Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I've a package that was signed for last Wednesday evening- that hasn't materialised here yet either. Seems to be a bit slower than usual.

Mine took a little longer than usual but that is to be expected. They are probably taking longer to get to St Albans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Came in here to ask if its slower than normal....amazon delivered last Wednesday no sign of my delivery yet ..it's my first time using this service was expecting it to be quicker....ordered off amazon last Thursday and used parcel motel to compare collected my parcel motel order this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

harr wrote: »
    Came in here to ask if its slower than normal....amazon delivered last Wednesday no sign of my delivery yet ..it's my first time using this service was expecting it to be quicker....ordered off amazon last Thursday and used parcel motel to compare collected my parcel motel order this morning...

Same here, first time using, but I needed a GB address rather than a UK one. So slow compared with PM. Anytime I have used PM I got delivery no more than 2 days after item arriving at their depot, even weekends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

FanadMan wrote: »
    All it takes is a wee bit of knowledge of how Royal Mail works. All you really need is the name, number and post code.

How would that be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I ordered from Amazon using AP last Monday , only got to St.Albans today :( .

• Advertisement

MrDiyFan wrote: »

uk postcode narrows down to a few houses. if you have the postcode and house number, thats all royal mail need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Seve OB wrote:
    uk postcode narrows down to a few houses. if you have the postcode and house number, thats all royal mail need

MrDiyFan wrote:

Exactly what I was going to say but Seve got there first :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Perhaps Irish Customs are on a crack-down or something?
    I've a number of Amazon packages- sent directly here, not to Addresspal- which are also taking wholly inordinate lengths of time to get here.

May ring An Post Customer Sevices this morning and see if they can shed any light on matters- but honestly- I don't think its restricted to Addresspal by any means- seems to be any packages coming into the country- across the board.

Just got customer services there- message is- 3-5 working days is normal- however, its far from unusual for it to take longer- it depends on a lot of factors outside of their control. If items were signed for on Wednesday of last week- to give it at least until Tue/Wed of next week- and if it still hasn't materialised at that stage- they can launch an investigation.

Sounds like there is some sort of delay after occuring (not that they are letting on).

Re: customs etc- they're not aware of any delays other than 'normal'

Spoke to customer service myself they told me exactly the same, told me to ring back tomorrow ..mine was definitely delivered last Wednesday morning so they have it 6 working days now ..they don't seem to be able to trace an individual delivery..which seems odd...I doubt its customs as I have received orders directly from amazon and Parcel motel ordered last week..

• Advertisement

So after contacting customer services this morning to find out where my delivery was...I got a text message an hour ago telling me it's ready for collecting..
    So down to post office to pick it up no problem...girl in PO tells me it's there since Monday evening...so it looks like a delay or backlog in getting the Notifications to customers... anyway all good and I have my 📦

harr wrote: »
    So after contacting customer services this morning to find out where my delivery was...I got a text message an hour ago telling me it's ready for collecting..
    So down to post office to pick it up no problem...girl in PO tells me it's there since Monday evening...so it looks like a delay or backlog in getting the Notifications to customers... anyway all good and I have my 📦

That's why I always give my PO the headsup that a package is on the way - they always contact me direct......long before email/txt arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

FanadMan wrote: »
    That's why I always give my PO the headsup that a package is on the way - they always contact me direct......long before email/txt arrives.

That's a pretty dire service. So they seem to have no centralised way of knowing where an individual package is from the time it arrives in St Alban's until someone in the destination post office gets around to entering it in the system?

MOH wrote: »
    That's a pretty dire service. So they seem to have no centralised way of knowing where an individual package is from the time it arrives in St Alban's until someone in the destination post office gets around to entering it in the system?

Yeah, it is pretty poor. But for me at that price, it's the best of a bad lot. And it also means I get to chat to a friend as well :) God, that makes me sound old lol

MOH wrote: »
    That seems to be the case...I asked customer service to check where my delivery was and they said they had no way of knowing where it was...plus it seems they could not tell me when my delivery arrived in St Albans ...only way I knew was because amazon told me it was delivered...
    It not a bad service once things run smoothly but I can imagine it will be a nightmare if a parcel goes missing...seems an odd set up..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 conormaher101

Sounds cool

Interesting
    I might take a spin down my local so and see if there is anything there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Apologies if this has already been answered, I had a look over the last few pages and didn't see anything.

