Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Getting a good deal on a regular sized food processor on amazon it doesn't give dimensions of box....anyone get something of similar size delivered through Address pal ?

The boxes for those are massive in my experience, what with all the accessories and polistyren. I wouldn't chance AP unless it's still better value shipping while paying the oversized fee (25 e I think ?).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Suckit wrote: »
    I have not used these since before Christmas.
    I have a couple of questions for anyone that has been using them:
    Is their notification system still non-existent or is it working now?
     and
    What are their delivery times like? I have something that will be delivered to them on Thursday, what are the chances of me getting it on Friday?

I know if I used PW I would have them, but unfortunately the items took the last of my cash from my debit card.

If they do not arrive by Friday, would they be here Saturday?
    It arrived in AP depot on Thursday morning at 10:15AM.
    I still have no notification of any updates.
    This is probably the worst of the services I have used, in terms of speed and notifications.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

This is probably the worst of the services I have used, in terms of speed and notifications.

You won't get any notification until it's been delivered to your local PO, which can take (usually) 3-4 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

You won't get any updates or notifications till it's in your local post office...they only send you one notification and thats when it gets to PO

Yeah, another reason that makes it bad. All of the other services send you a text or email to let you know when they have received or scanned it.
    Then usually you get another notification that it is on the way.
    None of them have (excluding busy periods) taken 3-4 days. That is very slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Addresspal provides a decent service for €3.50. True, they are slow and only provide the notification when the goods are in the local PO, however if people have ordered large items such as food processors etc or require speedy delivery why dont they use PW or express couriers.
    I use addresspal if I'm not in a hurry for my purchases.
    For oversize or express service I use different services.
    Addresspal does what it says on the tin.

My items are small. I just had no idea AP was so slow. for the extra 35cents or 45cents i would have used PW or PM, i was just temporarily stuck but i should have used one of the others (i know now).
    I am guessing my parcel will arrive tomorrow, but i have no idea. In the first place i never thought it would take 3-4 days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Still working well for me. Ordered from ebay UK on the 2nd arrived at my PO on the 6th.

All my items have been small up to now...and I was never in a major rush to have items delivered...I chanced the food processor because I got a very good deal..it remains to be seen if I will need to pay any excess...for €3.50 it's good value but I feel a Notification when they receive item and a notification when it leaves St Albans is needed..quickest time for me was 3 days from ordering on amazon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

My local PO said large items are getting through with no surcharge

Which is the best for larger items - PW or PM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

My local PO said large items are getting through with no surcharge

Which is the best for larger items - PW or PM

Parcel Wizard. Parcel Motel is locker based so if its too big its too big. It just won't fit in. I've had oversized by Parcel Wizard and Parcel Connect before without issue.

My items not there today either.
    I really dislike this service.

In the first place i never thought it would take 3-4 days anyway.

AddressPal does advertise itself as a 3-4 working day service so you really should have expected that length. If it arrived on Thursday I'd expected it Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Your AddressPal item will usually be delivered to your selected Post Office within an estimated 3 to 4 working days of receipt to our UK Address

AddressPal does advertise itself as a 3-4 working day service so you really should have expected that length. If it arrived on Thursday I'd expected it Tuesday or Wednesday.
    This ...it's not meant to be next day delivery..order on Monday from uk seller you should have it before Friday...unrealistic to expect to have last Friday when addresspal only got it Thursday especially when only paying 3.50.
    The main reason I use addresspal is for companies who wouldn't take an address in Northern Ireland....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I have been using Address Pal since mid December and am happy with them so far. The lack of tracking information is annoying but everything I have ordered for delivery by them (including some late pre Christmas orders) has arrived reasonably quickly and without any issues.

harr wrote: »
    This ...it's not meant to be next day delivery..order on Monday from uk seller you should have it before Friday...unrealistic to expect to have last Friday when addresspal only got it Thursday especially when only paying 3.50.
    The main reason I use addresspal is for companies who wouldn't take an address in Northern Ireland....

Yeah it is my own fault for not seeing that it says 3-4 days. But I would still regard it as a poor service. 3-4 days is very slow. Also, as post offices are open on Saturdays i would count Saturday as one day, so would expect them here tomorrow at latest.
    As for it being unrealistic to expect it on Friday or Saturday when they received it on Thursday for only €3.50 - I disagree. When PM started they were €3.50 and able to do it. They have more expenses involved in their service. Parcel Wizard are only €3.85 and i would definitely have had it on the Friday or Saturday.
    If there was some delay, it would have been here today for sure.

So, maybe my own fault for not realising how slow they are, but it is definitely the slowest of the 4 (or more) companies that provide this service, which in my opinion makes it a poor service.

I also use mailboxde a lot, and my items take 3-4 days from Germany, even when i am not consolidating and get a small item sent for less than €10.

As for it being unrealistic to expect it on Friday when they received it on Thursday for only €3.50 - I disagree. When PM started they were €3.50 and able to do it.

