Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Parcel deliveredby Amazon to St Albans Tuesday night, still no email or anything on the website confirming they ahve even received it..

The issue from my end is that the parcel contains some perfume (Which is technically not allowed) for herself, should I be worried? Only used Addresspal once before this and had no issues but then agin this is 2 weeks before Christmas:o

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

@ least you got yours delivered.

Well, it was delivered to the office, but then went missing, as it was left in the corridor where everyone can get it. And they replied saying that the postman took the parcel to second floor reception using elevator. I guess it must be Mr Flash Gordon himself working for An Post, as per CCTV footage it took him less than 5 seconds from the moment he opened the door to the building to the moment he left the building.
    I sent them photos from the CCTV and An Post ignores me now. What can I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

jontr wrote: »
    Well, it was delivered to the office, but then went missing, as it was left in the corridor where everyone can get it. And they replied saying that the postman took the parcel to second floor reception using elevator. I guess it must be Mr Flash Gordon himself working for An Post, as per CCTV footage it took him less than 5 seconds from the moment he opened the door to the building to the moment he left the building.
    I sent them photos from the CCTV and An Post ignores me now. What can I do?

comreg are the regulator, you've made a complaint to An Post so now you can go straight to comreg. Even if they can't help directly they may tell you what else you can try.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

Can someone please confirm if my understanding is correct:

It costs nothing to sign up to AddressPal but you give them all your details including bank card and then they give you your addresses. So far nothing paid.

Then when you want to use one of your addresses, let's just say the UK one that delivers to your post office, they only charge you 3.75 if it's under 20kg... Seems too good to be true, no?

I feel i'm missing something, am I missing a step, is there a monthly fee or something?

Also, when you get it delivered to your post office do you pay at your post office or do they just take it from your registered bank details?

Hoping to use this service today so replies appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

N.96 wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm if my understanding is correct:

It costs nothing to sign up to AddressPal but you give them all your details including bank card and then they give you your addresses. So far nothing paid.

Then when you want to use one of your addresses, let's just say the UK one that delivers to your post office, they only charge you 3.75 if it's under 20kg... Seems too good to be true, no?

I feel i'm missing something, am I missing a step, is there a monthly fee or something?

Also, when you get it delivered to your post office do you pay at your post office or do they just take it from your registered bank details?

Hoping to use this service today so replies appreciated!

That's about it.
    If I recall correctly, they didn't need my card details for the pick-up-at-PO service, as you pay when you collect it. For the Home Delivery service, they'll charge your card for €6.99 *subject to size/weight, it can be more* and lob it on your doorstep. I've been tending to use the HD service more often as I can't be assed going down the PO in the wintery weather.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That's about it.
    If I recall correctly, they didn't need my card details for the pick-up-at-PO service, as you pay when you collect it. For the Home Delivery service, they'll charge your card for €6.99 *subject to size/weight, it can be more* and lob it on your doorstep. I've been tending to use the HD service more often as I can't be assed going down the PO in the wintery weather.

That's great so, thanks Dan Jaman.

Luckily I drive past my PO everyday so it'll be just as handy really.

Excited to try AddressPal now, always assumed it'd be outrageously priced!

N.96 wrote: »
    That's great so, thanks Dan Jaman.

Luckily I drive past my PO everyday so it'll be just as handy really.

Excited to try AddressPal now, always assumed it'd be outrageously priced!

Just beware once An Post get hold of your goods they aren't insured so if An Post loose them then its tough luck, iirc max compensation is €40 :mad:

I wouldn't be using the service for any expensive item or anything that is readily salable like a phone or laptop as its just too risky.

Ideal however for those cheaper items that Amazon will ship free within the UK but won't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NatashaB16

I ordered a tablet with Addresspal USA about 2 weeks ago at this point and there's no tracking info since it was 'despached' on Saturday the 2nd Dec. Any word on how long it takes them to deliver to here? I know it says 5-6 working days but the tracking info hasn't changed or updated since last Sat and I'd have assumed that it would have passed though customs by now (I could be totally overestimating this though). I know they use some mad Russian company so that's where a lot of the issue is but surely it doesn't take longer than 5 days (6 really!) to get even just TO customs, never mind to me! Any reassurance would be welcome ��

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Anyone having issues about SMS messages from AP? I got email notification on Friday that there was a parcel ready for collection in the PO, but no text message. I have checked my AP settings and all is OK there.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Anyone having issues about SMS messages from AP? I got email notification on Friday that there was a parcel ready for collection in the PO, but no text message. I have checked my AP settings and all is OK there.

