Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

my3cents wrote: »
    Do Amazon.CO.UK refer to a state and zip code?

It was definitely amazon.co.uk, I triple checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

I've had a powerbank sent here directly by Amazon- never mind via Addresspal. It is on the banned list- but I don't think Amazon, An Post or anyone else, really give a hoot.

Amazon just wouldn't ship the item to my address. I noticed that it wasn't just that specific power bank but every one that I checked. Unfortunately Amazon were the only ones that sold the specific one that I was looking for. Unless you use AddressPal there is probably no other way to get similar items delivered to Ireland.

Seve OB wrote: »
    if this was sent by recorded post or courier would you not be entitled to claim against the handler for loosing your mail? If you got no notice, how do you know it was seized as opposed to lost?

It was sent via Royal Mail standard. So there was no way I could track the package. My friend just shipped it without asking me what shipping option to choose. Granted I would probably have chosen the cheaper option myself as I didn't think it would have been a problem. In hindsight I would have gone with addresspal from the beginning. Also, this was around 4 months ago so I think I would have received something by now if there wasn't an issue :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am starting to really dislike this service already.
    I emailed them last week and have still received no reply, so I rang them today. It took nearly 10 minutes before I got an operator and then she fobbed me off with "If you email them at addresspalsupport@anpost.ie they will be able to help you."
    "Uhm.. I have already emailed them, last week and i have still received no reply. Could you check where it is from there please?"
    "No, sorry, I cannot check anything from here. If you email them at addresspalsupport@anpost.ie they will be able to tell you where it is. Is there anything else that i can help you with sir?"

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I decided to ring again, and I got through to a helpful guy. He even rang my local Post Office to double check (I had tried that, but they have connected their public number up to the fax machine and cannot be rang).
    It is not there, he checked the system and there is no sign of it there either. He gave me a direct number to Addresspal support.
    I dialled it, it rings once and then hangs up.
    017058866 :mad:

Edit - Got through and a guy is going to do a check up to look for it, and contact me back. It looks like it was processed last week and disappeared after that.

Also, nobody mentioned a back log, out of all the people I spoke to only one person mentioned that if there was a delay, it should still have arrived by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'll say one thing for them, despite my package having no AP number on it I got it reasonably quickly. Didn't spot it at first, but they actually opened the box. There was a receipt inside with MY AP number on it, (why couldn't the seller put that on the outside :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, the seller had put half the stuff inside a second box and half just lying around in the main box stuffed with plastic bubble wrap. Inside the main box was a large bottle of liquid which they seemed to ignore. If they opened the smaller box they would have found another 5 bottles of liquid. Even if they looked at the receipt they would have spotted all the stuff that shouldn't have been there.

The sticker said it was opened by An Post, so maybe it wasn't opened till it landed in Ireland and at that stage they didn't care. I reckon I was probably outside their dimensions allowed, but only by a couple of cm and it was well under 20kg so they let it slide also.

I just got an email from an post saying my parcel is ready for collection. Will update when I go to my local post office. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Aokay wrote: »
    I just got an email from an post saying my parcel is ready for collection. Will update when I go to my local post office. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

Can't see why it wouldn't go smoothly.
    If it at the p.o. just bring the acceptable I.d. when collecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Has anyone ever ordered a power bank and had it delivered to your AddressPal address? It's my only option as AddressPal offers a UK mainland address.

I've one on the way now, a big 20000+

A poster on BA had a couple delivered recently

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jumbells

I purchased 4 items to be delivered to Address Pal. All showed as delivered. I have only received 3 of them. The one that just happened to go missing was a Laptop and yet it was the first I ordered with them. The other 3 that arrived were inexpensive items. I got told to contact them via the email address after waiting on the phone for over 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jumbells wrote: »
    I purchased 4 items to be delivered to Address Pal. All showed as delivered. I have only received 3 of them. The one that just happened to go missing was a Laptop and yet it was the first I ordered with them. The other 3 that arrived were inexpensive items. I got told to contact them via the email address after waiting on the phone for over 20 mins.

And am I correct in saying that's just tough titty as there is no insurance on your items with them??

I bloody hope not it cost me over 300GBP.

Appalling customer support. I rang the number on the website again and was given a new number to ring 01-7058866 which I did and they bounced me back to the original number I called.

I received the parcel without any problems (aside from the huge queue). All I had to do was sign and pay the fee. A mostly positive experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

I received the parcel without any problems (aside from the huge queue). All I had to do was sign and pay the fee. A mostly positive experience.

The powerbank?:)

How big of a box do they use and was it labelled batteries? Mine arrived at adressspal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Smarten

Hi

I am looking for advice regarding AddressPal.

I placed an order last week from Toys R US ( little girls main christmas present).
    I have been checking the tracking details provided by Toys R US online.

When I checked it earlier today it had a comment "Refused by customer DELIVERY REFUSED, SIGNED FOR BY CALLEN, USING SATURN
    13:28 Today GMT"

This is where I started to worry :-)

As a result, I checked the addresspal information I had provided on the delivery address.
    I provided the correct AP **** number.

I just noticed that for the remaining address I added Air Business
    Unit 6, The Merlin Centre
    Acrewood Way
    St Albans
    Herts AL4 0JY

The correct address I should have used according to my card was Unit 5.

Will this cause an issue?

