Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Discodog wrote: »
    amdaley28 wrote: »
    No information until it gets to your local post office when you should get a text to say its available for collection.
    I've used the AddressPal service a few times & it has worked well.
    However I use DPD Parcel Wizard which is far more efficient & the parcel gets delivered to your home address. DPD even have pick up [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]p[/font]oints all over the country where you can pick us your parcel in case you're out working all day & can't take delivery.
    Plus you get texts & emails at every step of the process.

What value will DPD insure ?
    I really don't know for definite but I did find this.
    Any claim for damaged goods must be made in writing to parcelwizard@dpd.ie within 7 days of receipt of the goods. This will initiate the insurance claims process. The level of cover for each consignment is the cost of replacement goods or €100 per consignment, whichever is the least. DPD cannot be held liable for any consequential loss suffered as a result of damaged or lost goods. Please see our Trading Terms and Conditions for comprehensive details of cover. Parcels containing glass, china etc. are not covered by insurance and no insurance claim will be issued in respect of such goods. On occasion DPD may request inspection of damaged goods, and proof of purchase is required as supporting evidence to all claims. Please allow 21 working days for claims to be settled.
    I have never had any damage done to any of my packages but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Parcel Motel seem to be the best for items over €30. At least you can increase the insurance up to €1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Very dissatisfied with AddressPal. They received two parcels of an item for me but refused one of them, (twice sent from the retailer) so now I have one part and cannot get the other as they keep refusing it.
    What bothers me is they don't let you know that they just refused it and it can take days to find out where the issue is, even then you get no information as to why they didnt accept it
    The missing piece was large but should be under the size limits

Sticking with Parcel Motel and couriers from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Very dissatisfied with AddressPal. They received two parcels of an item for me but refused one of them, (twice sent from the retailer) so now I have one part and cannot get the other as they keep refusing it.
    What bothers me is they don't let you know that they just refused it and it can take days to find out where the issue is, even then you get no information as to why they didnt accept it

Out of interest did you get the retailer to measure the dimensions of the parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Yeh to be fair to parcel motel at least you know where you are with each item. Addresspal is a bit of a farce, for me they took in my item but no sign of it. Tracking leaves it with them on December 12th...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Address Pal did that to me twice (Both orders were made within a day of each other). They had it in my local post office all along. Just go in and ask for it, their notification system is beyond terrible. It is non existent.

Suckit wrote: »
    Address Pal did that to me twice (Both orders were made within a day of each other). They had it in my local post office all along. Just go in and ask for it, their notification system is beyond terrible. It is non existent.

My sister works in my local post office so she is always keeping an eye for it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My first refused delivery in St. Albans this morning.
    Amazon parcel.

'Delivery refused, recipient refused to sign for parcel, contact Amazon Logistics to make alternate arrangements, quoting reference xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

An Post have advertised this service significantly over the last few weeks- they seriously *need* to put some money into actually running it. I accept, parcels at 9AM in the morning on the 27th of December- are not entirely normal- however- if they aspire to run this service as a mail bounce logistics hub- they really have to do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

My first time to use them too - disappointed: message from Amazon:

"Amazon Logistics attempted to deliver your package but couldn't leave it unattended."

Of course customer service is not available. it's back to PM or DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

When a parcel arrives at your local post office the staff are supposed to scan it into the system.
    This sends you an automatic notification that its available for collection.
    The problems occur when the staff don't scan the parcel into their system.
    There is no excuse for this as each post office received an information package telling them exactly how to operate the system. Staff don't read the information packs they are sent.
    The system works but all the staff don't.
    As I've said in an earlier post I have used the system & it has worked. I was probably lucky that my parcels were handled by staff who knew how to operate the system. I use mostly DPD Parcel Wizard now as they deliver straight to my door with notifications at every step for similar cost.

• Advertisement

h2s wrote: »

"Amazon Logistics attempted to deliver your package but couldn't leave it unattended."

They are a sham. For all the advertising I see it really irks me. It's like a kick in the face for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

It is a bank holiday though, perhaps that is the reason?

Fiskar wrote: »
    It is a bank holiday though, perhaps that is the reason?