I have to buy a certain type of aftershave for my nephew for Kris Kindle so when I saw it available on Amazons Black Friday sale I bought it and setup an Address Pal account to have it delivered, as Amazon don't deliver aftershaves to Ireland. I got a letter and membership card from Address Pal today and noticed they don't deliver aftershaves either. Would there be any chance it might get through or will it be sent back to Amazon? And will I have headaches trying to get a refund if it is sent back? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Double C wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been answered, I had a look over the last few pages and didn't see anything.

I have to buy a certain type of aftershave for my nephew for Kris Kindle so when I saw it available on Amazons Black Friday sale I bought it and setup an Address Pal account to have it delivered, as Amazon don't deliver aftershaves to Ireland. I got a letter and membership card from Address Pal today and noticed they don't deliver aftershaves either. Would there be any chance it might get through or will it be sent back to Amazon? And will I have headaches trying to get a refund if it is sent back? Thanks

Should get though. Amazon packaging doesn't normally advertise whats inside so no one will know.

I tried calling earlier on but couldn't get through. What number are you guys ringing?

Anyway, I took a punt and went up to the local Post Office, but my parcel had still not arrived. Very nice and friendly lady, rang HO and got put through to the relevant dept and they just told here I should have it by the end of the week as they are backlogged.

I can handle that as the item is not important, but they advertise 3-4 days which in itself is slow compared with PM, but its now looking like 7+ and that's not on.

I just hope they actually have my parcel and haven't lost it & I hope it wasn't delivered without my PA number on it. Even PM, you can let them know you are expecting something and they will cross match things to reduce delays. AP seem to not give a toss, sure try again in a few days and if you still don't have it after 10 days we'll look into it for you!!

But even fit's not lost, it would be nice if they had some kind of tracking system, I don't see why they can't do it. From my first impressions, AP seems to be a bit of an amateur fly by night operation who just haven't thought everything through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lads it's coming up to Christmas!
    Also with black Friday and cyber monday,I think we can't realistically expect there not to be some delays.
    I use this and parcel wizard and happy with both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

blade1 wrote: »
    Lads it's coming up to Christmas!
    Also with black Friday and cyber monday,I think we can't realistically expect there not to be some delays.
    I use this and parcel wizard and happy with both.

+1 My parcelwizard is a few days behind too and I have given up on parcel motel for Christmas as it took them 6 days to reply to a support ticket and only replied after I contacted them on Twitter. Crazy busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I just came in to see if anyone else experiencing delays, and read above. :(
    Crap. I am waiting on two important parcels that I have ordered for someone else. I told them that they would be here by today. They were delivered last Friday to Addresspal and still no sign of them.

Just collected 2 parcels this morning from the local post office.
    No e-mail or txt received for them- one came in on Monday apparently, the other this morning.
    If anyone is missing anything- might be worthwhile checking in their local PO to see if its there.
    There e-mail/txt notification system seems to be having a few issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

How strict are AddressPal with oversized items? I've something being delivered that is 88cm x 46cm x 21cm which is a little outside of their stated sized.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

How strict are AddressPal with oversized items? I've something being delivered that is 88cm x 46cm x 21cm which is a little outside of their stated sized.

They are quite strict, for oversize items I think best is parcel wizard, most cases they will only charge the standard charge for any parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Thanks, I'd already ordered, didn't think there would be an issue with the size. If I'm charged for oversized I may chance my are arguing the T&Cs state the package is "Standard" based on this "An Post’s “standard size and weight dimensions for parcels” are: Length 1.5 meters, Length plus girth 3m, girth 2*(depth plus width)." which mine would fall under.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Just got text so my parcel has eventually arrived.
    Happy days, better late than never!
    But it'll have to wait till the morning.... Chrimbo party tonight straight after work :D
    now wondering if I am going to be hit with oversize fees!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Who can believe this?

I changed the Post Office that I would collect from and they changed my number and will send a new card.

Seriously !!

Now have to change the number anywhere I registered the address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

There was an AddressPal representative on Newstalk Business Breakfast this morning. He mentioned that they hope to have an address in the US in the new year to facilitate ordering from American sites. There was no mention of how duties would be dealt with but he did say it would not be much more expensive than the current product.

Advertisement