Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Trying to order from zavvi.com
    They wont deliver to Ireland so I iused my addresspal adress

Got this reply

Frustrating as **** and I seem to be out of options

Are you sure they don't deliver to Ireland? I got 3 games off them last month direct to my address in Dublin via Nightline couriers (no address forwarding, that's their own courier)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Are they parcel motel in disguise? 2 items with them over a week and no sign of them. It's frustrating it doesn't even show up on your account that it is in their London depot or Dublin depot, I would happily accept that. Have tracking numbers for both but that only got me as far as their uk address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

pm1977x wrote: »
    Are you sure they don't deliver to Ireland? I got 3 games off them last month direct to my address in Dublin via Nightline couriers (no address forwarding, that's their own courier)

Said they wont deliver electronic items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Had email to say an item had shipped to addresspal on the 8th of December. Email today 14th to say it's in my Post Office.
    Very good.

ei9go wrote: »
    Had email to say an item had shipped to addresspal on the 8th of December. Email today 14th to say it's in my Post Office.
    Very good.

5 working days of a delay i am told. I stupidly changed to address pal when parcel motel was clogged up, seems like everyone did the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

5 working days of a delay i am told. I stupidly changed to address pal when parcel motel was clogged up, seems like everyone did the same

I don't think AddressPal have ever marketed themselves as a fast service to be fair. It saves money and is more convenient for people like me who are far from parcel motel, but it's not very fast and doesn't claim to be as far as I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I don't think AddressPal have ever marketed themselves as a fast service to be fair. It saves money and is more convenient for people like me who are far from parcel motel, but it's not very fast and doesn't claim to be as far as I've seen.

That's what makes AP my favourite - 80km roundtrip to nearest PM depot

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

FanadMan wrote: »
    That's what makes AP my favourite - 80km roundtrip to nearest PM depot

Plus they don't seem to give a hoot what you ship with them- sure they have a list of verboten items- however, they don't police it in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

Ordered an item from Amazon last Wednesday night with address pal, got the text today to say it's in the post office.

First time using the service, and very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Moon38

I've had serious issues with AddressPal recently. I bought expensive item and it was delivered to St Albans but without the AP code (not sure who's fault this was) but regardless Addresspal have seemingly no record of what happened to the package. I have a signature to show they signed for it. Surely if the address information is incomplete they are obliged to return to sender? In which case it would go back to retailer who does have tracking system. Secondly they must be obliged to provide me with details about what they did to trace the recipient - I can't get any information at all other than 'we hope t will turn up at your post office'!! I had a second parcel without the AP code and I was called to identify its contents and I received it, although late. Happy to accept it being late due to missing AP code - not happy at all that they can give me no information at all about what happened to it. Has this happened to anyone else and what did they do??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I've used addresspal once and it was a disaster, never again. I sent parts to the UK for repair and paid for an express repair service and chose addresspal as the return method to try it out and also as it was considerably cheaper. Good were depatched to St. Albans on 22/11/16 and signed for on 23/11/16.

I got them yesterday !! 14/12/16

Despite may phonecalls and emails nobody could help me at all. Then out of the blue a text at 17.37 saying it was ready at my local Post Office for collection. The post office was closed and the text said I had 4 days to collect, which was really 3 instead of the 5 advertised.

To be honest I know its a bad time of year, I know it cost alot less, but the simple fact that their tracking is non-existent means I will never use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

MercMad wrote: »
    Good were depatched to St. Albans on 22/11/16 and signed for on 23/11/16.

Same issue, signed for on the 24th of November and still can't get a reply as to what has happened to my package. Hoping I will get a surprise text soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Used Address Pal for the first time this week after hearing bad things about Parcel Motel.

My delivery arrived in Herts on Monday 12th and just got the text today 3 days later to say it is ready for collection.

Very happy with the service so far and will use again in the future

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Item (hand blender that was a limited time offer back in June on Amazon) finally shipped on Monday (over 6 months later)- and was delivered by Amazon's own delivery service to St. Albans on Tuesday lunchtime. Just got a txt to say its ready for collection in Lucan a few minutes ago. Aside from the fact that it took Amazon over 6 months to dispatch the item An Post have outdone themselves this time. I suspect the fact that I only paid £30 for the item- and they've been sending me regular e-mails asking if I'd like to cancel the order- probably has something to do with how long it took Amazon to finally ship it...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Moon38

Still have received no information from AddressPal about my package. Signed for in 2nd December but AP code missing. They cannot tell me what happened to it at all. I've written to everyone I can in Address pal, An Post and air Business in St Albans. No one has replied to me. 5 days to Christmas and no one can tell me what happened to my iPhone 7 once they signed for it. Unbelievable. Why can't they just return to sender or put in holding bay till they identify recipient. Beyond despair at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Masala

Moon38 wrote: »
    Still have received no information from AddressPal about my package. Signed for in 2nd December but AP code missing. They cannot tell me what happened to it at all. I've written to everyone I can in Address pal, An Post and air Business in St Albans. No one has replied to me. 5 days to Christmas and no one can tell me what happened to my iPhone 7 once they signed for it. Unbelievable. Why can't they just return to sender or put in holding bay till they identify recipient. Beyond despair at this stage

Jeez.... U didn't trust an IPhone 7 to a 3rd party courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

My heart goes out to you man. The address is to ungainly. 3rd part seller, I'd have no faith in them getting it addressed properly

If I had to I'd go Joe 686423889 Blooms on the first time as a backup.