I got both a SMS and email last night, for a parcel that arrived in my PO on Saturday

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    I got both a SMS and email last night, for a parcel that arrived in my PO on Saturday

Shouldn't you have got them both on the Saturday? Also as the 10th of December isn't on the list for mail deliveries over Christmas it may have come in on the Friday.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

my3cents wrote: »
    Shouldn't you have got them both on the Saturday? Also as the 10th of December isn't on the list for mail deliveries over Christmas it may have come in on the Friday.

I asked about that specifically - the PostMaster told me that AP now come to the local PO the night before, rather than in the mornings, which is why you might now be getting the emails in the evenings.

She mentioned this particular delivery came to the PO on Saturday, but she didn't scan them until last night, when I got the mail.

I asked about that specifically - the PostMaster told me that AP now come to the local PO the night before, rather than in the mornings, which is why you might now be getting the emails in the evenings.

She mentioned this particular delivery came to the PO on Saturday, but she didn't scan them until last night, when I got the mail.

Depends when the local postman calls, in my rural area my postman drops off the sealed AP mail sacks to several rural post offices on his run out from the main depot in the morning.

I use the local town PO again morning AP delivery and wouldn't trust a word my local Post Master told me. The lads that work their are much better, they'll tell me if they have been late scanning the AP mail when the PM will try and tell me its been scanned the minute its arrived.

I don't so much have an issue the AP stuff not being given priority but its annoying when someone pretends it does.

The evening AP delivery may be related to the evening home parcel deliveries which we don't get in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

After using addresspal for an amazon order.

Had 3 or 4 items from different sellers, but all fufilled by amazon. Clicked group together on checkout, this morning I get email that one of my add-on items is on its way. It cost 60p, and will cost me 3.75 to collect it, can I just leave it in the post office or what can I do?

timple23 wrote: »

Had 3 or 4 items from different sellers, but all fufilled by amazon. Clicked group together on checkout, this morning I get email that one of my add-on items is on its way. It cost 60p, and will cost me 3.75 to collect it, can I just leave it in the post office or what can I do?

Thats a really good question all I can tell you is that after a couple of days you get emails telling you they are going to send it back if you don't collect it. If it does get sent back I don't see there is anyway your account could be tagged with the collection fee but who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

my3cents wrote: »
    Thats a really good question all I can tell you is that after a couple of days you get emails telling you they are going to send it back if you don't collect it. If it does get sent back I don't see there is anyway your account could be tagged with the collection fee but who knows?

yes but problem is that i will have two more packages coming from amazon, so i can't just avoid the post office

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

E-mail reminder received a few minutes ago (no SMS) for a parcel which apparently arrived on Friday in the postoffice. No original e-mail or SMS received to alert me of its arrival.

Their notification system seems to be gone flakey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

timple23 wrote: »

This happened to me with a phone case and a screen protector. Made me sick having to pay the double fee but lesson learnt. There is no guarantee that different third party sellers (tps) will ship at the same time and I think they could be in different locations/warehouses also?

I only use it on Amazon now for single items over the £20 for free shipping from Amazon or tps. Items all sold and shipped from Amazon of course will probably all ship together but after being burnt once I don't chance it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

E-mail reminder received a few minutes ago (no SMS) for a parcel which apparently arrived on Friday in the postoffice. No original e-mail or SMS received to alert me of its arrival.

Their notification system seems to be gone flakey.

