Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Any photos of it like PM?

Be interesting to see how many different points all the route it will be tracked.

CO LAOIS 03-Jul-17
    16:08

Item History

Activity Date
    ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE
    CO LAOIS 03-Jul-17
    ITEM IS IN TRANSIT PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE
    CO LAOIS 03-Jul-17
    ITEM DESPATCHED FROM NEW JERSEY 07726
    UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 28-Jun-17
    16:55
    ITEM DESPATCHED FROM NEW JERSEY 07726
    16:55
    ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED NEW JERSEY 07726
    16:35

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

That seems so much better.

My claim for the missing parcel is still ongoing however (signed for in St Alban's May 19th).

Today I phoned them up again after weeks and weeks of being told it's almost sorted.... only to be told by the manager that he was not aware of the case and will launch an investigation. I told him that I have emails saying the investigation is over and that they have found in my favour almost two weeks ago..... and they said give it until Tuesday week as a new investigation is now launched.

You couldn't make it up. Won't be using AddressPal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Quick question, do you generally receive a notification when an item is received at the UK mail centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Unless its changed since I last used the service (6 ish months ago), nothing is sent by An Post until its in the local post office. Which is my only fault with the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Quintis wrote: »
    Quick question, do you generally receive a notification when an item is received at the UK mail centre?

If its say Amazon and tracked then Amazon will show it as delivered when it gets to St Albans which is about as much info as you can get until it arrives a your local PO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

I'm expecting a package to arrive at my local post office in the next few days, but I won't be around to collect it till early next week. I'm assuming that there'll be no issue with this?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I'm expecting a package to arrive at my local post office in the next few days, but I won't be around to collect it till early next week. I'm assuming that there'll be no issue with this?

Have a look at the FAQ, section 20-> https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You have 5 days to collect it, otherwise it goes back.

For someone who got something from the US where customs was due, how was the custom charge collected?

Did they charge your registered credit card or did you have to pay on delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Answered in the wrong thread.
    deezell wrote: »
    For those considering using An Post AddressPal from the US, there is no post office collection, just home delivery. What happens if it's detained at post office for VAT and Customs you ask? It won't be. Your account that pays the delivery charges is also used to automatically charge VAT and Customs. Here it is in Ts&Cs; " An Post reserves the right to charge Customs charges to the Customer’s Account and the Customer consents to such payments being deducted " Be warned.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Answered in the wrong thread.

Thanks, that is the theory, let's see what really happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hi all

First time using this service.

My items were delivered to the UK address from Amazon yesterday.

When can I expect notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You only get notification when it gets to your selected post office. I say it will be early next week, if you are lucky could be Friday.

nava wrote: »
    You only get notification when it gets to your selected post office. I say it will be early next week, if you are lucky could be Friday.

That is the case if you use the post office collection service, if you use the home delivery service you will get notification once they start sending it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, my first parcel on A.Pal Home Delivery arrived at St.Albans on Monday morning. First thing they did was debit me for €5.99 and text me it was there. There was a tracking link * sent to my email address and within 48hrs of going through the doors of St Albs it was going through the door of my place.
    Not bad, not bad at all.

* Which is just your AP account with tracking lines added.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

How strict are they with the card, will they hand over a package with just id?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

I got my package with just my name. Great service overall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

really depends on how well you're known in the post office!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I just received an AddressPal parcel from the UK this morning. I wasn't expecting a Saturday delivery. A quick search showed this result though: Saturday Delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Got the text Thursday morning. Great service!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Getting txt messages from packages delivered to St. Albans by Amazon- never got them before. Presume someone in An Post is reading this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Might have been asked before but has anyone had problems putting address pal address into amazon.

I thought I had it but then amazon changed it around when I went to recheck it. They took out the 'AP' part and changed the '4' to a '2' in a line of the address.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Might have been asked before but has anyone had problems putting address pal address into amazon.

I thought I had it but then amazon changed it around when I went to recheck it. They took out the 'AP' part and changed the '4' to a '2' in a line of the address.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Amazon will suggest an address, but you should have the option to ignore the suggestion but use the address you entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Amazon will suggest an address, but you should have the option to ignore the suggestion but use the address you entered.

Sorted thanks. I just saw their suggestion and never saw the option I had entered above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭OU812

If you have a google account, you could try to add https://www.google.com/voice to it, which gives you a free number. Try to get a number in Englishtown , NJ with area code 723 which would be beneficial.

If you can't go down that route, than google free us phone number for some virtual options that are out there.

Won't work for me as Google voice wants to validate a number it's forwarding to.

The service I'm signing up for also wants a valid phone number it can then validate itself.

:(

Wanted to buy an Amazon Prime day electric shaver that's just over €200. They won't send to here or NI so AP is my only option. After reading back a few pages it seems its risky with stuff "disappearing". Not sure I want to spend the €6 for home delivery (which I gather is tracked and should be safer).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

...............received a cheque from them today for the price of the phone (reflecting the Ebay / PayPal invoice amount).

Cheque is dated four days ago yet last week they said a new investigation was being launched and as recently as yesterday on the phone they said they did not know what the situation was and that there was nothing on the system when checking my account re:progress or developments. This was AddressPal customer service now, not just merely AnPost. Their left hand seemingly has no idea what the right one is doing.

They also included a letter today and that was the first time they said they had no idea where the parcel went. They also made a point to tell me that, while I was being refunded, it was only a goodwill gesture and not something incumbent on them. Parcel Motel said pretty much the same when they destroyed my TV.

Only difference being PM were professional and a pleasure to deal with in comparison. They compensated me within four or five days..... these guys took almost two months. Not a chance I would use these guys for anything worth more than €20 or so again. Also had the packaging on a parcel (cheap modem) pulled open on top which was clearly someone at some point checking to see what was inside. I used AP maybe 40 times and the one time a parcel went awol on me..... it was an S6 Edge. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I don't think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

I'm a bit concerned. Bought a PS4 for 200 euros from amazon on primeday. Used Address pal. They sent me an email with the address to use stating Unit 5 initially. I checked after ordering and online the address says unit 4. Will this matter? My parcel has been "out to delivery" since early this morning and it's now nearly 4 pm.

Also, amazons sent me a funky email saying the parcel needs to be signed for. I do hope parcel motel sign for it. I've read they have refused in the past for no apparent reason. Anyone got incite?

I'm in the same boat. Bought an electric shaver for €100 yesterday and had to use AddressPal. Thankfully I checked their site before I ordered though. You'd think they would have emailed everyone about changing their address? :rolleyes:

Out for delivery all day too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Will be watching this too as I wasn't aware of the address change and something i ordered a million moons ago just shipped from the states.

Advertisement