Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

quad_red wrote: »
    Camera was delivered to Addresspal on Thursday morning and still nothing.
    If it has a battery it would be against their rules, but people have been reporting getting other restricted items through.

Not sure if anybody has been caught out yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

rubadub wrote: »
    If it has a battery it would be against their rules, but people have been reporting getting other restricted items through.

Just collected a bottle of 15 year old Glenfiddich.........
    I honestly don't think they give a hoot what you ship.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Depp wrote: »
    the sender forgot my code

AP seemed to have improved their process for parcels with no code - I got this email this morning:
    Dear AddressPal Customer,
    We have received an AddressPal Package without an AP Code. If you have ordered and item or you are expecting a delivery in the last few days, please respond to this email as below:
    Your AP Code:
    Item(s) ordered in order to confirm who has ordered as we have several persons with your name :
    The Supplier:
    If the response matches the order, your package will be dispatched to your local Post Office in Ireland within the next few days.
    If you have not ordered or expecting anything in the last week, please ignore the e-mail and we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Regards,
    AddressPal Customer Services Team

I sent back the details of the parcel I was expecting, and got a reply an hour later - "its on the way to your local PO".

I can only assume all the Spockers in their list got the email, but I'd rather get the email to ignore, rather than not knowing if they received the parcel or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I got spare camera battery's, power banks, after shave , vodka and a number of over sized deliveries with no problems...I probably am pushing my luck and will more than likely get stung soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Spocker wrote: »
    I can only assume all the Spockers in their list got the email,
    I know you are joking, but if Spockers was on their list it would be easily picked out.

I was suggesting to invent an unusual middle name, or maybe a surname which will stand out. Like John Zeus Murphy, or John Murphy Spockers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I know you are joking, but if Spockers was on their list it would be easily picked out.

I was suggesting to invent an unusual middle name, or maybe a surname which will stand out. Like John Zeus Murphy, or John Murphy Spockers.

I guess that might depend on how sticky the local PO are when requesting ID to match the name on the parcel, but I like the idea of the unusual middle name

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just collected a bottle of 15 year old Glenfiddich.........
    I honestly don't think they give a hoot what you ship.

WOW. I've heard they can take a while to deliver sometimes but 15 years is surely taking the p1ss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Spocker wrote: »
    AP seemed to have improved their process for parcels with no code - I got this email this morning:

I sent back the details of the parcel I was expecting, and got a reply an hour later - "its on the way to your local PO".

I can only assume all the Spockers in their list got the email, but I'd rather get the email to ignore, rather than not knowing if they received the parcel or not

got a similar email recently actually, wasnt for me though so i assume they just send it to everyone in the database with that name alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Anybody know if Saturday is counted as a working day so far as AddressPal is concerned? My local post office is open from 9am to 1 pm on Saturdays but its not clear from APs FAQ if that is considered as a working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anybody know if Saturday is counted as a working day so far as AddressPal is concerned? My local post office is open from 9am to 1 pm on Saturdays but its not clear from APs FAQ if that is considered as a working day.

Not in more rural towns anyhow.
    Last day Ap stuff would be dropped to post offices is Friday morning so if it not there Friday,it won't be there Saturday.
    Haven't a clue about the cities.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

blade1 wrote: »
    Not in more rural towns anyhow.
    Last day Ap stuff would be dropped to post offices is Friday morning so if it not there Friday,it won't be there Saturday.
    Haven't a clue about the cities.

Thanks for reply. I know there are no AP deliveries to post offices on Saturdays, but I was really enquiring as to whether Saturday is considered as one of the five working days an AP parcel is held before being returned to the sender. So, for example, if an AP parcel arrives at a post office on a Wednesday, would the last collection day for the parcel be the following Monday (counting Saturday as a working day) or the following Tuesday? I imagine that it would be the Tuesday but I am not sure one way or the other.

Thanks for reply. I know there are no AP deliveries to post offices on Saturdays, but I was really enquiring as to whether Saturday is considered as one of the five working days an AP parcel is held before being returned to the sender. So, for example, if an AP parcel arrives at a post office on a Wednesday, would the last collection day for the parcel be the following Monday (counting Saturday as a working day) or the following Tuesday? I imagine that it would be the Tuesday but I am not sure one way or the other.

