Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

trixiebust wrote: »
    Do AddressPal deliver stuff from outside the UK ? Aliexpress seller doesn't ship here, but is this a way around it ?
    Well I have used it for a company in the Netherlands who for some reason didn't deliver to Ireland but delivered to the uk ,it wasn't a problem and I received it no issues,

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

trixiebust wrote: »
    Do AddressPal deliver stuff from outside the UK ? Aliexpress seller doesn't ship here, but is this a way around it ?
    If it's a smallish item that won't attract duty, you'd be ok. I doubt that AnPost will be keen on paying that. If they did, of course they'd look at getting it from you, but I'd not be surprised if they have in their Ts&Cs that they won't handle inward dutiable parcels on your behalf.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Mine is at the post office today after arriving in UK on Tuesday, hope yours has arrived.

The last of the three packets showed up on Thursday with the following sticker attached:

ANP1.jpg

An Post assuming of course that I didn't inform the seller of the AddressPal number.

The Ebay seller in this case did exactly what the one that sent my first parcel did and that was that they began to write the number, then gave up, and drew a line through the few digits that they had written.

anp2.jpg

I'm just glad they got my name right as otherwise AP wouldn't have been able to locate me. Although I do note that the date on the sticker was the 10th and I wasn't notified until the 13th... but we'll let that slide.

My first time using AP an all in all not that bad of an experience I guess but it has reinforced my belief that the needlessly long AP number is their weakest link and is bound to cause them further headaches that they may not deserve given that the service itself is quite reliable otherwise.

it has reinforced my belief that the needlessly long AP number is their weakest link and is bound to cause them further headaches that they may not deserve given that the service itself is quite reliable otherwise.

It's what we've been saying from the beginning, but AP ain't listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Probably a silly question, changed my post office and gave my new address to a seller straight away. There won't be any shipping issues with it being straight away will there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Probably a silly question, changed my post office and gave my new address to a seller straight away. There won't be any shipping issues with it being straight away will there?

Think you need to contact AP - your code is dependant on the post office you get delivered to.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Think you need to contact AP - your code is dependant on the post office you get delivered to.

I gave them the new code

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Apologies if this has been asked numerous times already. I'm buying a watch on Amazon but with delivery it states it needs to be signed for. Will this be an issue with address pal? Only signed up for address pal today and this is my first order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

No need to worry they will sign it for you when they get it.

nava wrote:
    No need to worry they will sign it for you when they get it.

Thanks for the reply, Glad to hear it wouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement

FanadMan wrote: »
    I changed my AddressPal Post Office and then used the brand new code as part of my address. There shouldn't be any teething issues should there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I changed my AddressPal Post Office and then used the brand new code as part of my address. There shouldn't be any teething issues should there?

You're sorted! As long as you and the seller have the new details you'll be ok. You'll probably get the updated card in a few days but if you are like me and know the PO staff, you'll get your package without it.....or any ID :D

Just wish AP would make the code a bit easier to use and remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

You will get a new card because the 4 digit number is your post office identifier and that will be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Quick question
    Purchased an item from seller on Amazon the delivery needed a signature at st.albans..Seller was contacted by his courier saying no one available to sign for package even though it was during business hours...luckily courier is trying again tomorrow..first time this has happened..would it be just the courier not bothered waiting around for someone to sign..seller was told it was just an unmanned mailroom ...that can't be right ?

harr wrote:
    Quick question Purchased an item from seller on Amazon the delivery needed a signature at st.albans..Seller was contacted by his courier saying no one available to sign for package even though it was during business hours...luckily courier is trying again tomorrow..first time this has happened..would it be just the courier not bothered waiting around for someone to sign..seller was told it was just an unmanned mailroom ...that can't be right ?

Strange... I had something delivered on Friday that needed a signature from Amazon and it seems to have been delivered fine according to Amazon. Won't know for a few days alls ok until it get here tho

I haven't used this service in ages. My parcel was delivered this morning....any rough idea of how long until I get a text message?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I haven't used this service in ages. My parcel was delivered this morning....any rough idea of how long until I get a text message?

I had a parcel (an Amazon parcel) delivered on Friday- and it arrived here yesterday- aka it got here over the weekend. Normally I'd have expected it to take a day or two longer- but they're getting better.........

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TheAdammaka

Small Amazon package delivered to st Albans last monday. Addresspal have no record of it.

Have had 50+ parcels sent through addresspal looks like this is the first casualty. Rip 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Masala

Small Amazon package delivered to st Albans last monday. Addresspal have no record of it.

Have had 50+ parcels sent through addresspal looks like this is the first casualty. Rip 50 euro.

Just picked up a package at local PO. NO ap number put on package despite telling seller to put it on....

Luckily someone in Luton must have looked it up for me.....

It's the long number tha is killing us...... sellers couldn't be arsed!!

The PO will have to look at shortening it.

Am gonna revert to PM for anything over €25 anymore as I am losing confidence in the PO

I had a parcel (an Amazon parcel) delivered on Friday- and it arrived here yesterday- aka it got here over the weekend. Normally I'd have expected it to take a day or two longer- but they're getting better.........

You have me worried now. Order got delivered on Friday and I've yet to get an email/text to say it's arrived in my local PO :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    You have me worried now. Order got delivered on Friday and I've yet to get an email/text to say it's arrived in my local PO :(

Relax, probably be today or tomorrow.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

You'd think they'd have a process similar to PM, where you can track the parcel once in their care not until it's ready. Seems odd.

blade1 wrote:
    Relax, probably be today or tomorrow.

Got the email and text today :) worry over

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Just registered for this. I'm concerned about oversize items, has anyone got stuck with one?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Mezamo wrote: »
    Just registered for this. I'm concerned about oversize items, has anyone got stuck with one?

Cheers.

Be careful with weight. If it is over 20kg it will not be accepted, no matter what the size. Its not very clear on the website

Mezamo wrote: »

Cheers.

Yes, twice. Both times the sender used a ridiculously over-sized box and I got raped for €25 each. To add insult to injury, AP insist on it being collected from the nearest parcel depot, some 12 miles away.
    The way I see it, if I'm being stung by their ludicrous charge for something over which I have no control, the least the ba6stards can do is deliver it to my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭lukin

lukin wrote: »
    It isn't too big. It weighs 3.5 lbs.

Collected the vacuum yesterday. Only cost ?3.50 on top of what I paid on the site:http://www.shop-at-ease.net/royalesenior.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

I've read the website and some of this thread but I'm still clueless.

How would one return unsuitable items to Amazon?

Printing a return label gives you a UK PPI, so pay the An Post postage to UK?

Collected it today....not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

9or10 wrote: »
    I've read the website and some of this thread but I'm still clueless.

How would one return unsuitable items to Amazon?

Printing a return label gives you a UK PPI, so pay the An Post postage to UK?

Contact Amazon- they can give you an Irish return label with an Irish address on it (think its somewhere in Newcastle Co. Dublin).

Advertisement