Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

feckers currys said no po boxes on ebay site. but i considered that An office because there is people in it. (address pal) google map the address u see the offices. u should just drop it off if it is normal post should make no difference who signs for it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

lads never order from currys/pcworld uk they are a joke!! still waiting for a delivery a wk L8r!!

Is address pal considered a po box ???

MOD: please don't use textspeak. See the forum charter

whiterebel wrote: »
    MOD: please don't use textspeak. See the forum charter
    sorry i was typing quick on the keyboard i wasnt thinking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The situation with Currys etc would seem to be more to do with pressure coming on from the Irish branches. They can't be happy seeing products flooding in to Ireland while they have shops here. Something similar happened years ago when sterling was on the floor, and garages registered brand news cars for export (ZZ Registration), and sent them, brand new, out to the UK. People in the Uk were getting an Irish exported car in the UK thousands cheaper than they could buy it from their local dealer. Ford UK weren't long shutting it down once the UK garages started screaming blue murder.

whiterebel wrote: »
    The situation with Currys etc would seem to be more to do with pressure coming on from the Irish branches. They can't be happy seeing products flooding in to Ireland while they have shops here. Something similar happened years ago when sterling was on the floor, and garages registered brand news cars for export (ZZ Registration), and sent them, brand new, out to the UK. People in the Uk were getting an Irish exported car in the UK thousands cheaper than they could buy it from their local dealer. Ford UK weren't long shutting it down once the UK garages started screaming blue murder.

was329 now299e here vs 207£ so a saving a good bit. going to drag them out about it. (site is full of bad reviews for delivery.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Is this address OK for eBay?

AP***********
    Air Business
    4 The Merlin Centre
    Acrewood Way
    Herts AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Lads my home delivery parcel was in Heathrow Monday and no update since. Anyone experience this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

keano25 wrote: »
    Lads my home delivery parcel was in Heathrow Monday and no update since. Anyone experience this before?

There's a bit of a comms black hole between the Heathrow stage and it suddenly being at Portlaoise and then out for delivery. This time of year, I expect some delay, but it might be ok if extra staff are on the job.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I normally use PW or PM but had an issue with a company taking either one lately so was able to use AP. Item was delivered to them last Wednesday but no contact from AP yet. Is this the norm? Just wait untill it comes out of the black hole and land's in your post office?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

5500 wrote: »
    I normally use PW or PM but had an issue with a company taking either one lately so was able to use AP. Item was delivered to them last Wednesday but no contact from AP yet. Is this the norm? Just wait untill it comes out of the black hole and land's in your post office?

You won`t get any notification from AP until the parcel arrives at the post office. No notification a week after delivery to St Albans seems very long though.

• Advertisement

Gave customer service a bell there and they are trying to say it's down to black friday ect, that there's no delay though just a high volume of mail and to give it another few days. Anyone else had a package delivered to post office in the past week that would have arrived in St Albans on Wednesday last?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Last year at this time between Black Friday and cyber Monday I would expect things to be slow..if I remember correctly it was probably a weeks extra wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 russo

My parcel from ebay was delivered yesterday morning 8.00 am to st albans by royal mail signed for and still no record on my addresspal account. Usually it shoud be processed by now ie confirmation email & tracking no. I can only imagine that last weekends online shopping has caused a backlog of parcels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

russo wrote: »
    My parcel from ebay was delivered yesterday morning 8.00 am to st albans by royal mail signed for and still no record on my addresspal account. Usually it shoud be processed by now ie confirmation email & tracking no. I can only imagine that last weekends online shopping has caused a backlog of parcels.

