Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

my3cents wrote: »
    I get this when I try and Edit my Amazon address ......
    Can't replicate it exactly but its what it is ......

Edit your address
    Full name

Mr My3Cents
    Phone number

00353 12 12345
    May be used in connection with your deliveries
    Country

United Kingdom
    Postcode

AL4 0JY
    Street address

AP 12A 1234 0123456

AIR BUSINESS 4 MERLIN CENTRE ACREWOOD WAY
    Town/City

ST ALBANS
    County

Herts

That did it - many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

do you think adresspal will accept these dimensions and weight at their St Albans depot 46cm x 46cm x 40cm and weighs 17.5kg , the item is out for delivery today. Also do u think i could get it before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

do you think adresspal will accept these dimensions and weight at their St Albans depot 46cm x 46cm x 40cm and weighs 17.5kg , the item is out for delivery today. Also do u think i could get it before Christmas.

31×25×72 I think are the limits. Other posters have said they switched to home delivery when charged for oversized items though.

kneemos wrote: »
    31×25×72 I think are the limits. Other posters have said they switched to home delivery when charged for oversized items though.

Hi thanks for your reply, I'm just worried they wont accept the box as its over-sized and send it back to the seller, do you think that could happen.

Hi thanks for your reply, I'm just worried they wont accept the box as its over-sized and send it back to the seller, do you think that could happen.

Think they send it anyway and charge for oversize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

They'll take the opportunity to skin you alive and send it on to a parcel depot 20 miles from you, with no option to pick it up at your local PO or deliver it to your home.
    And charge you €25 for the privilege.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Excellent, The weight limit is 20kg, this box will be 17.3 kg.

Thank you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They offered to return a similar sized package to sender for me- or change it to home delivery- but I'd have to go in and change my addresspal account- put in the credit card etc.

Also- it is implausible that you'll have it for Christmas- if they're only delivering it to St. Albans today.......

I don't think they particularly care about trying to maximise revenue- its more a rather strict interpretation of the rules- and the OP's parcel is clearly too big for the post office pick-up option (even if its below the 20kg weight limit).

Anyhow- perhaps the OP might like to let us know how he/she gets on- it'll be helpful for the rest of us.

I inputted my card details on my addresspal account this morning for the home delivery option. Yea I doubt ill have it this side of Christmas either.

Yes I will keep you updated.

Thanks for your reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Also- it is implausible that you'll have it for Christmas- if they're only delivering it to St. Albans today.......

Don't be so sure about that. I ordered some items from Amazon on Monday which were only delivered to St Albans yesterday evening. This morning I received a notification email that the parcel had arrived in my local PO. I have never received anything through AP in so short a space of time so this may be an error. Anyway I will call in to the PO today or tomorrow and check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Amazon notified me of dropping off an item to St Albans on Friday it arrived in the PO today Wednesday, thats good enough particularly at this time of year for me.

Now for a rant, I've had 5 email notifications this morning and the last one was an hour after I'd signed for paid for and picked the item up. When I was in the PO another guy was complaining that they'd had multiple emails this morning for and item he was there to pick up.

Edit> And another notification "Your AddressPal item is ready for collection" so thats 6 today and 2 since I picket it up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Don't be so sure about that. I ordered some items from Amazon on Monday which were only delivered to St Albans yesterday evening. This morning I received a notification email that the parcel had arrived in my local PO. I have never received anything through AP in so short a space of time so this may be an error. Anyway I will call in to the PO today or tomorrow and check it out.

You can get lucky.
    If your parcel arrives just as their finishing a consignment- it may get in and out of there in under an hour- however, the commensurate is true- it may take 2-3 days- unfortunately, you just can't tell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Amazon notified me of dropping off an item to St Albans on Friday it arrived in the PO today Wednesday, thats good enough particularly at this time of year for me.

Now for a rant, I've had 5 email notifications this morning and the last one was an hour after I'd signed for paid for and picked the item up. When I was in the PO another guy was complaining that they'd had multiple emails this morning for and item he was there to pick up.

Edit> And another notification "Your AddressPal item is ready for collection" so thats 6 today and 2 since I picket it up.

Me too. I have got 10 notifications from AP for just one parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I emailed CS today as a packet supposedly delivered in St Albans on the 13th was still not received.

