Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Contact Amazon- they can give you an Irish return label with an Irish address on it (think its somewhere in Newcastle Co. Dublin).

Thanks Conductor - I'll give that a go next time.

Couple of months back I ordered a pair of hiking trousers - cheap as chips - but you soon saw why.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Just got my addresspal uk Address.

The post code does not seem to auto fill my amazon new address form, and I am slightly confused about "county" and "town/city" terms

Does anyone know how to correctly fill out the amazon address, it tried to autocorrect my version by leaving out the AP **number** part for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

jogdish wrote: »

The post code does not seem to auto fill my amazon new address form, and I am slightly confused about "county" and "town/city" terms

Does anyone know how to correctly fill out the amazon address, it tried to autocorrect my version by leaving out the AP **number** part for me.

Here's the layout of my Amazon address...

• Dan Jaman AP 99P 1234 1234 123

• Air Business Unit 5, The Merlin Centre
    • Acrewood Way
    • St Albans, Hertfordshire AL4 0JY
    • United Kingdom
    • Phone number: 00353 86 123 1234
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

jogdish wrote: »

This is the way I have it and so far it works:

Mr Jxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
    AP 12A 0xxx xxxxxxxx
    Air Business, Unit 5, The Merlin Centre
    Acrewood Way, St Albans AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom
    Phone number: +3538

It's mostly about squashing as much into each line that is legible but not confusing lol. The AP code is stupidly long and unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Hey Guys,

Trying to order a small item from Amazon UK, but wont deliver to IE or up north Parcel Motel etc.

Anyone suggest any that allow me to use an English address as my delivery forwarding address?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Addresspal from An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with AddressPal thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Just an update and I am not going to make the mistake of giving a start date because An Post rarely meet these dates.

Supposed to be starting sometime in May but we'll wait and see.

Called "ReturnPal" and basically it will allow you to return online orders but will include collection from your house.

We'll see how that works out.

There will also be an update to the Addresspal service which will allow you to select home delivery.

Also coming is delivery to something called "Safeplace".

This is your garden shed or green bin or wherever you can tell the postman if he phones you when you are not at home.

Also, the intention, I am told is to redeliver Amazon items between 5pm and 8pm in the evening for people who were out in the morning and to deliver Amazon items on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ei9go wrote: »
    Just an update and I am not going to make the mistake of giving a start date because An Post rarely meet these dates.

Called "ReturnPal" and basically it will allow you to return online orders but will include collection from your house.

There will also be an update to the Addresspal service which will allow you to select home delivery.

This is your garden shed or green bin or wherever you can tell the postman if he phones you when you are not at home.

Also, the intention, I am told is to redeliver Amazon items between 5pm and 8pm in the evening for people who were out in the morning and to deliver Amazon items on Saturdays.

It sounds like an extension to the service they already have ReturnMyShopping, now only available for some stores some even with free postage if dropping to post Office.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

nava wrote: »
    It sounds like an extension to the service they already have ReturnMyShopping, now only available for some stores some even with free postage if dropping to post Office.

Could be handy though if they also allow returns to the UK returns services, Collect Plus, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bk wrote: »
    Could be handy though if they also allow returns to the UK returns services, Collect Plus, etc.

That would entail An Post registering the St. Albans address as a collection point- and employing someone to manage the logistics. Its pretty much impossible to get anyone there to sign for anything (at all) at the moment- so unless they invest in resources and change how they run St. Albans- I think we're all in further disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Unions not going nuts over that?

ED E wrote: »
    Unions not going nuts over that?

Extra overtime- whats to go nuts over?

Extra overtime- whats to go nuts over?

If its at OT rates then retailers are even more likely to use Nightfail or Fastwats.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

That would entail An Post registering the St. Albans address as a collection point- and employing someone to manage the logistics. Its pretty much impossible to get anyone there to sign for anything (at all) at the moment- so unless they invest in resources and change how they run St. Albans- I think we're all in further disappointment.

ParcelMotel does it, so no reason An Post couldn't. But you are right, their services are disappointing over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

That would be amazing and exactly the type of service they need to be considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Do you always get a notification when a package arrives at St Albans. If so is it via email/sms or can you check on their website. Cheers.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Do you always get a notification when a package arrives at St Albans. If so is it via email/sms or can you check on their website. Cheers.

No- not unless the package you're having delivered here has tracking on it (in which case your tracking ends once it reaches St. Albans). There are no notiifcations from An Post- until the package/parcel is ready for collection from your post office- at which point you get both an SMS and an e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

No- not unless the package you're having delivered here has tracking on it (in which case your tracking ends once it reaches St. Albans). There are no notiifcations from An Post- until the package/parcel is ready for collection from your post office- at which point you get both an SMS and an e-mail.
    That's brilliant, thank you very much for the info.

And only if the post office staff remember to scan it into the system. Otherwise it could end up sitting in the post office for days as has happened with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

My postman seemed to know all about this when I spoke to him today.

Amazon delivery between 5pm and 8pm and Saturday is only going for residential routes. Rural routes will have the same service with no changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Zaptap

How long does it usually take to get from St Albans to the post office ?

Zaptap wrote: »
    How long does it usually take to get from St Albans to the post office ?
    Anything between two to four days, depending on busy / slack periods, how rural your PO is, etc.
    In the early days of the service, when the staff at St Albans were standing around twiddling their thumbs looking for something to do, I had a parcel in my hand within just over 24 hours of it being posted in the UK. Admittedly, the sender was just up the road from S.A, but still... Impressive stuff, considering normal post can still take up to a bleedin' fortnight to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Zaptap

Hmmm had two packages delivered at about noon to St Albans on Tuesday, haven't heard anything since. I wonder do they get delivered on Saturday mornings?

Zaptap wrote: »
    Hmmm had two packages delivered at about noon to St Albans on Tuesday, haven't heard anything since. I wonder do they get delivered on Saturday mornings?
    I've asked that of my local postmaster and he told me there's no delivery to him on a Saturday.

Contact Amazon- they can give you an Irish return label with an Irish address on it (think its somewhere in Newcastle Co. Dublin).

Hi Conductor,

Just had the need to take your advice.

Wow Amazon customer care is becoming an oximoron.

In the end they just issued the refund and said - dispose of it.

9or10 wrote: »
    Hi Conductor,

Just had the need to take your advice.

Wow Amazon customer care is becoming an oximoron.

In the end they just issued the refund and said - dispose of it.

Yes- something strange happening- I'm up 4 bottles of sugar free vanilla thanks to a screwup on their end- and they don't want them back. Hey, I'm not to complain.

Yes- something strange happening- I'm up 4 bottles of sugar free vanilla thanks to a screwup on their end- and they don't want them back. Hey, I'm not to complain.

Despite all their PR they must be an absolute joy to work for. :(

9or10 wrote: »
    Despite all their PR they must be an absolute joy to work for. :(

I know a handful of Irish working on their IT side- they're treated very well- but they've told me quite horrendous stories about staff working in their fulfillment centres- honestly, you couldn't make some of the stuff up.

• Advertisement

I know a handful of Irish working on their IT side- they're treated very well- but they've told me quite horrendous stories about staff working in their fulfillment centres- honestly, you couldn't make some of the stuff up.

They tend to be AWS employees, totally different segment.

If you want to see how Amazon treat entry level pickers and drivers, see the Dispatches undercover documentary.

Advertisement