Keep us Informed about it

Oh no, have you physically talked to someone about it? Thats the only downside to them, no tracking even if you had your adresspal number on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I genuinely think this one of those rare cases where talking to Joe would be a good idea.

I know the crappy compensation is in the small print which I actually read before using the service but most people don't and why would they for a service seemingly provided by our national postal service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RP4L

I ordered two items off amazon at the same time one relatively cheap item and one rather expensive item I made sure to tell amazon to send both together and decided to use address pal as it would've worked out cheaper amazon split the order but both arrived the same day anyway which was the 5th of December I got a text on the 8th saying that a parcel had arrived in my local post office and of course it was the cheap item it's now the 21st and I haven't heard a thing their email support is useless I might as well be writing my complaint and throwing it out window and the customer service just gave me another different number to ring at this stage I've come to terms with the fact that it probably won't arrive for Christmas but I would like it to arrive sometime in the future rather than not atall

• Advertisement

RP4L wrote: »
    I ordered two items off amazon at the same time one relatively cheap item and one rather expensive item I made sure to tell amazon to send both together and decided to use address pal as it would've worked out cheaper amazon split the order but both arrived the same day anyway which was the 5th of December I got a text on the 8th saying that a parcel had arrived in my local post office and of course it was the cheap item it's now the 21st and I haven't heard a thing their email support is useless I might as well be writing my complaint and throwing it out window and the customer service just gave me another different number to ring at this stage I've come to terms with the fact that it probably won't arrive for Christmas but I would like it to arrive sometime in the future rather than not atall

Rule of Thumb; if its an expensive item pay the extra to get it delivered to your home. You are not the first I have read that has been burned by this

• Registered Users Posts: 25 extratime

I have used AddressPal for seven separate items recently and have been happy with the service and speed of delivery. Some of these items could not have been purchased without a UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Was picking up my last order in post office this morning, and the girl mentioned that it seems expensive items are routinely going missing...because of the lack of tracking the items...I definitely won't be using it for anything above €100 worth until a proper tracking procedure is in place...just to easy for expensive items to go missing between St Albans and your post office...she mentioned two people who have contacted the post office enquiring about a missing laptop and a Samsung phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

have addresspal put up their christmas dates anywhere yet? have something due to be delivered to them today and trying to gauge the likelihood of having it by friday

Depp wrote: »
    have addresspal put up their christmas dates anywhere yet? have something due to be delivered to them today and trying to gauge the likelihood of having it by friday

I was on the phone to someone Monday who said 5 working days is current turnaround. But i see some are getting theirs a lot quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I was on the phone to someone Monday who said 5 working days is current turnaround. But i see some are getting theirs a lot quicker

My average is 3 working days after it gets to st Albans, mine is a rural post office with usually 2 sorting stops before anything gets here.

For 3.50 I wouldn't trust address pal with more expensive items. It's brilliant for bits and pieces, clothes, books...

You just have to figure what you can expect from it as a customer, for that value and at that pace. I'm very happy with iit, but I'd pay for registered post on more valuable items.

Their website and pamphlets could definitely do with more clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

yeah they seem to be really doing a lot to get them out quick, had one item delivered to st albans a few weeks ago on a friday and it was in the post office ready to go on tuesday! was just wondering if they had put any dates out themselves as google wasnt helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

First time using Address Pal.

Am I right in thinking that no information is provided on the AddressPal website to indicate if they have received an item or not?

For example, nothing like ParcelMotel where they show a photo of the item received in their depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Apogee wrote: »
    First time using Address Pal.

Am I right in thinking that no information is provided on the AddressPal website to indicate if they have received an item or not?

For example, nothing like ParcelMotel where they show a photo of the item received in their depot?
    No information until it gets to your local post office when you should get a text to say its available for collection.
    I've used the AddressPal service a few times & it has worked well.
    However I use DPD Parcel Wizard which is far more efficient & the parcel gets delivered to your home address. DPD even have pick up [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]p[/font]oints all over the country where you can pick us your parcel in case you're out working all day & can't take delivery.
    Plus you get texts & emails at every step of the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

amdaley28 wrote: »
    No information until it gets to your local post office when you should get a text to say its available for collection.
    I've used the AddressPal service a few times & it has worked well.
    However I use DPD Parcel Wizard which is far more efficient & the parcel gets delivered to your home address. DPD even have pick up [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]p[/font]oints all over the country where you can pick us your parcel in case you're out working all day & can't take delivery.
    Plus you get texts & emails at every step of the process.

What value will DPD insure ?

Advertisement