?

:pac:
    He needs it to complete his order.
    I fiddled around with my number a bit and it eventually accepted it.
    I may have used a UK area code with my own number I think.
    Bit of a balls alright though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

How long does it normally take from when your order lands at the UK depot to get to your post office in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Seve OB wrote: »
    How long does it normally take from when your order lands at the UK depot to get to your post office in Dublin?

Sometimes 3 but usually 4 days for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

blade1 wrote: »
    :pac:
    He needs it to complete his order.
    I fiddled around with my number a bit and it eventually accepted it.
    I may have used a UK area code with my own number I think.
    Bit of a balls alright though!

What I done was I got the number for the Air Business limited unit place think it was number 4 and used that as address pal should be next door to them being number 5 the number won't be even used I'd say it a car part of eBay like

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭talkingpj

Sorry this might be a silly question. If ordering from a uk website that is charging £8.50 international delivery to ireland. Would it be cheaper to use address pal which is only €3.50. Or am i missing something?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

talkingpj wrote: »
    Sorry this might be a silly question. If ordering from a uk website that is charging £8.50 international delivery to ireland. Would it be cheaper to use address pal which is only €3.50. Or am i missing something?

It depends on what the website charges to deliver in the UK. That cost + the €3.50 Address Pal is what you're looking to compare against the £8.50 international delivery charge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

talkingpj wrote: »

Not a silly question at all.

The seller will charge you what ever they charge for UK delivery to deliver to your UK 'address pal' address, then when package arrives in your An Post post office you will be charged €3.50 to collect it. Hope that helps.

On another note. Why are people having problems with the long number on the address? I've been using it with Amazon, eBay and a few other site since it started and I always get what I've ordered, bother has ever been lost or delayed and I've ordered a lot of stuff.

I have a package waiting for collection from China (that was posted to my address pal address last Wednesday) that would only deliver to the UK at the moment so gonna go collect that now.

Why are people having problems with the long number on the address?
    Where did you hear people are having problems? I am guessing you saw the numerous posts where people did have problems, and they would have said what the problem was...

rubadub wrote: »
    Where did you hear people are having problems? I am guessing you saw the numerous posts where people did have problems, and they would have said what the problem was...

I've been getting emails from posts here every day or two with people giving out that the AP number you put in the address is too long etc for websites to take. IDK.

I've been getting emails from posts here every day or two with people giving out that the AP number you put in the address is too long etc for websites to take. IDK.

Guess it's just the way you enter the details - I had to play around with the address on Amazon. As long as the name, AP code, business unit and Post Code are included it should be ok.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Guess it's just the way you enter the details - I had to play around with the address on Amazon. As long as the name, AP code, business unit and Post Code are included it should be ok.

Ah yeah I know that :) just seems a LOT of people can't figure it out for whatever reasons.

Anyway, I'm super pleased with the service

Anyway, I'm super pleased with the service

You're not the only one :)

• Advertisement

First AP purchase delivered Lunch time today at UK address. Do you get notification from when it lands at depot or are you only notified when it lands at your chosen Post Office?

Have to say, I do like PM option where you can let them know that you are expecting a delivery and feel AP are missing a trick here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

First AP purchase delivered Lunch time today at UK address. Do you get notification from when it lands at depot or are you only notified when it lands at your chosen Post Office?
    Unfortunately only when it arrives at your PO

Not a silly question at all.

Why are people having problems with the long number on the address?.
    Seems someone has the answer for you...
    the AP number you put in the address is too long etc for websites to take.

This is the complaint I have seen several times -which I presumed you had too.
    just seems a LOT of people can't figure it out for whatever reasons.
    Yes, a lot of laypeople do not realise how they can manipulate or shorten this excessively long address, they do not know what line is OK to leave out or reduce. This is not surprising to me in the slightest.

What is mindbogglingly infuriating and incomprehensible is that all the supposedly professional & experienced people involved with implementing this system, FAR from "laypeople", did not have the IQ to cop on that this needlessly long number and needlessly long amount of lines in the address would create problems, people who inherently deal with shortened/incorrect/misspelled addresses all the time. You'd swear it was devised by a bunch of primary school kids, who would have got a D- in their project for not copping on to the most glaringly obvious problem with it.

rubadub wrote: »
    Seems someone has the answer for you...

This is the complaint I have seen several times -which I presumed you had too.

Yes, a lot of laypeople do not realise how they can manipulate or shorten this excessively long address, they do not know what line is OK to leave out or reduce. This is not surprising to me in the slightest.

What is mindbogglingly infuriating and incomprehensible is that all the supposedly professional & experienced people involved with implementing this system, FAR from "laypeople", did not have the IQ to cop on that this needlessly long number and needlessly long amount of lines in the address would create problems, people who inherently deal with shortened/incorrect/misspelled addresses all the time. You'd swear it was devised by a bunch of primary school kids, who would have got a D- in their project for not copping on to the most glaringly obvious problem with it.

All it takes is a wee bit of knowledge of how Royal Mail works. All you really need is the name, number and post code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

How do returns work with this service?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Taylor365 wrote: »
    How do returns work with this service?

They don't- its a one way service.

It's bloody slow isn't it. Shipment delivered to their depot before lunch last Thursday and still no sign of it in Dublin yet

It's bloody slow isn't it. Shipment delivered to their depot before lunch last Thursday and still no sign of it in Dublin yet

I've a package that was signed for last Wednesday evening- that hasn't materialised here yet either. Seems to be a bit slower than usual.

I've a package that was signed for last Wednesday evening- that hasn't materialised here yet either. Seems to be a bit slower than usual.

time to contact them?

• Advertisement

time to contact them?

I was going to give them tomorrow- and if it still hasn't turned up- ring them on Thursday.........

Advertisement