Bringing a parcel down the M1 is a lot cheaper and quicker then bringing a parcel across the water.
    Parcel Wizard are only €3.85 and I would definitely have had it on the Friday or Saturday.

Not necessarily, I've had parcels take over a week by PW.

As for it being unrealistic to expect it on Friday when they received it on Thursday for only €3.50 - I disagree. When PM started they were €3.50 and able to do it.

Bringing a parcel down the M1 is a lot cheaper and quicker then bringing a parcel across the water.
    Parcel Wizard are only €3.85 and I would definitely have had it on the Friday or Saturday.

Not necessarily, I've had parcels take over a week by PW.
    I do not know or care if you work for them or why you have such a hard on trying to defend them, but 3-4 days is slow from the UK
    It may be cheaper to drive them down from the N.I., but they have the added expense of the lockers.
    An post network is already setup, i cannot imagine it cost them a whole lot to add this service as an extra.
    My comments here are to help anyone else that may be thinking of using this service (or any of the others) realise that they are slow, before they go ahead and use them without knowing that, like i did.

I do not know or care if you work for them or why you have such a hard on trying to defend them, but 3-4 days is slow from the UK

I don't work for them nor do I have a hard on. I'm just think its unfair to blame AddressPal for being slow when they are advertised as a 3-4 day service. You have also used AddressPal before so you really should have know their timeframe. At least you know now for future.

It may be cheaper to drive them down from the N.I., but they have the added expense of the lockers.
    An post network is already setup, i cannot imagine it cost them a whole lot to add this service as an extra.
    My comments here are to help anyone else that may be thinking of using this service (or any of the others) realise that they are slow, before they go ahead and use them without knowing that, like i did.
    Most people tend to read the terms and conditions and then decide if 3-4 days is acceptable for them...something you admitted you failed to do...why bitch and moan about the service when you made the mistake of not realising the amount of time it takes to get items delivered...

• Advertisement

Jesus...
    I'll rephrase it.

TO ANYONE USING THIS SERVICE. IT IS SLOW.
    3-4 DAYS SLOW. EXPECT IT. THEY SAY SO ON THEIR SITE. I DID NOT READ IT. YOU MAY NOT HAVE EITHER.
    PARCEL WIZARD,MOTEL OR CONNECT ARE ALL FASTER AS A GENERAL RULE AND AT MOST, ONLY 45CENTS MORE EXPENSIVE.
    CONSIDER THIS BEFORE YOU USE THIS SLOW SERVICE.

Jesus...
    I'll rephrase it.

TO ANYONE USING THIS SERVICE. IT IS SLOW.
    3-4 DAYS SLOW. EXPECT IT. THEY SAY SO ON THEIR SITE. I DID NOT READ IT. YOU MAY NOT HAVE EITHER.
    PARCEL WIZARD,MOTEL OR CONNECT ARE ALL FASTER AS A GENERAL RULE AND AT MOST, ONLY 45CENTS MORE EXPENSIVE.
    CONSIDER THIS BEFORE YOU USE THIS SLOW SERVICE.

Parcel Connect is €4.50, so €1 more expensive.

(Sorry couldn't help it)

I thought about it, but did not bother to check.

:pac: < < FORGET ABOUT PARCEL CONNECT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 soft ware

I ordered a product on Amazon UK last Thursday and it has arrived at my local post office this morning, that is three working days and I am completely satisfied with the service.

Not my issue thank god but friend purchased a laptop from buyer in uk on the 2nd of January delivered to addresspal on the 3rd ...I did try to tell him not use it for an expensive item 🙄 But he needed an English address as seller wouldn't post to Northern Ireland address...still no sign of laptop...dhl have given him prove it was definitely delivered to St Albans. Again like others here no traceability as to where his laptop currently is...he is getting worried at this stage..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Has he gone to his post office yet?

Has he gone to his post office yet?
    Yes..he has been checking and he knows the girl working there and she has told him she will ring him if it gets delivered..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So I finally used it again.

Ordered on Amazon on Sunday night (NI address was estimated to be delivered on Tuesday, AP on Monday).

Delivered to AP on Monday Morning.
    Ready at Post office on Wednesday Morning at 1010 (text and SMS received at that time)

So I got it the same day that I would have with PM/PW.

The only negative is that after I collected I still got a reminder to collect the parcel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

So I finally used it again.

Ordered on Amazon on Sunday night (NI address was estimated to be delivered on Tuesday, AP on Monday).

Delivered to AP on Monday Morning.
    Ready at Post office on Wednesday Morning at 1010 (text and SMS received at that time)

So I got it the same day that I would have with PM/PW.

The only negative is that after I collected I still got a reminder to collect the parcel.

Somethings wrong with the system because I got iirc 3 reminders.

• Advertisement

Same with me,getting multiple reminders...I ordered a food processor..it turned out it was over sized but it arrived in post office no problem...again I ordered a battery charger for phone and aftershave and all arrived ok..I know I am taking a chance ordering some stuff but all arrived fine..
    My mates laptop is still MIA 😬

Advertisement