Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

my3cents wrote: »
    You put AP down as the address, once AP have it that's the end of the seller liability, so if its lost between AP and the customer then who pays for it?

You can return stuff via AP.
    If the seller gets a damaged item back it's their problem no matter where its come from.
    If it's lost it's AP's I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

kneemos wrote: »
    You can return stuff via AP.
    If the seller gets a damaged item back it's their problem no matter where its come from.
    If it's lost it's AP's I'd imagine.

AP state in their FAQ that there service is uninsured and iirc that their max liability is €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

AP state in their FAQ that there service is uninsured and iirc that their max liability is €40.

Which means yes it's replaceable, but AP won't be paying for the replacement..

If it's coming from Amazon you're pretty well covered anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

If it's coming from Amazon you're pretty well covered anyway.

No you’re not. You’re covered from when amazons courier of choice collect the package right up until it’s delivered to the Address you gave them, anything after that is out of their hands and has nothing to do with them, they’ve done their job by delivering it to Address Pal.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    No you’re not. You’re covered from when amazons courier of choice collect the package right up until it’s delivered to the Address you gave them, anything after that is out of their hands and has nothing to do with them, they’ve done their job by delivering it to Address Pal.

If an item doesn't arrive or is damaged Amazon will always refund or replace.

If an item doesn't arrive or is damaged Amazon will always refund or replace.

But the point is if it arrives at AddressPal in St Albans then it has arrived at the address that you asked Amazon to deliver to so thats Amazons side of the deal done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

But the point is if it arrives at AddressPal in St Albans then it has arrived at the address that you asked Amazon to deliver to so thats Amazons side of the deal done and dusted.

Exactly & the big problem with AP is they don't scan the item on arrival so you have no proof of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

peaceboi wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered 40' inch TV and used addresspal, here? Thanks
    I'd think you'd be right into the too-large category altogether. Not just a surcharge, but a refusal to accept it at St Albans depot.
    DPD Parcel Wizard might take it, as they're quite relaxed about size (up to a point, of course).
    I've been getting more stuff direct from Amazon, and their carriage charges to Ireland are reasonable nowadays. I've not looked at a telly from them, though.
    Might do that later.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

No way to swap it from a home delivery to a collection, no? Put in my UK Home Delivery address by accident.

What a silly way they have it setup... Such an easy oversight. I'll live but that extra 4 quid kinda negates using the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Ordered an item off amazon which arrived in St. Albans on the 15th of December and was dispatched on the 18th.

I've had no update since, just says dispatched from St. Albans when I try to track it.

Anyone have any idea how long it will take or will I give them a ring or what?

First time using AddressPal so not sure!

Ordered an item off amazon which arrived in St. Albans on the 15th of December and was dispatched on the 18th.

I've had no update since, just says dispatched from St. Albans when I try to track it.

Anyone have any idea how long it will take or will I give them a ring or what?

First time using AddressPal so not sure!

I've just checked a couple of items I got and they arrived at St Albans a couple of days before your item but I only got them just before Christmas so I don't think yours is lost yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

testicles wrote: »

Good grief!
    That's tempting fate at this time of year, with temporary staff of sometimes dubious character in the handling chain.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

Something similar happened me, it was shown as delivered to St Albans and never came to my post office, I contacted customer services and also emailed them stating what I had purchased and from where and the tracking information, a few days later an An Post rep called me saying my name was in as Mrs M and no more and the most of the number (addresspal) was also mostly missing from the label. That is why there was a delay and they then sent it on to me. It's a pity the address pal numbers are so long, it's causing a lot of problems I would think with missing parts of the numbers!!!

Give them a ring and send an email. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

I had an item arrive into St. Albans on the 16th of December.

Just received an email from An Post there today saying that the package would be out for delivery tomorrow!

I'd say there is a bit of a backlog with all the Christmas stuff being sent and with the closures for Holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Can't believe it, I have an open ticket since the 21st of Decemeber for being charged for that parcel that isn't mine, and I am STILL waiting on a response.