A few hours after my email, I received the AP notification that a delivery was available for me to collect.

Sounds like they forgot to notify me about it so if you are waiting for deliveries, it's always worth dropping them an email

j4vier wrote: »
    I emailed CS today as a packet supposedly delivered in St Albans on the 13th was still not received.

A few hours after my email, I received the AP notification that a delivery was available for me to collect.

Sounds like they forgot to notify me about it so if you are waiting for deliveries, it's always worth dropping them an email

Just be aware that the PO only keeps stuff for three days before it gets sent back to god knows where.

Just be aware that the PO only keeps stuff for three days before it gets sent back to god knows where.

Five working days it says on their email.

Five working days it says on their email.

Fair enough just as long as people know there is a limit. The only time I got near it was last year when it was 3 days and its since been changed to 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

yes the email said 5 working days from today, the day of notification

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Had an item shipped from shop in uk to St Albans but they left out my ID number they just put in my name and the address.
    It was delivered but got missing now , it’s my first issue with something going missing and have used addresspal over 40 times.
    Item wasn’t expensive as I wouldn’t fully trust it with expensive items..
    Was delivered to St Albans 12 day’s ago , any hope it might yet appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

I’ve just had 9 euro charged to my credit card by Address Pal for an item I didn’t even order.

It must be some one else’s package as it weighing over 6KG and i definitely didn’t order anything to my address pal address lately.
    Not only that but I would never use the Home Delivery version of the virtual address for deliveries from the UK.
    The only reason they have my card details is because I pre ordered something from the US but that isn’t even close to the shipping yet. This item was delivered to the UK address.

I also received a second email that says:

“An AddressPal item for you has been received into our AddressPal Hub.

However, your unique AddressPal address was unclear or missing from your item and this has resulted in a delay in processing.

Please ensure that your unique AddressPal address is quoted in full as the delivery address to avoid future processing delays.”

WTF!

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    I’ve just had 9 euro charged to my credit card by Address Pal for an item I didn’t even order.

It must be some one else’s package as it weighing over 6KG and i definitely didn’t order anything to my address pal address lately.
    Not only that but I would never use the Home Delivery version of the virtual address for deliveries from the UK.
    The only reason they have my card details is because I pre ordered something from the US but that isn’t even close to the shipping yet. This item was delivered to the UK address.

I also received a second email that says:

“An AddressPal item for you has been received into our AddressPal Hub.

However, your unique AddressPal address was unclear or missing from your item and this has resulted in a delay in processing.

Please ensure that your unique AddressPal address is quoted in full as the delivery address to avoid future processing delays.”

WTF!
    did u email them and tell them they fuked up

did u email them and tell them they fuked up

I did indeed, and just received a generic reply with a ticket number.

The thing is I’m expecting other packages so I will need to open it up in front of the postman and send it back. Not sure how well that’s going to go down...

Doge wrote: »
    I did indeed, and just received a generic reply with a ticket number.

The thing is I’m expecting other packages so I will need to open it up in front of the postman and send it back. Not sure how well that’s going to go down...

i'm sure they must be up to their tits there.

The courier driver came today with the package and since it was in its original box only and was a large item I could tell instantly it wasn’t mine.
    Asked him to return it. Won’t go into details of what it was obviously in case someone’s tries to fraudulently claim it on here! :pac:

All I know is that some child is going to be upset this Christmas if they don’t sort it out by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Has anyone ordered 40' inch TV and used addresspal, here? Thanks

peaceboi wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered 40' inch TV and used addresspal, here? Thanks

Why would you want to send an expensive item by an uninsured service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Not a risk I'd take, but some people seem happy enough with the exposure in their quest for a bargain.

Not a risk I'd take, but some people seem happy enough with the exposure in their quest for a bargain.

If it arrives damaged it's replaceable presumably.
    Going to be bouncing around the back of a truck anyway whoever delivers it.

• Advertisement

If it arrives damaged it's replaceable presumably.
    Going to be bouncing around the back of a truck anyway whoever delivers it.

You put AP down as the address, once AP have it that's the end of the seller liability, so if its lost between AP and the customer then who pays for it?

Advertisement