First time using AddressPal..

Any advice on who I should contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Folks,
    As per current issues I wouldn't advise using this service. Item delivered to the on 22 Nov with signed POD, but no sign of parcel. Have rang them directly 8 times - always someone will look and ring me back - I have not received one call yet. Here is what I have learned from their "customer service reps" and is why I won't use them again.

They sign for everything en masse without checking them, so if Royal Mail or UPS rock with a truck of deliveries (which is quite likely), they sign for them all without checking they are getting them all, thus giving the seller POD, even if they may not have received the item in Addresspal depot.

They do not log the items in their system when they arrive, just ship them on to an post, who obviously do. This items can get lost between delivery and arriving in an post in ireland without any tracking.

Not clear what the insurance coverage is if any.

Based on my experience and previous poster, expensive items seem to be getting "lost".

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

This is my issue,even though I have thankfully got all my orders (low value) ... absolutely no traceability from time in arrives in St.albans to my post office...so it's only a matter of time that higher value items will go walk about ...my last two orders were just left in Mail room with no signatures or name as to who took them in ...I definitely wouldn't be getting anything to expensive sent this way ...

Jumbells wrote:

Let me know if you have any luck. I have similar scenario.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Jumbells wrote: »
    I bloody hope not it cost me over 300GBP.

There is no insurance with AddressPal

• Advertisement

I will but I have a real bad feeling about this.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Peterd66 wrote: »
    They sign for everything en masse without checking them, so if Royal Mail or UPS rock with a truck of deliveries (which is quite likely), they sign for them all without checking they are getting them all, thus giving the seller POD, even if they may not have received the item in Addresspal depot.
    Of course they sign for them en masse; they have no idea how many parcels are going to be delivered, how are they supposed to check that?

Peterd66 wrote: »
    They do not log the items in their system when they arrive, just ship them on to an post, who obviously do.

Air Business are a subsidiary of An Post: https://www.linkedin.com/company/air-business-limited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Hi guys, just wondering how long dies it take for parcels to be signed for in AP in UK and to then arrive in Irish post office?

Hi guys, just wondering how long dies it take for parcels to be signed for in AP in UK and to then arrive in Irish post office?

Around 4 days

Why would anyone in ireland use AddressPal unless there was no other option? I mean I can understand someone using the service for stuff like perfumes/colognes and power banks and stuff like that as there is no other way of getting it delivered to ireland.
    There are currently such better options out there at the moment such as Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard that aren't as limited as AddressPal in terms of the sizes of the parcel that they will deliver without additional fees.
    My advice is only use the service if you have no other option as from reading the past few comments their customer service seems to be deplorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Why would anyone in ireland use AddressPal unless there was no other option? I mean I can understand someone using the service for stuff like perfumes/colognes and power banks and stuff like that as there is no other way of getting it delivered to ireland.
    There are currently such better options out there at the moment such as Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard that aren't as limited as AddressPal in terms of the sizes of the parcel that they will deliver without additional fees.
    My advice is only use the service if you have no other option as from reading the past few comments their customer service seems to be deplorable.

for me its a matter of convenience, my nearest parcel motel location is a 40 minute drive away but I can walk to my local post office in 5 minutes. For the majority of the country this is the case as parcel motels coverage outside urban centres is average at best. As for parcel wizard being able to pick up my parcel at my leisure is a big benefit of addresspal, waiting around all day for dpd to deliver just isnt an option sometimes.

also important to note that since it was launched ive recieved nearly 30 items, including some obviously labelled high value electronics, and so far the closest thing ive had to a problem is a seller forgetting to include my number on the parcel delaying my parcel. The lack of tracking from the uk to here isn't ideal but its only a minor inconvenience when weighed against the positives of the service.

Spocker wrote:
    Of course they sign for them en masse; they have no idea how many parcels are going to be delivered, how are they supposed to check that?

Disagree. I have worked in the distribution business and you would never sign for a whole delivery without checking you got all the items listed in the delivery note or APN. Otherwise you are accepting all issues potentially arising from the carrier, who can be unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Depp wrote: »

for me its a matter of convenience, my nearest parcel motel location is a 40 minute drive away but I can walk to my local post office in 5 minutes. For the majority of the country this is the case as parcel motels coverage outside urban centres is average at best. As for parcel wizard being able to pick up my parcel at my leisure is a big benefit of addresspal, waiting around all day for dpd to deliver just isnt an option sometimes.

also important to note that since it was launched ive recieved nearly 30 items, including some obviously labelled high value electronics, and so far the closest thing ive had to a problem is a seller forgetting to include my number on the parcel delaying my parcel. The lack of tracking from the uk to here isn't ideal but its only a minor inconvenience when weighed against the positives of the service.

What about parcel connect ya gotta have some pick up locations closer

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Signed for 30th November and then picked up in local post office yesterday the 5th.

So 5 days and that's including the weekend. Not to bad considering time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

brophy wrote: »
    Signed for 30th November and then picked up in local post office yesterday the 5th.

So 5 days and that's including the weekend. Not to bad considering time of year.
    Mine was signed for on 29th... No sign yet. I'll give them til tomorrow and check local post office and then email I suppose.... Only used it for power banks til now, this one needed a UK address. Much prefer parcel motel / wizard but the mainland UK address works when needed.

Advertisement