Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Only had one problem in 13 deliveries, the notification didn't get sent out when it was scanned at my PO, but that was months ago, and other than that it's been flawless for me

I'd still use PM or PW for anything worth over €40, though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

harr wrote: »
    <SNIP>

MOD: Prohibited Articles are prohibited for a reason. No discussion or suggesting circumventing their rules please.

Quite right. I wouldn't want to be on a plane that had dodgy lithium batteries in the cargo hold, as some have found to their cost. The restrictions weren't introduced as some sort of whimsical notion.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Quite right. I wouldn't want to be on a plane that had dodgy lithium batteries in the cargo hold, as some have found to their cost. The restrictions weren't introduced as some sort of whimsical notion.

Buying cheap Chinese crap batteries (or devices with batteries pre-installed), I'd understand the restrictions but buying something from a reputable supplier and having it blocked is stupid. I've had powerbanks and other gadgetry shipped from UK with no problems. But won't risk ordering anything that contains batteries from China - almost guaranteed that the cells are fake and dodgy.

The problem is, the postal authorities have no way of knowing whether the batteries are decent or not, and even decent batteries aren't idiot-proof and could have been carelessly over or undercharged, leaving them in an unstable state. The blanket ban is probably a bit of an over-reaction, but understandable.
    Hell, even Boeing's own lithium battery bank on the 767 caught fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Any batteries I have gotten are genuine from uk and not some knock offs from China which I would not use or risk using in any of my electronics...anytime we fly we are sitting around people who have devices that contain such batteries and people would have them in both checked luggage and carry on with no restrictions and no way of knowing if those are cheap knockoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They don't have to be cheap imitations. Lithium ion in close proximity, in a pressurised hold, is a big problem. Look up the loss of UPS 6, a 747 from Dubai in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

whiterebel wrote: »
    They don't have to be cheap imitations. Lithium ion in close proximity, in a pressurised hold, is a big problem. Look up the loss of UPS 6, a 747 from Dubai in 2010.

What exactly has that got to do with AddressPal? Don't they just chuck it all in a container and stick it on the ferry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Used it for the first time. Getting power packs from amazon. Could not use parcel motel.

Found it good. Chose a post office a little further away as it opens Saturdays and late till 8 Thursday and Friday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

my3cents wrote: »
    What exactly has that got to do with AddressPal? Don't they just chuck it all in a container and stick it on the ferry?

I've been told a few times that they fly the post in. The fact that they have a prohibited articles list would back this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Finished with AddressPal.... two more parcels today, sent from UK early last week, with stickers on them as the sellers did not include the AP number... not AnPost's fault you might say but Ebay sellers are ignoring me when I ask them to make double sure to include the long number.... no idea why.

If my name was a common one, no idea what they would do as surely there are loads of Michael Reillys or Dave Smiths at this stage and if someone left off the full AP number when posting to folks such as that, they have no way of finding them.

Even so, they appear to have still lost one of my parcels that was signed for in St Alban's about ten days ago now.

Back to PM for me.... even though they destroyed my TV as Christmas (but they did compensate me fully on that occasion tbf).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

I suspect that your name and the four digit post office number should in most cases be all thats really required.

Might test it out next time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Don't test it- its not worth getting stressed out over.
    I've a couple of Kilos of Haribo on their way to me- wonder how long they'll take.
    Mental note to self- get a roll of party bags for the kids in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Don't test it- its not worth getting stressed out over.
    I've a couple of Kilos of Haribo on their way to me- wonder how long they'll take.
    Mental note to self- get a roll of party bags for the kids in Smyths.
    Just make sure that you do not get Mary's triple sour from Canadia... :P

Worth getting, well worth avoiding...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just throwing this out there but typically how long do people usually find it takes to get a package.

I ordered something last Thursday no sign of it yet my gf bought an item and sent on Saturday and she already got it this morning

crasy dash wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there but typically how long do people usually find it takes to get a package.

I ordered something last Thursday no sign of it yet my gf bought an item and sent on Saturday and she already got it this morning

Couple of boxes of Haribo for doing up kids party bags- delivered Monday evening to St. Albans, available for collection 11AM this morning- Lucan.

Just wondering if the guy posted it or if they lost it.
    We have used it well over 50 times this has never really happened before probably will show up tomorrow need it for the weekend.