Do you know when it is delivered to St. Albans? Only thing I ever noticed is a text and email notifying me to collect it at the Post Office. But using Amazon tracking I usually find it to be 3 days after St. Albans when it arrived in the local PO. After Black Friday everything will probably be congested for a few extra days. I have an Amazon 3rd party Hermes order going to St. Albans which was shipped today so it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 russo

Doltanian wrote: »
    Do you know when it is delivered to St. Albans? Only thing I ever noticed is a text and email notifying me to collect it at the Post Office. But using Amazon tracking I usually find it to be 3 days after St. Albans when it arrived in the local PO. After Black Friday everything will probably be congested for a few extra days. I have an Amazon 3rd party Hermes order going to St. Albans which was shipped today so it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

I am using the home delivery option with address pal. My item was shipped minday from uk and arrived in AP st albans yesterday morning. When did u order that amazon order ?

russo wrote: »
    I am using the home delivery option with address pal. My item was shipped minday from uk and arrived in AP st albans yesterday morning. When did u order that amazon order ?

That would have been ordered the first week of November before the black Friday madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I recently ordered to address pal in UK and just got a notification that an post will attempt to deliver my parcel today. i thought it would automatically go to my local post office?
    I had requested for a previous item that they deliver it to me but i thought it would then automatically revert back to sending parcels to my post office but apparently not. anyone know how to have the post office as the default location?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    I recently ordered to address pal in UK and just got a notification that an post will attempt to deliver my parcel today. i thought it would automatically go to my local post office?
    I had requested for a previous item that they deliver it to me but i thought it would then automatically revert back to sending parcels to my post office but apparently not. anyone know how to have the post office as the default location?

Thanks

From previous posts here I thought the home delivery option gives you a separate AddressPal number, and you just use the old number if you want it delivered to the PO? Haven't used that myself so not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

MOH wrote: »
    From previous posts here I thought the home delivery option gives you a separate AddressPal number, and you just use the old number if you want it delivered to the PO? Haven't used that myself so not sure.

I think you are right, I never copped that. Feel like an idiot. Thanks for the help though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

MOH wrote: »

That's exactly it. The Home Delivery number is just a shorter version of the original number, that AP use to ident which service you want. I find myself using the HD service more these days, simply to save me traipsing down to the PO on wet cold days. That and DPD Parcel Wizard to my door, too, but cheaper.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That's exactly it. The Home Delivery number is just a shorter version of the original number, that AP use to ident which service you want. I find myself using the HD service more these days, simply to save me traipsing down to the PO on wet cold days. That and DPD Parcel Wizard to my door, too, but cheaper.

It is the same number u have it is just the post office number that is left out thats all. so it goes to ur house instead of the post office.

Had two Amazon recorded deliveries today (Wednesday) with AddressPal one was Delivered to St. Albans Friday and the other on Monday, 3 days is pretty normal but the 2nd one being delivered in two days was impressive considering the time of year with the Christmas rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I have a quick question to anyone using Address Pal for home delivery.
    I have ordered Google Home speaker from currys.co.uk using this service. As the home address I've put my work address.
    Is the signature required on the delivery of the parcel?

The thing is, that the parcel was lost, An Post claims it has been delivered to the reception, while the CCTV clearly shows that the postman never went to the reception and possibly just left the parcel downstairs, just next to the entrance door, unattended. However he claims that he took the elevator and went upstairs to the reception - but since on CCTV it's less than 5 seconds from him opening the door of the building to leaving the building, so I know he never took the elevator (it takes 16 seconds for elevator to go to the second floor). An Post also claims that the parcel didn't require signature - but parcel sent by Currys had a signature requirement. I can't go back to Currys for a refund, as parcel sent by them has been delivered, so I have to chase An Post, does anyone know what is the procedure, as their Customer Service tells me that parcel has been delivered, postman went to the reception and case closed for them - even with the photos from CCTV that I sent them, it's like they ignore them completely.

First time for me using that service and it looks like I lost not only on bargain but also lost quite a lot of money, which hurts especially before Christmas :| I will appreciate any help.

