Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Parcel delivered early this morning to my St Albans Address Pal, any chance this will make it to me before next Tuesday considering Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday?

You may have it on Thursday- however, if you don't- with the two holidays and the weekend- next Wednesday would be the probable delivery...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Cheers thanks. I'm in no rush just impatient :)
    You may have it on Thursday- however, if you don't- with the two holidays and the weekend- next Wednesday would be the probable delivery...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭lukin

ei9go wrote: »
    Too big, you could end up with a 25 euro charge to collect it.

It isn't too big. It weighs 3.5 lbs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

lukin wrote: »
    It isn't too big. It weighs 3.5 lbs.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/Home/FAQ#Q19

Read those dimension limits, probably is going to be too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Seen a wee note on An Post Address Pal that prices will increase to €3.75 from April 13th. Boom times must be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Parcel delivered early this morning to my St Albans Address Pal, any chance this will make it to me before next Tuesday considering Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday?

I had three seperate parcels all signed for in St Albans on Friday last and haven't heard a peep yet.

Jaysus that's mad!
    I had three seperate parcels all signed for in St Albans on Friday last and haven't heard a peep yet.

Jaysus that's mad!

How so- its only Wednesday- I'd expect them today or tomorrow.
    It really depends on whether a load has just left St. Albans, or whether you're just in time for a load to leave- sometimes you get lucky, other times, not. If it was signed for on Friday- realistically you've had 2 full working days thus far (they don't work weekends in St. Albans)- so its reasonable enough that its not here just yet......?

Fiskar wrote: »
    Seen a wee note on An Post Address Pal that prices will increase to €3.75 from April 13th. Boom times must be back.

25p increase?
    For the sake of change- they probably should have rounded up to 4 Euro.
    Anyone using the service isn't going to be terribly pushed at a 50p increase- however, 3.75 is annoying from the perspective of getting change etc.

Thanks for the headsup though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

25p increase?
    For the sake of change- they probably should have rounded up to 4 Euro.
    Anyone using the service isn't going to be terribly pushed at a 50p increase- however, 3.75 is annoying from the perspective of getting change etc.

Thanks for the headsup though!

Strangely enough a price increase to €4 would put me off, because my perception of the service is that its a best effort system suited only for lower cost items. When you are using the service for items under £20 the cost of delivery becomes a larger factor in the overall price.

• Advertisement

Jaysus that's mad!

Text this morning at 10am for two of them anyway... hopefully the third one comes tomorrow as it's a new phone and don't want to be phoneless for the weekend.

/firstworldproblems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Fiskar wrote: »

An Post are great lads for putting up their prices - regular as clockwork and always upwards.

Funny how the government like to lecture private industry from time to time regarding price hikes.

They're pretty expert at it themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

my3cents wrote: »
    Strangely enough a price increase to €4 would put me off, because my perception of the service is that its a best effort system suited only for lower cost items. When you are using the service for items under £20 the cost of delivery becomes a larger factor in the overall price.

Same here, if they hike the price to 4€ than I may start thinking twice about PM. I'm lazy but there's a price attached to it as well :)
    Now would be a good chance for PM get some love back, and lower their price to 3.50 :)

Just picked two of the parcels there and one of them only had the first four digits of the AddressPal number. Well, they actually had six but drew a line through the last two.

The second one had the number but they spelled my name wrong. Thankfully the first person didn't do that as I doubt they would have been able to trace me without my surname or AddressPal number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Just got an email from Address Pal informing me that as and from tomorrow the cost is going up to €3.75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Just got an email from Address Pal informing me that as and from tomorrow the cost is going up to €3.75

Me too! 25% seems a huge hike!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Me too! 25% seems a huge hike!

It's 25 cent not 25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Me too (along with every other customer, I suppose). I have two to be collected (and probably a third) by tomorrow, so I hope the system recognises they were handled under the old rate.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

MayoForSam wrote: »
    It's 25 cent not 25%.

Cheers....thought it jumped from €3.00 - €3.75 - not so huge after all!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Me too (along with every other customer, I suppose). I have two to be collected (and probably a third) by tomorrow, so I hope the system recognises they were handled under the old rate.

It won't it's the new price you will have to pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

McLoughlin wrote: »

Really? That's a bit rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Very poor form if they really are charging the higher rate to those who used the service on the basis of the original price. I would have expected them to honour the original one.

It is only 25cent, but its the principle of the thing, what if the increase had been a fiver, or for the sake of argument a hundred euro more.

McLoughlin wrote: »

Well, it's hardly going to break the bank, but the first official notice I had about this was the earlier email, giving very little notice. It may have been on their site, but who goes there?
    Just another shambles of the IT mindset behind the absurdly long customer number and the swinging increase to a €25 'handling' fee - which seems to have been driven by another arm of An Post, the parcel one, wanting a slice of the action.

Mine is at the post office today after arriving in UK on Tuesday, hope yours has arrived.

rubadub wrote: »
    Very poor form if they really are charging the higher rate to those who used the service on the basis of the original price. I would have expected them to honour the original one.

It is only 25cent, but its the principle of the thing, what if the increase had been a fiver, or for the sake of argument a hundred euro more.

In all fairness- its 25c increase from 3.50 to 3.75- its a 7% increase in price.
    I can't see it being a deal breaker for the vast majority of people.
    Most of us use Address Pal rather than Parcel Motel- because we prefer the service- not because of the price.

Collected mine today. I don't mind the increase, it must be successful if they are increasing it.

I would say though, my item was delivered to St Albans before the notification of an increase so they should have delayed the increase for items delivered to them before the increase.

I collected four parcels today, all of which were in the system before the increase. I got stung for an extra quid.
    That quid would have been better spent on coke and hookers. I'll just have to economise on the caviar and champers, damnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I collected four parcels today, all of which were in the system before the increase. I got stung for an extra quid.
    That quid would have been better spent on coke and hookers. I'll just have to economise on the caviar and champers, damnit.

Do AP deliver these as well? :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

FanadMan wrote: »
    Do AP deliver these as well? :D:pac:

Provided you stay within the size and weight limits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Do AddressPal deliver stuff from outside the UK ? Aliexpress seller doesn't ship here, but is this a way around it ?

Advertisement