I think that it relies on your local office scanning it. I got a notification late in the day, they are usually mid morning. The Postmistress apologised that she didn't have time or forgot to scan it in the morning. I can imagine that they get missed when the PO is busy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Discodog wrote: »
    I think that it relies on your local office scanning it. I got a notification late in the day, they are usually mid morning. The Postmistress apologised that she didn't have time or forgot to scan it in the morning. I can imagine that they get missed when the PO is busy

That's all well and good- however, the system shouldn't trigger a reminder- if its not been scanned in- and then there is the issue with SMSs working sometimes- and not at other times...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I love Addresspal but recently got a notice that an item was marked as oversize and would cost 25 euro to collect.
    Bit annoyed as item well within permissible measurements but it was packaged in a MASSIVE box - the guy who rang from An Post in Portlaoise said he could hear it rattling around in there. He said he had no choice to but mark as oversize (and send to a depot nowhere near me - no WAY was I paying 25 quid to get buses there and collect it). Now the item itself was worth 25 quid also so I just refused it. He said grand, we will send it back.
    The seller says they haven't gotten it.
    I presumed he meant 'send it back ' - to the seller - but maybe it just goes back to die in St Albans?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Had two items shipped - one from the US and another from the UK. Both arrived on Nov 30th and both missing. It's spooky that both arrived on the same day and have gone missing. What recourse do I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

maxsmum wrote: »
    I love Addresspal but recently got a notice that an item was marked as oversize and would cost 25 euro to collect.
    Bit annoyed as item well within permissible measurements but it was packaged in a MASSIVE box - the guy who rang from An Post in Portlaoise said he could hear it rattling around in there. He said he had no choice to but mark as oversize (and send to a depot nowhere near me - no WAY was I paying 25 quid to get buses there and collect it). Now the item itself was worth 25 quid also so I just refused it. He said grand, we will send it back.
    The seller says they haven't gotten it.
    I presumed he meant 'send it back ' - to the seller - but maybe it just goes back to die in St Albans?

Can you get it sent to your house for €5.99 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Parcel deliveredby Amazon to St Albans Tuesday night, still no email or anything on the website confirming they ahve even received it..

The issue from my end is that the parcel contains some perfume (Which is technically not allowed) for herself, should I be worried? Only used Addresspal once before this and had no issues but then agin this is 2 weeks before Christmas:o

Bizarrely I got an email earlier saying this was ready for collection, is this normal in post office deliveries, not as much as a notification that they even have the item en route?

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Bizarrely I got an email earlier saying this was ready for collection, is this normal in post office deliveries, not as much as a notification that they even have the item en route?

Yes, for AP post office deliveries there is no tracking or notification between the time the parcel is delivered to St Albans and when it arrives in the PO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ordered a pair of trainers by Amazon fulfilled delivery several weeks ago,only thing I heard was I was getting a refund because they had been returned.
    Can only presume the address code wasn't complete or something?

Got a totally unsolicited email from Amazon last night apologising that they weren't able to deliver my Echo I ordered on Black Friday and they will be sending a replacement by priority delivery to my AddressPal address today. Profuse apologies etc.
    However I received the Echo at my PO last week... but on tracking to St Albans it was marked as not delivered!
    Eh.. Free Echo en route it seems. Well... 3.75 to collect. Thanks AddressPal!

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Can you get it sent to your house for €5.99 ?

Nope, they did it previously but refused on this occasion. Really annoying. Feel i have to include a note to all sellers to package things tightly now.

maxsmum wrote: »
    Got a totally unsolicited email from Amazon last night apologising that they weren't able to deliver my Echo I ordered on Black Friday and they will be sending a replacement by priority delivery to my AddressPal address today. Profuse apologies etc.
    However I received the Echo at my PO last week... but on tracking to St Albans it was marked as not delivered!
    Eh.. Free Echo en route it seems. Well... 3.75 to collect. Thanks AddressPal!

Unusual for Amazon to make a mistake like that. Lucky you. Of course you could always inform Amazon of that and send the second Echo back. ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Hi,

I recently signed up for Address Pal from An Post to have parcels sent from the UK to my home address (so not collected via the Post Office).
    The 2 parcels I recently ordered have both been received in St. Albans and given a tracking number but according to the online tracking info. they've not moved from Heathrow Airport since the end of last week.
    One was recorded at Heathrow hub on Thursday and the second one on Friday.
    Stuff I've ordered that have been sent via other couriers seem to be travelling fine including deliveries from Amazon on a Sunday, so I wondered if it's usual for them to be so slow?
    If you have any experience of using them, please let me know.

Advertisement