Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MitziH

Be careful of AddressPal! I ordered an item for Christmas from Amazon. I got a tracking email from Amazon to say my item was delivered to the mail room at AddressPal Depot on 14th December at 13.58pm. No notification followed from An Post. After many, many phone calls and emails and much frustration I finally got an email today (36 days later) stating that the tracking email 'is not adequate proof of delivery as there is no signature attached. We have reason to believe that this item was not actually received'. Really? So that appears to be that! No Christmas present arrived and no refund from An Post. BEWARE - unless the item when delivered requires a signature there is no proof of delivery, despite a tracking confirmation from the sender. AWFUL service and even worse customer care. In addition, the most compensation paid by them is €40.00 regardless of price paid for item.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

:(

First time using Addresspal and it's a 4 expensive items.

Just got delivery confirmation from Amazon on most of the stuff so they've arrived at the UK address.

Both Parcel Motel and Addresspal should send a confirmation on arrival at the UK address for peace of mind for customers.

So stuff came through just now and collected from the Post Office (2 days after Amazon notified delivery).

I'm happy with that level of service. It would be so much better if they notified you and confirmed it had been accepted into their warehouse. If either Parcel motel or Addresspal did that it would be a definitive advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

I ordered something at the end of November and with many emails/calls/social media reach out no one ever got back to me. Finally went and filed a claim almost 3 weeks ago and I received a cheque yesterday saying they couldn't find my package with apologies. Obviously, I won't be dealing with them again (Parcel Wizard has been great & FAST), but I'm thankful to get my money back without hassle.

For those of you who need to claim, I sent in:

An Post Claim Form (M58)
    A cover letter w/ complaint
    Proof of delivery to addresspal
    proof of order/shipping address

Good luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jamerican wrote: »
    I ordered something at the end of November and with many emails/calls/social media reach out no one ever got back to me. Finally went and filed a claim almost 3 weeks ago and I received a cheque yesterday saying they couldn't find my package with apologies. Obviously, I won't be dealing with them again (Parcel Wizard has been great & FAST), but I'm thankful to get my money back without hassle.

For those of you who need to claim, I sent in:

An Post Claim Form (M58)
    A cover letter w/ complaint
    Proof of delivery to addresspal
    proof of order/shipping address

Good luck

What value was the item- and did An Post refund you in full- or were you limited to the 40 Euro they mention on the website?

Thanks for the list by the way- its good to have a roadmap on how to make a claim if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

What value was the item- and did An Post refund you in full- or were you limited to the 40 Euro they mention on the website?

My claim was under €40, thankfully. For those of you over that, you should still fight it. It's bull****, obviously someone is walking off with higher priced items. Mine was a laser printer I got a wicked deal for. Seems to be a lot of tech stuff going missing.

My claim was under €40, thankfully. For those of you over that, you should still fight it. It's bull****, obviously someone is walking off with higher priced items. Mine was a laser printer I got a wicked deal for. Seems to be a lot of tech stuff going missing.

I'm missing a 500Gb SSD that was on special. Amazon can show it was delivered- the 40 quid limit isn't going to cut it though- it cost over double that.......

It does sound like at least one of their staff over there in St. Albans has light fingers..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I'm missing a 500Gb SSD that was on special. Amazon can show it was delivered- the 40 quid limit isn't going to cut it though- it cost over double that.......

It does sound like at least one of their staff over there in St. Albans has light fingers..........
    The problem is it could be anyone with the light fingers...well anyone from St Albans all the way through The postal service...there is no tracking so once it leaves St Albans anyone could swipe it..my mates laptop never showed up..

Eek. I'm waiting for a camera to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Addresspal really need to stress the €40 liability limit.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Addresspal really need to stress the €40 liability limit.

I used them for £200 worth of parts for servicing the car yesterday (filters and a set of halogen bulbs)- the EUR40 limit for insurance is set at an artificially low level. The limit is definitely set at far too low a level.

I used them for £200 worth of parts for servicing the car yesterday (filters and a set of halogen bulbs)- the EUR40 limit for insurance is set at an artificially low level. The limit is definitely set at far too low a level.

AnPost's limits are generally too low. International registered is €150 which is nothing these days. At least Parcel Motel give you the option to increase it.

A €40 limit hardly inspires confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Ordered a laptop charger on eBay last Sunday.

In my post office Thursday morning.

Can't ask for more than that.

Also received my first bit of junk mail which I told them to send back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The €40 limit is maybe there because An Post are expecting a lot of light fingers and it saves them having to pay out large sums regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Should AddressPal not be held accountable for missing items, regardless of the '€40 limit'?

quad_red wrote: »
    Eek. I'm waiting for a camera to be delivered.

Camera was delivered to Addresspal on Thursday morning and still nothing. That's five days they've had it now. Although only third working day I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Camera was delivered to Addresspal on Thursday morning and still nothing. That's five days they've had it now. Although only third working day I suppose.
    I wouldn't worry just yet...give till the end of this week anyway..my longest was two weeks or 9 working days ( bank holiday) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maryoli

DO NOT USE ADDRESSPAL
    I ordered some memory foam for a dog bed and got an email advising that I would have to pay 25 euros as it was an 'oversized item'.

