Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I was told by the local p.o. that larger packages get through

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I got stung twice for over-sized parcels via AP.
    Not AP's fault - in both cases the senders had used ridiculously over-sized boxes to put the items in.
    Left me fuming at them (not AP), but some of it spilled over.
    For sure, if I'd known the sizes of the boxes, I'd have had them sent vai Parcel Connect and they could have delivered them to my door for less cost.
    My bone of contention with AP regarding oversized parcels is this - if they are going to stiff me for €25, I damn sure want the parcel brought to me, and not have to traipse 15 miles to go and collect it from my nearest sorting office. Stuff that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I was told by the local p.o. that larger packages get through

May depend on the PO? In the one I use they don't have much space and just one over sized package would sit their behind the counter like a sore thumb.

In fact the way they have all the AddressPal stuff dumped in a pile on the floor isn't a great advert for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

my3cents wrote: »
    May depend on the PO? In the one I use they don't have much space and just one over sized package would sit their behind the counter like a sore thumb.

In fact the way they have all the AddressPal stuff dumped in a pile on the floor isn't a great advert for the service.

Has nothing to do with the P.O.
    The oversized items arrive there with €25 sticker on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Can anyone tell me similar to parcel motel or address pal (already tried parcel wizard ) I'm looking to buy a double oven from currys that is £299 in the uk with free delivery but €519 from Irish store .Have priced with parcel motel & looks like it'll be €70(I know €70 is not bad just wondering if I'll get it any cheaper as its delivery only no collection from currys )
    Just wondering if any other places I could look into that offer the same service .Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

shardylan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me similar to parcel motel or address pal (already tried parcel wizard ) I'm looking to buy a double oven from currys that is £299 in the uk with free delivery but €519 from Irish store .Have priced with parcel motel & looks like it'll be €70(I know €70 is not bad just wondering if I'll get it any cheaper as its delivery only no collection from currys )
    Just wondering if any other places I could look into that offer the same service .Thanks
    not sure of location but any chance it would work out cheaper just to drive to NI and buy it and transport yourself from currys there? since 70e for oven seems quite good price,considering dimensions weight if you can get it delivered to door,otherwise,closest seems newry which depending where you live and have means isnt that far,id say as best saving you could get.

shardylan wrote: »

Far too big for AddressPal tbh a double oven is a pallet freight size item and a pallet load is about €70 to ship.

scamalert wrote: »
    not sure of location but any chance it would work out cheaper just to drive to NI and buy it and transport yourself from currys there? since 70e for oven seems quite good price,considering dimensions weight if you can get it delivered to door,otherwise,closest seems newry which depending where you live and have means isnt that far,id say as best saving you could get.

I don't mind driving up its just not available for collection only delivery .I agree it's a good price I just wondered if I had other options to look into .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

yeah forgot the part for large items that its home delivery only.
    so total saving would be about 100e after conversion and delivery.

scamalert wrote: »
    yeah forgot the part for large items that its home delivery only.
    so total saving would be about 100e after conversion and delivery.

Yeh still €100 is great saving I just wondered if I was limited to parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Item delivered to St.Albans on thursday, at my post office today monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Have had 4 packages delivered in the last month, flawless every time. They seem to be hitting their stride now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Hmm... not too sure; they seem to have lost track of one of mine.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Thinking of buying a CCTV system with 4 cameras with DVR + harddrive from Amazon.It will come with all the cabling too. Would addresspal be good for delivering this. Or should I use another company. I'm a bit worried after reading through the forums here so don't know who to use. Thanks.

hadepsx wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a CCTV system with 4 cameras with DVR + harddrive from Amazon.It will come with all the cabling too. Would addresspal be good for delivering this. Or should I use another company. I'm a bit worried after reading through the forums here so don't know who to use. Thanks.
    AP only offer coverage of up to €40 for lost items. It hasn't happened to me, but honestly I'd use Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard for anything more expensive than that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thinking of buying a CCTV system with 4 cameras with DVR + harddrive from Amazon.
    Is this a restricted UK mainland only item? you realise amazon have free delivery to ireland if over £25?

Or maybe its a 3rd party.

rubadub wrote: »
    Is this a restricted UK mainland only item? you realise amazon have free delivery to ireland if over £25?

Or maybe its a 3rd party.

Seller states they don't deliver to Ireland. So it's why I need to use the addresspal UK address. Any other system that delivers to us that I have looked at are waaaaaay more expensive than this one.

Virtanen wrote: »
    AP only offer coverage of up to €40 for lost items. It hasn't happened to me, but honestly I'd use Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard for anything more expensive than that

So if it doesn't get delivered can I not use PayPal for a refund?? Also if I used the other companies you mention and the item gets lost, can I claim for a full refund from them?

So if it doesn't get delivered can I not use PayPal for a refund?? Also if I used the other companies you mention and the item gets lost, can I claim for a full refund from them?

No because its been delivered and signed for at the address you asked it to be delivered to.

Also if I used the other companies you mention and the item gets lost, can I claim for a full refund from them?
    Yes, both have a maximum payout of €100 as standard, and Parcel Motel's can be extended up to €1500 if you pay extra

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the information guys. I'm a bit new to using these services, if you haven't guessed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

my3cents wrote: »
    No because its been delivered and signed for at the address you asked it to be delivered to.

interesting that. i agree with he answer, but I wonder can you raise a dispute with your credit card company. they normally are good with stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Totally off topic for AddressPal, but Aldi were due to have a similar system on special this week, think it was today actually. According to the website it's now been delayed to an unspecified future date. Just in case it's of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Is AP the only service of its kind using a mainland UK address? Item I'm looking to buy is likely to be over size limits so looking for alternatives instead of €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is AP the only service of its kind using a mainland UK address? Item I'm looking to buy is likely to be over size limits so looking for alternatives instead of €25.
    Afaik yep, AP is the only Irish based one on mainland UK.
    But depending on how oversized the item is then the price can go up very high.
    You could price compare against other services e.g.
    https://www.forward2me.com/
    https://www.ukpostbox.com/
    https://www.myukmailbox.com/

Or look at courier prices. UPS, Fedex etc. might be cheaper.

Parcel Wizard by DPD will deliver to your house for €3.85.
    As far as I know they have a 30kg limit(I think).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

AnPost looking to the US
    "We now have 100,000 registered customers.
    Our 2017 plans include the launch of AddressPal from the United States and a home delivery option for all AddressPal shopping."

http://www.adworld.ie/2016/12/02/addresspal-delivers-success-post/

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flintash

main question is with duty. Either way, customs will have loads of work if this go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

But the UK might negotiate a better deal with the US. It might pay to have US items sent to AP UK & then forwarded here.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    But the UK might negotiate a better deal with the US. It might pay to have US items sent to AP UK & then forwarded here.

May as well just go US to Ireland then as it'll probably cost the same.

Advertisement