Yes- its a bankholiday in the UK- wasn't sure it was when I got the Amazon attempted delivery thingy. What the hell are Amazon up to? I pity the staff who work there........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

They are a sham. For all the advertising I see it really irks me. It's like a kick in the face for me!!

closed on a bank holiday? how dare they!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

h2s wrote: »

Think this should be down to Amazon to re-deliver. The address is a commercial premises and today (yesterday) was a bank holiday. If I was working in the unit next door and had ordered something before xmas and it was delivered Tues when the place was closed, Amazon wouldn't be long resending it at their expense. But think it's just a failure by the courier - they probably have tons to deliver to the AP depot and just think....Drop it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 georgeoconnell

Has anybody had any trouble putting their address pal address on amazon? I have tried several different formats but it just won't accept me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into AddressPal megathread

dudara

FanadMan wrote: »
    Think this should be down to Amazon to re-deliver. The address is a commercial premises and today (yesterday) was a bank holiday. If I was working in the unit next door and had ordered something before xmas and it was delivered Tues when the place was closed, Amazon wouldn't be long resending it at their expense. But think it's just a failure by the courier - they probably have tons to deliver to the AP depot and just think....Drop it off.

Redelivered without any issue the following day- signature on delivery 'An Post' (haha someone).
    Should be here Tue/Wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Has anybody had any trouble putting their address pal address on amazon? I have tried several different formats but it just won't accept me.

Yeah I am having the same problem if anyone can help it will be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 21,016 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Thanks I'll try that now, though it looks the same as I have been trying maybe I'm doing something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Seen an ad yesterday on the way to work, think it was in glasnevin, from addresspal. Goes something like "Shop in the UK" and then something like "delivery no problem with addresspal blahblah"

"Shop in the UK" was in really big bold letters.

It didnt say "Do you shop in the uk? if so then..." or "If youre shopping the uk then...", it was advertising for people to shop in the uk.

Are An Post are still owned by the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Seen an ad yesterday on the way to work, think it was in glasnevin, from addresspal. Goes something like "Shop in the UK" and then something like "delivery no problem with addresspal blahblah"

"Shop in the UK" was in really big bold letters.

It didnt say "Do you shop in the uk? if so then..." or "If youre shopping the uk then...", it was advertising for people to shop in the uk.

Are An Post are still owned by the state?

its a lot cheaper for alot of things to be bought from the uk through a parcel forwarding service and there are several companies, imo itd be worse if an post didnt try to get in on the action

• Registered Users Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] Goes something like "Shop in the UK" and then something like "delivery no problem with addresspal blahblah"

[...]

I guess it was a kind of a bilboard or poster, right?

That's one of the rules of good advertising - nobody would stop a car to read something like "If you're gonna shopping online in the UK, perhaps we'd kindly ask you to consider to get your shopping delivered to our addresspal service blahblahblah". Ad like that must be short enough to be read between two blinks of the eye. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

They must be on an advertising blitz at the minute - got address pal and an post moneycard ads in the mail today.

I have not used these since before Christmas.
    I have a couple of questions for anyone that has been using them:
    Is their notification system still non-existent or is it working now?
     and
    What are their delivery times like? I have something that will be delivered to them on Thursday, what are the chances of me getting it on Friday?

I know if I used PW I would have them, but unfortunately the items took the last of my cash from my debit card.

If they do not arrive by Friday, would they be here Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

What are their delivery times like? I have something that will be delivered to them on Thursday, what are the chances of me getting it on Friday?

If they do not arrive by Friday, would they be here Saturday?

I would say 0% chance of getting it next day or Saturday tbh. Try Parcel Connect. Its always been next day for me and pay cash at the shop.

Ah crap. Thanks.
    I did not have time to register with Parcel Connect, I only heard of them a few days ago.  I could not use PW.
    I hope they get here by Saturday at least. I will have to delete and ask to close my AP account if they do not. I do not want to be tempted to have to use them again if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Getting a good deal on a regular sized food processor on amazon it doesn't give dimensions of box....anyone get something of similar size delivered through Address pal ?

• Advertisement

I do not know for sure, but I think AP are more strict with their size and weight restrictions. I would try PW for that maybe.

Advertisement