I tried ringing the phone number on their site only to be told that they don't have a phone number and need to be contacted by email!

Why leave the phone number up on the site then when your customer service is only going to get hammered by calls for address pal?

What a ****ing joke of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

hi guys,
    I'm waiting for one item shipped out to Ireland from USA (according to AnPost tracking) on 20th of December and on that day my card has been charged. Theres no further scans on it...and, honestly, its a first and last time when I've used them.
    Would anyone have any idea how long it might take to get small package delivered?
    Any feedback highly appreciated.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

20th December from the US with Christmas and New Years holidays since? I wouldn't expect delivery by this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭user1842

See attached my last AddressPal tracking details. Yes it is a bit slow.

They state delivered within 5 to 6 working days.

• Advertisement

user1842 wrote: »
    See attached my last AddressPal tracking details. Yes it is a bit slow.

They state delivered within 5 to 6 working days.

exactly ... thats why i wont use them again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Pete Tong

I was waiting 3 weeks for a letter to be delivered from the UK. This is time sensitive legal stuff and I very nearly missed a deadline.
    They still not have responded to a support ticket I sent them about this on 21 Dec. It not the cheapest of services either.

I would not recommend this service for time sensitive items at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Pete Tong wrote: »
    I was waiting 3 weeks for a letter to be delivered from the UK. This is time sensitive legal stuff and I very nearly missed a deadline.
    They still not have responded to a support ticket I sent them about this on 21 Dec. It not the cheapest of services either.

You used a cheap parcel forwarding service for time sensitive legal documents, really?

Tracked, insured registered post addressed to you directly is the correct service to use for such items, not a bargain service designed to cut down on the cost of international parcels.

It has arrived today thankfully! :D

€800, you are a braver man than me :o

Vic_08 wrote: »
    You used a cheap parcel forwarding service for time sensitive legal documents, really?

Tracked, insured registered post addressed to you directly is the correct service to use for such items, not a bargain service designed to cut down on the cost of international parcels.

well, AnPost promises short delivery time, tracking and is cheaper than other carriers so can't see any reason why don't use them.. mean couldn't see :) ...but it looks like whole this AddressPal thingy is an epic mess-up

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pete Tong wrote: »

You used a forwarder for sensitive legal documents?

I can't politely express a response to that

Forwarders are NOT for time sensitive items; or anything that has beyond a direct financial value under the insurance limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

I ordered something from the US using AddressPal and though the item only cost me 17.50$ inc. 10 dollars postage (a total of 27.10) I notice they declared the value to be over twice its original value of 61.59. It was a secondhand product on Ebay so it has no retail value and hasn't been on sale for over a decade. Has anybody else has this issue, addresspal making up a random value? An Post shouldn't be able to do that. Is there a way to get out of paying the wrongly declared value? If it was a high value I'd take An Post to the no claims court to reclaim my money because they're the ones providing the service so are liable for whatever their Polar Express partners do, but as it'll be a small amount I won't bother. Has anybody found a way to reclaim it from customs? The first time i used them they emailed me for the correct value but this time they didn't bother and seemed to just make up a random value off the top of their heads as they wouldn't have been able to find it on a website to get a correct retail value for it. The last time I'd use this scam of a service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I ordered something from the US using AddressPal and though the item only cost me 17.50$ inc. 10 dollars postage (a total of 27.10) I notice they declared the value to be over twice its original value of 61.59. It was a secondhand product on Ebay so it has no retail value and hasn't been on sale for over a decade. Has anybody else has this issue, addresspal making up a random value? An Post shouldn't be able to do that.

it has been mentioned a few times in this thread that they seem to price items according to its original sell value and not the value it has been just been bought at. Know one knows why they do this.

They must look up the item on google and look for its sell value.

you can reclaim from customs, go back a few pages. A few posters have encountered identical problems to you.

Advertisement