The signature requirement for Curry’s would have been completed at AddressPal in the U.K., so they are finished with it. This is where you fall in between the cracks when using a forwarding service. If An Post don’t require a signature (I would have thought they would), it leaves you high and dry. Their insurance cover is very low anyway, only €40, AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

jontr wrote: »
    I have ordered Google Home speaker from currys.co.uk using this service. As the home address I've put my work address.

The thing is, that the parcel was lost, An Post claims it has been delivered to the reception, while the CCTV clearly shows that the postman never went to the reception and possibly just left the parcel downstairs, just next to the entrance door, unattended. However he claims that he took the elevator and went upstairs to the reception - but since on CCTV it's less than 5 seconds from him opening the door of the building to leaving the building, so I know he never took the elevator (it takes 16 seconds for elevator to go to the second floor). An Post also claims that the parcel didn't require signature - but parcel sent by Currys had a signature requirement. I can't go back to Currys for a refund, as parcel sent by them has been delivered, so I have to chase An Post, does anyone know what is the procedure, as their Customer Service tells me that parcel has been delivered, postman went to the reception and case closed for them - even with the photos from CCTV that I sent them, it's like they ignore them completely.

First time for me using that service and it looks like I lost not only on bargain but also lost quite a lot of money, which hurts especially before Christmas :| I will appreciate any help.

I am in same boat. Parcelgit delivered on 14 oct to st albans and I still havent got it. After lots of emails with them asking for pod and a picture of the item then an invoice they launched an investigation. Still havent got the item and no update from them despite me sending several more emails.
    Ordered item agsin from amazon used dpd parcel wizard and got texts every day to say what was happening and item was delivered in 4 days with no hassle whatsoever.

Looks like it'll be a first and last using this for myself, still no sign of my own package despite being delivered just over 2 weeks ago to St Albans. The customer service is a bit of a joke, despite providing tracking, box and content description and requesting they look further into it they keep coming back with it's a busy time a year, no indication or offer of them doing a search on the package.

My only reason for using them was the retailer wouldn't send to parcel wizard or motel but I'd rather do without than being left in limbo, really is a joke compared to the other 2 parcel forwarders above

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlbertaGreene

5500 wrote: »
    Looks like it'll be a first and last using this for myself, still no sign of my own package despite being delivered just over 2 weeks ago to St Albans. The customer service is a bit of a joke, despite providing tracking, box and content description and requesting they look further into it they keep coming back with it's a busy time a year, no indication or offer of them doing a search on the package.

My only reason for using them was the retailer wouldn't send to parcel wizard or motel but I'd rather do without than being left in limbo, really is a joke compared to the other 2 parcel forwarders above
    Same boat here. Package arrived to St Albans Tues 28 Nov and no sign of it.
    I contacted them as the courier had removed the AP number from the package and I was told that my package would now need "manual processing" and that because of the busy time of year it will be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Fish Bloke

Odd question.

I received an e-mail today saying I had an order available for collection at my post office.

I've only ever placed one order using Address Pal though, and I received it two months ago.

I did, however, post an item to the US a few days ago.

Anyone know if there's chance An Post could be using Address Pal to let me know that the package I sent was undeliverable?

I'll be popping in tomorrow, but I'm curious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Fish Bloke wrote: »
    Odd question.

I received an e-mail today saying I had an order available for collection at my post office.
    Could be junk mail, you could ring and ask if it is a letter, I know PM will dump them and not charge you.

I rarely order from US companies direct, but I know one I did order from (ironmind) was sending me magazines for a few years after. Not sure if this is common for US companies.

• Advertisement

jontr wrote: »

@ least you got yours delivered. my parcel form the ebay currys site never got that far delivery was wk late then after that had to ring knowhow team cause the couldnt deliver parcel for some reason.their ebay customer service is non exsistant Had to get ebay to refund me. WARNING NEVER ORDER FROM CURRYS/PCWORLD EBAY SITE they wont reply & only cause urself loads of trouble & stress.

Advertisement