Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

maxsmum wrote: »
    Got a totally unsolicited email from Amazon last night apologising that they weren't able to deliver my Echo I ordered on Black Friday and they will be sending a replacement by priority delivery to my AddressPal address today. Profuse apologies etc.
    However I received the Echo at my PO last week... but on tracking to St Albans it was marked as not delivered!
    Eh.. Free Echo en route it seems. Well... 3.75 to collect. Thanks AddressPal!

Unusual for Amazon to make a mistake like that. Lucky you. Of course you could always inform Amazon of that and send the second Echo back. ;);)

I once bought a tablet and a case and was sent two tablets by mistake. 
    ...I then ordered two cases :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

kneemos wrote: »
    Ordered a pair of trainers by Amazon fulfilled delivery several weeks ago,only thing I heard was I was getting a refund because they had been returned.
    Can only presume the address code wasn't complete or something?

Could be. A parcel I was waiting on that was delivered to St. Albans on Nov 27th only just arrived at the post office yesterday. Turns out the company had left off the AP number from the delivery address, despite it being shown correctly on the order receipt. If I hadn't contacted AddressPal's customer service to query it I guess it would have just been returned. Not sure how long they hang on to things like that for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you have to take the time of year into account.

i had similar issues with parcel motel this time last year.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I ordered stuff off amazon to be delivered to AP recently. Got 1 of the items last week and there was a big sticker on it saying my AP number wasnt on it and to make sure it goes on future orders to facilitate a speedy delivery.
    At that point I had already ordered another item for delivery to AP so I emailed them to apologise. Then amended my amazon address to see would sellers put in the AP number if i have it on a different line.
    Luckily my name is the only 1 like it in ireland so easy enough for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AlbertaGreene

Jacovs wrote: »
    I ordered stuff off amazon to be delivered to AP recently. Got 1 of the items last week and there was a big sticker on it saying my AP number wasnt on it and to make sure it goes on future orders to facilitate a speedy delivery.
    At that point I had already ordered another item for delivery to AP so I emailed them to apologise. Then amended my amazon address to see would sellers put in the AP number if i have it on a different line.
    Luckily my name is the only 1 like it in ireland so easy enough for them.
    Jacovs - Do you mind me asking how long did it take to arrive to you from the date it arrived in St Albans please? And did you get it delivered to your local post office or your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Jacovs - Do you mind me asking how long did it take to arrive to you from the date it arrived in St Albans please? And did you get it delivered to your local post office or your home?

Ive used it a few times before, but most recently an item was delivered to St Albans on friday 1 Dec and I got the text to collect in my post office the wednesday 6 Dec.

Another item was delivered to St Albans thursday 7 Dec and I have yet to receive the text to collect, though I am expecting it to be today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The hold ups are probably in Portlaoise. Doubt they do much in St Albans bar hoof it on a lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I had a parcel that was delivered to St Albans on December 2nd. It's going to the local post office but no notification yet. Too soon to query with Addresspal customer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlbertaGreene

Kurtosis wrote: »
    I had a parcel that was delivered to St Albans on December 2nd. It's going to the local post office but no notification yet. Too soon to query with Addresspal customer service?
    My parcel arrived to St. Albans on the 28th of November and I only got an email to say it was in my local post office yesterday. When I collected it they had put a big sticker on the side of the box stating the delay was because "either my full name or the AP code was missing or incorrect".
    Turns out the courier had only put the initial of my first name on the label, rather than my full first name even though I had put my complete name on it, and this caused the big delay! Seriously!! The AP code was on the package in full, surely this is what they use to find my details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Spocker wrote: »

That's this thread bud ;) come out of the fog hahahaha Lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That's this thread bud ;) come out of the fog hahahaha Lol

It was initially posted in a different forum, then moved over here and merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Hi

I just found out today that the seller that posted my item to my addresspal left out the AP ## ### ########## number and it was delivered. My concern now is that it was delivered but anpost wont know who it belongs to, my name is on the package but that probably means nothing to them.

I have been onto addresspal but they just said to email them with the details. Has anyone else come across this issue before?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with addresspal megathread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Hi

I just found out today that the seller that posted my item to my addresspal left out the AP ## ### ########## number and it was delivered. My concern now is that it was delivered but anpost wont know who it belongs to, my name is on the package but that probably means nothing to them.

I have been onto addresspal but they just said to email them with the details. Has anyone else come across this issue before?

Thanks

If you provided the seller with your phone no.,it may be printed on parcel and an post could ring you for your identity

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katie02

Hi,

First time using address pal and I ordered a package from Argos U.K. which was supposed to be delivered today to St Albans. I got a message this evening delivery was unsuccessful. I rang Argos to ask for the reason and they said the delivery report said there was no-one to accept the package (???!!). I definitely input the correct address and confirmed this with the call-Centre. Does anyone else have experience with ordering from Argos? I’ve rescheduled the delivery for Sunday but not feeling very confident- does the centre in St Albans even take weekend deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Hi

Thanks

What will happen (i reckon) is they will email everyone that shares your name and ask for details about the package.