I cannot see the point of this service, you pay a little extra in postage to send from the UK, but it is a lot less hassle and I would never use this this 'service' again, as far as I am concerned, they have robbed me and I will not use it again.

maryoli wrote: »
    DO NOT USE ADDRESSPAL
    I ordered some memory foam for a dog bed and got an email advising that I would have to pay 25 euros as it was an 'oversized item'.

I cannot see the point of this service, you pay a little extra in postage to send from the UK, but it is a lot less hassle and I would never use this this 'service' again, as far as I am concerned, they have robbed me and I will not use it again.

I use it a lot & so far, no problems. The oversized condition is clear in the T&Cs. The point is that many suppliers won't deliver to Ireland & other charge a premium to do so. You need to pick & choose which service you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

maryoli wrote: »
    DO NOT USE ADDRESSPAL

Was your item over the size limits and therefore classed as oversized? Seems clearly indicated under their FAQ section of the website what would happen if an item was classed as oversized.

I've used addresspal numerous times and have yet to have an issue.

D.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/Home/FAQ#Q19

19. What are the size and weight limits for standard AddressPal
    Max Dimensions 72cm X 31cm X 25cm.
    Maximum weight, 20kg.
    An Post will contact you if your item exceeds the service dimensions.
    Oversized items will be charged at €25 per item and can be collected at your local Delivery Service Unit. You will be contacted by An Post, by phone in advance to notify you that your item is available for collection at the Delivery Service Unit.
    Oversized items maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres.
    Length + Girth: 3 metres.
    To calculate Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width).
    Items that exceed these dimensions will be refused at our UK Hub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Good experience today. Ordered some small items from an Amazon market place seller on the evening of the 26th of Jan and picked them up today on the first so less than a week (Thursday to Wednesday).

Notification was rubbish as usual. Item was in the post office at 9am and they didn't send out the email notification until well gone 10am so if the staff hadn't spotted it I'd have had to make a trip back into town.

Still would never risk this bunch of cowboys with any expensive item. €40 maximum compensation is just too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 heelpmee

DO NOT USE ADDRESSPAL

The terms of service clearly warn of this. It's inconvenient because you can never be sure how large the package will end up being. Sometimes Amazon pack small items in huge boxes, so you could end up paying 25 Euro for a giant cardboard box. But I haven't had that happen yet.

The reason it's useful is because there are sellers that charge upwards of £15 shipping to Ireland, even for small items, while offering cheap or free shipping within the UK. So you can get it delivered to Ireland for as little as 3.50 instead of £15 using addresspal. Some sellers don't deliver outside of the UK, so you can use it to get around that too. I also find it convenient because it saves me the hassle of dealing with couriers, I can just pick up my package when it suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 meigeal

I have been using Parcel Motel for a few years and have been fairly happy. Decided to try Address Pal to see how it works. First item delivered ok although a real nuaisance to be restricted to An Post opening hours and having to join a very long slow moving queue, as well as having to find free parking handy to it.

However, with my second parcel,which is from Amazon, I have received a notice from Amazon to say they can't deliver to the UK depot as there is nobody there to receive it and they are unwilling to leave it there unattended. This is serious and never happened with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

meigeal wrote: »
    I have been using Parcel Motel for a few years and have been fairly happy. Decided to try Address Pal to see how it works. First item delivered ok although a real nuaisance to be restricted to An Post opening hours and having to join a very long slow moving queue, as well as having to find free parking handy to it.

However, with my second parcel,which is from Amazon, I have received a notice from Amazon to say they can't deliver to the UK depot as there is nobody there to receive it and they are unwilling to leave it there unattended. This is serious and never happened with Parcel Motel.

thats amazons problem for trying to deliver on a sunday, have amazon make another attempt monday

Depp wrote: »
    thats amazons problem for trying to deliver on a sunday, have amazon make another attempt monday

We would praise Amazon if they made a home delivery on a Sunday. I think that this highlights a recurring problem that AnPost aren't providing an adequate service in the UK depot. The courier business is 24/7 . They should at very least have a system that scans each package & texts the customer to say that it has arrived at the depot.

Clearly the €40 limit suggests that they are happy if some packages go missing if the majority arrive ok. It highlights that you can't use Addresspal for anything important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

arghhh

I ordered two computer monitors from Amazon and they had an option for free shipping to me but stupidly tried this service just to see how it works out for the sake of €7. They now want €50 for delivery as they are oversized. I guess I just focused on the 20kg limit which I am nowhere near but the box dimensions 72cm X 31cm X 25cm are really quite small especially that Amazon will put a box inside a box for protection.

There is also no way that I can see that you can tell how big a box will be from Amazon so easy to get caught out on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ordered headphones from BT shop on 2nd feb and nothing yet so just checked Royal Mail Tracking to see this:

04-FEB-2017 06:47 DELIVERED - No Signature St Albans DO
    and elsewhere says 'Latest update: Delivered to your address or a neighbour'

Should I be concerned? Sounds like they left it sitting somewhere due to the early hour of the morning. Rang AP and they said it is 5-7 days so don't be concerned yet. Surely Royal mail have a duty to get a signature at delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Hi Quad Red - did you get it yet? How long have people waited for a delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

alekito wrote: »
    Hi Quad Red - did you get it yet? How long have people waited for a delivery?

the longest ive waited from delivery to getting the text was 5 days and that was because the sender forgot my code...usually its always 3 days on the dot

• Advertisement

Assuming there is a warehouse full of parcels surely that needs 24 hour security. So there should always be someone there.

Advertisement