Just wondering if the guy posted it or if they lost it.
    We have used it well over 50 times this has never really happened before probably will show up tomorrow need it for the weekend.

What part of the country are you in?
    Aka- if its a more rural location- its highly probable it may take a day or two longer. However, that said- last Thursday- I'd have expected here at this stage.

Im from a town in north cork will probably show up tomorrow only worry i have is that herself ordered something after me and that has arrived already:pac:

Pit of a pain not knowing when or if they get an item in St Albans:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Varies a huge amount. Some can take 2 days (exceptional). Most others 3 or 4. Then I had one that took 8 working days - I was sure it was lost as I'd recieved another item from the same company days before.

Not much help I'm afraid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I came here to see what delivery times were like also. This is my first delivery and it was tracked as far as St Albans, arrived there on Tuesday morning. So I should expect it next week some time?

• Advertisement

Just received my package Seller sent it on the 19th arrived in St Albans on the 22nd.

Arrived here on the 26th fours days is not bad considering its less than four euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Starting in June.
    Applies to all parcels, not just Amazon.

This is incorrect

Will only apply to parcel senders who have chosen , presumably, to pay for the service.
    This will include the all parcels that currently have PXP on the labels not just Amazon.
    You will receive a text and an email telling you that your parcel is out for delivery.
    Rolling out in some areas in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Just received my package Seller sent it on the 19th arrived in St Albans on the 22nd.

Arrived here on the 26th fours days is not bad considering its less than four euro.

Considering I received confirmation that my parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel at 3pm and it was in the locker ready for me to collect by 7:30pm the same day.

Hopefully PM doesn't go down hill when UPS take over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Considering I received confirmation that my parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel at 3pm and it was in the locker ready for me to collect by 7:30pm the same day.

Hopefully PM doesn't go down hill when UPS take over it.

Already has. They closed my nearest PM

I'm in the same boat.... had something signed for in St Albans last Thursday morning and AddressPal can't find it. I had to send them Royal Mail's digital signature... haven't heard back since. An Post keep telling me it's a UK issue, nothing really to do with them. Tbh they sound irritated having to deal with issues which they know nothing about. I said to them that they should have some way of transferring customers to a St Alban's personal and he laughed and said 'It's been suggested' so I think they have quite a few issues with items going missing it would seem.

Most expensive item I've used them for too... sod's law.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Who sends out the texts saying order ready for collection? Is it your local PO ?
    I had two orders delivered to ST Albans last week one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday...so I was thinking at least one should have arrived so dropped into PO both orders ready for collection and one she said was from in Thursday evening.
    Nothing expensive or anything (spare wheels for dishwasher) so it goes to show if you are expecting something and have not received word to collect always double check it hasn't arrived...

Who sends out the texts saying order ready for collection? Is it your local PO ?
    I had two orders delivered to ST Albans last week one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday...so I was thinking at least one should have arrived so dropped into PO both orders ready for collection and one she said was from in Thursday evening.
    Nothing expensive or anything (spare wheels for dishwasher) so it goes to show if you are expecting something and have not received word to collect always double check it hasn't arrived...

The texts are automatically generated by the AP system when the package is scanned in on arrival at your PO; so no scan, no text, the fault is at your local PO. Probably overlooked, if it's worked ok before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

If you know the people in your PO, give them a call. Your stuff might already be there and not scanned.

They are unbelievable....

Got the following email this morning even though I have already sent them the screenshot of proof of delivery that they asked for last week.

Good Morning,
    I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with an item delivered through our AddressPal Service.

Usually, once the correct name and AddressPal Account Number is included in the address , the item would arrive at your designated Post Office collection point 3-4 working days after being processed at our Air Business UK depot .

I have checked your account at your designated Post Office and there is nothing on hand presently for you awaiting collection.
    Can you kindly request a screenshot (showing Proof of Delivery, complete with signature),of the successful delivery into Air Business from the Company that you placed your initial order with i.e. Amazon, E-Bay etc.

Would you kindly supply a description of the contents and advise if you may have inadvertently used a different name besides your AddressPal sign up when ordering the product.

Upon receipt of the information above, we will then be able to initiate our inquiry process and hopefully resolve your issue.

I despair. Will have to phone them again now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 brocky1970

Use this alot,but now they have put there prices up,been waiting for a few parcels for a week
    not a great service as yo cant track items

Advertisement