Ah right, I'm almost certain it is not counted as a working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweetie wrote: »
    Ordered headphones from BT shop on 2nd feb and nothing yet so just checked Royal Mail Tracking to see this:

04-FEB-2017 06:47 DELIVERED - No Signature St Albans DO
    and elsewhere says 'Latest update: Delivered to your address or a neighbour'

Should I be concerned? Sounds like they left it sitting somewhere due to the early hour of the morning. Rang AP and they said it is 5-7 days so don't be concerned yet. Surely Royal mail have a duty to get a signature at delivery!

just got my text and email, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭evais

I have used AddressPal a number of times now with no problems. I am wondering has anyone purchased skin care, specifically facial oils and creams and had them delivered successfully? If I'm correct these are considered restricted items. Are an post strict on checking for these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

evais wrote: »
    I have used AddressPal a number of times now with no problems. I am wondering has anyone purchased skin care, specifically facial oils and creams and had them delivered successfully? If I'm correct these are considered restricted items. Are an post strict on checking for these things?

Lots of people in this thread....me included, have successfully ordered and received restricted items. Would say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Tracking info from Amazon. This inspires confidence

"Parcel was left in mail room to Adpal
    St Albans, GB"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Eoghan25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Eoghan25 wrote: »

I've used AddressPal a few times now and I'm happy with the service but its a service for getting cheap items over from the UK not expensive ones.

No way would I risk a 300 quid large item with these guys. If they damage it or loose it then the most you can claim back is €40.

Then there's the fact its well outside the size limits so you'll get an extra charge of €25 or AddressPal might not even accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

Discodog wrote: »
    Tracking info from Amazon. This inspires confidence

"Parcel was left in mail room to Adpal
    St Albans, GB"

:rolleyes:

One of my deliveries is showing the same... left in the mail room. Have contacted AddressPal.
    Did you end up receiving yours?
    I haven't heard great things about Amazon's own-brand logistics company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

One of my deliveries is showing the same... left in the mail room. Have contacted AddressPal.
    Did you end up receiving yours?
    I haven't heard great things about Amazon's own-brand logistics company.

All my Amazon Logistics parcels are updated as or something similar for PM, PC, PW and AddressPal deliveries. I wouldn't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

To all you people, like me, who are terribly eager to get their hands on their precious packages: I was driving passed my designated post office and said I'd pop in and ask them if my package arrived even though I did not receive the notification email or text. It arrived at St. Alban's on Wednesday and I popped into the post office at 01:30pm the next Friday (so 2 working days). I was very excited to find that the package was there waiting for me. So it's probably worth a try asking if you need things in a hurry. FYI

First time I used Addresspal and I was very happy.

EDIT: I got the notification just over an hour after I collected so you are probably better off waiting for the notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bfa1509 wrote: »

EDIT: I got the notification just over an hour after I collected so you are probably better off waiting for the notice.
    You are not better off waiting for the notice.
    Their notification system is notoriously faulty. If you read back over the thread, you could be waiting two weeks for notification, but the parcel may have been there after two days.
    (Not a go at you bfa, i am just letting others know that the first part of your post is correct, but not the finale :)) .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Suckit wrote: »
    Their notification system is notoriously faulty. If you read back over the thread, you could be waiting two weeks for notification, but the parcel may have been there after two days.
    (Not a go at you bfa, i am just letting others know that the first part of your post is correct, but not the finale :)) .

The notification depends on the post office, where you collect your items, scanning it. So for me it's usually around 11am after the postmistress has dealt with the counter items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just wondering whats the chance of me being caught for an oversized item if i were to buy a drill in the uk
    Previous to this i have only used it for small items but i came across this drill at a good price
    It doesnt have a case with it so im unsure how big the packaging would be on it

crasy dash wrote: »
    Just wondering whats the chance of me being caught for an oversized item if i were to buy a drill in the uk
    Previous to this i have only used it for small items but i came across this drill at a good price
    50/50 I'd say.
    I'd be asking the sender for dimensions first for something like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Suckit wrote: »

Good to know! I hate waiting for things especially if I need something to come before I go on holidays or something. Thx!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Its hard to beat Parcel Motel at least you can collect any time day or night instead of queueing up with people buying stamps and collecting social welfare payouts etc. They notify you promptly and can accomodate most size parcels extra long items you pay a little more

Its hard to beat Parcel Motel at least you can collect any time day or night instead of queueing up with people buying stamps and collecting social welfare payouts etc. They notify you promptly and can accomodate most size parcels extra long items you pay a little more
    It's quite easy to beat if like me,you don't have a Parcel Motel near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Point taken but I think they offer to deliver to your door for a small extra fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

crasy dash wrote: »
    I chanced a food processor a few weeks ago..and I got it no problem,was definitely over sized ..
    I was willing to pay the extra charges as I got it at a good price..I would say go for it.

Advertisement