(Whoever had the idea for the length of the AP number should be sacked)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

moonboy52 wrote: »
    What will happen (i reckon) is they will email everyone that shares your name and ask for details about the package.

(Whoever had the idea for the length of the AP number should be sacked)

okay hopefully they sorted it soon as I need it by Friday next week. Ive emailed them all the details and tracking number and offered to pay extra to have it sent by express if possible. thanks for the reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Integrate your mobile number into the address, I have my 087-XXXXXXX number on the address label.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Pleasantly surprised this morning, ordered something on eBay last Tuesday. Arrived to AddressPal on Wednesday a delivered to my door this morning. Heard the porch open but no one knocked. He left it in the porch. He was driving an Enterprise rent a van too so I'd say they're trying to keep up with demand! I wasn't expecting the parcel until at least Thursday or Friday next week with Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

Hi

Thanks

Yes, I had to email them a description of the item and it turned up at the post office about 3 days later. The courier had stuck their own label over the retailers and left off the AP number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Something arrived in St. Alban's on December 7th (I know this from the DPD tracking) but still no notification from AddressPal
    Should I be concerned?

First time using them & surprised I don't at least get a "we have your parcel" notification like Parcel Motel do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

frash wrote: »
    Something arrived in St. Alban's on December 7th (I know this from the DPD tracking) but still no notification from AddressPal
    Should I be concerned?

First time using them & surprised I don't at least get a "we have your parcel" notification like Parcel Motel do

Yes, even allowing for the busy Christmas period, you should have received your parcel by now. Did you choose PO or home delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

frash wrote: »
    Should I be concerned?

I rang them when my parcel from John Lewis went missing. (V expensive iPad!) I spoke to v helpful staff. They said they’d get back to me but I was sceptical. However, they were brilliant and found my parcel and rang me back about 2 hours later. John Lewis use green parcel boxes so they stand out. DPD had added a label on top with someone else’s details on, obliterating half my details but you could see my name. Luckily it’s an unusual name. The lady at An Post in St Albans sent me a picture showing the parcel and label. Apparently DPD stick their own address labels on the parcels and regularly cause problems according to her.
    I set up the home delivery option and she forwarded it on. I got it about 3 days later.
    So relieved!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Yes, even allowing for the busy Christmas period, you should have received your parcel by now. Did you choose PO or home delivery?

PO

I emailed them on Thursday but haven't heard anything back since

Update:
    I rang them.
    they said it should take between 3 to 5 working days to go from St Alban's to the post office
    I'm on working day 7
    They don't consider it "misplaced" until working day 8

Severely unimpressed with this service so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I would like to use AddressPal for something I'm buying from eBay in the US. I'm not sure how to format the number on the eBay side. Do you put the AddressPal number on Line 1 of the address. When I do that, the suggested address changes to:
    <firstname lastname>
    5 South Main Street
    Englishtown, NJ, 07726-1558
    US

So it dropped the AP number. Should I put it on Line 2 of address or tag it onto my surname?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi,

I signed up for this service but when I try to add a new address with Amazon UK, there are 6 lines in my address pal UK adddress and only 4 in amazon fields!

Address Line 1:
    Address Line 2:
    Town/City:
    County:

The first 2 lines in the addresspal UK address seem to be codes, but I assume they are relevant to include?

How do I cram in 6 lines to 4 with Amazon UK?

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up for this service but when I try to add a new address with Amazon UK, there are 6 lines in my address pal UK adddress and only 4 in amazon fields!

Address Line 1:
    Address Line 2:
    Town/City:
    County:

The first 2 lines in the addresspal UK address seem to be codes, but I assume they are relevant to include?

How do I cram in 6 lines to 4 with Amazon UK?

Thanks in advance!

Amazon cram your address all on one line when they dispatch stuff so just jam it all in as it looks best.

This is what my Address looks like on the My Account page at Amazon

Mr My3Cents
    AP 12A 1234 0123456
    AIR BUSINESS 4 MERLIN CENTRE ACREWOOD WAY
    ST ALBANS, Herts AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom
    Phone number: 00353 12 12345

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

my3cents wrote: »
    Amazon cram your address all on one line when they dispatch stuff so just jam it all in as it looks best.

This is what my Address looks like on the My Account page at Amazon

Mr My3Cents
    AP 12A 1234 0123456
    AIR BUSINESS 4 MERLIN CENTRE ACREWOOD WAY
    ST ALBANS, Herts AL4 0JY
    United Kingdom
    Phone number: 00353 12 12345

Thanks for quick reply!

But after I do that I get the error:

Please enter a valid postal code

Whats the postcode? AL4 0JY?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I get this when I try and Edit my Amazon address ......
    Can't replicate it exactly but its what it is ......

Edit your address
    Full name

Mr My3Cents
    Phone number

00353 12 12345
    May be used in connection with your deliveries
    Country

United Kingdom
    Postcode

AL4 0JY
    Street address

AP 12A 1234 0123456