Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

it has been mentioned a few times in this thread that they seem to price items according to its original sell value and not the value it has been just been bought at. Know one knows why they do this.

They must look up the item on google and look for its sell value.

you can reclaim from customs, go back a few pages. A few posters have encountered identical problems to you.

As with me, there is no original retail value as it was only on sale 17 years ago in 2000 and hasn't been sold in shops for over 17 years so they can't get the original retail value as it's not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

thanks, I'll try to find out where the information is here for reclaiming. Fingers crossed it avoids customs altogether but I want to be prepared in case it gets hit with customs as customs will see it as 61 euros plus the 16 euros they charge which will make an otherwise cheap purchase on ebay very expensive. According to their terms and conditions, the agreement is that they are supposed to email every customer for the correct value but it seems they only honouring their terms occasionally and will try to fob customers off by saying that Polar Express isn't a company they operate so they're not liable, which in legal terms isn't true as they are the service providers and are wholly responsible for the entire protion of the service they provide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Pete Tong

Vic_08 wrote: »
    You used a cheap parcel forwarding service for time sensitive legal documents, really?

Tracked, insured registered post addressed to you directly is the correct service to use for such items, not a bargain service designed to cut down on the cost of international parcels.

Yes really. That's what I did do.
    I had to have a UK address. They would not send the information to an Irish address. So your suggestion is not the correct way to get these documents.

It does not matter if the documents are lost, only that I get them. There is no value to the documents.

I thought I'd be safe enough with this forwarding service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Pete Tong

L1011 wrote: »
    You used a forwarder for sensitive legal documents?

I can't politely express a response to that

Forwarders are NOT for time sensitive items; or anything that has beyond a direct financial value under the insurance limit.

How would you suggest I should get the documents then considering they will only post them to a UK address, other than using a forwarding service?

Yes, they have zero financial value.

Your response seems polite enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I haven't heard anything regarding my package since it was delivered to the St Albans site on the 20th of Dec. On the 21st of Dec I decided to email them just to see did they get the box but they gave me a ticket number and told me that I will hear from them soon.

I know it's a busy time of the year, but these guys are very slow compared to the other forwarding services such as parcel motel. Parcel motel delivered a few packages to me on the 28th and 29th of Dec. Whereas Addresspal seems to have shut down completely over the Christmas period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I collect all sorts of Pokemon stuff and have ordered very random stuff like Pokemon patches, figures and that sort of thing on eBay. I always get contacted by address pal and i tell them the items have no value because they are things like happy meal toys, giveaways and stuff. They always declare it at 1USD then, try to check that work them.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

I haven't heard anything regarding my package since it was delivered to the St Albans site on the 20th of Dec. On the 21st of Dec I decided to email them just to see did they get the box but they gave me a ticket number and told me that I will hear from them soon.

I know it's a busy time of the year, but these guys are very slow compared to the other forwarding services such as parcel motel. Parcel motel delivered a few packages to me on the 28th and 29th of Dec. Whereas Addresspal seems to have shut down completely over the Christmas period.

Use the phone number at the bottom of the email and call them.
    The staff there were incredibly helpful when I rang and I subsequently retrieved 2 (incorrectly addressed) parcels.
    I’d initially received a tracking email from DPD saying they had been delivered to St. Albans so assumed the delay was caused by An Post.
    However, both parcels had had a second label with someone else’s details applied by DPD, although my name was visible just above the second label. I saw the labels myself when they eventually arrived.

According to the staff at the St. Albans depot, this is not uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone know what hours the St Albans facility is open ? Amazon say they will deliver this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone know what hours the St Albans facility is open ? Amazon say they will deliver this evening.

I think St Albans shuts at 6, but that's no problem, as Amazon will just re-do it tomorrow. By this time their drivers (of whatever carrier) should know the hours of the depot.
    Much of the time it's just a paper / box-ticking time to show they've done their promised part of delivering within 48 hours or whatever. This leads to the ridiculous situation in some cases where a delivery is scheduled for a Sunday, when everybody knows the place is shut. Not a problem, because the driver knows that and the parcel never left the delivery depot until Monday morning, but the paperwork says a delivery was attempted - which is nonsense.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I think St Albans shuts at 6, but that's no problem, as Amazon will just re-do it tomorrow. By this time their drivers (of whatever carrier) should know the hours of the depot.
    Much of the time it's just a paper / box-ticking time to show they've done their promised part of delivering within 48 hours or whatever. This leads to the ridiculous situation in some cases where a delivery is scheduled for a Sunday, when everybody knows the place is shut. Not a problem, because the driver knows that and the parcel never left the delivery depot until Monday morning, but the paperwork says a delivery was attempted - which is nonsense.

Just got a message to say that it was delivered to the "Mailroom"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Signed up to addresspal and made an order from the US. Filled in the delivery details correctly including the apw number. It was only when the seller dispatched the item and FedEx tracking number i noticed it was missing the apw number. The package was delivered to the eenglishtown address last thursday. Inexpected a notification from addresspal but got none.

I raised a ticket with addresspal and I'm awaiting a reply. The value is €150 so I hope they get this sorted. The package contains my name which i provided to addresspal so it shouldn't be too hard to find my package and send it on.

@ MinnyMinx, thank u, ill ring in them in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Still no response from Address Pal since the 21st of December. I tried ringing both numbers at the end of the email but they just ring out til I’m cut off.

Any other way getting through this sh1te company without going full postal? ;)

Doge wrote: »
    Still no response from Address Pal since the 21st of December. I tried ringing both numbers at the end of the email but they just ring out til I’m cut off.

Any other way getting through this sh1te company without going full postal? ;)

haha im on hold here right now with the last 6 mins

im in the same boat as u, same timelines too

Just an update, I got through after 17 minutes of been on hold. He said I was to send a 2nd email back to them and that if they do not answer this time I am to ring him tomorrow and he will esculate it.

He also said that they were very very busy.

It gives me peace of mind that I'm not the only one in a similar situation, Sorry doge

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

A quick glance through this thread and wow, looks like addresspal are a bit of a joke. I'm using DPD Parcel Wizard since they started and find the service excellent. Certain items will not deliver to the North so addresspal looks like something they may be useful.
    Is the service really as bad as the thread portrays? Also is there any real advantage to having that US address? You are still at the mercy of customs when the item arrives in Ireland so whats the point? Any views would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pheobe3838

Ordered xmas present for boyf, was delivered to St. Albans on the 18th Dec...have courier pic to prove it, and three weeks later still not sent to my local Post Office..

Have sent multiple emails and they have ignored me..

Boyf rang them on the helpline two days ago and guy was much more helpful but still no follow up....I put correct address on the thing in the first place, have given them tracking number and pictures of items and description......

They. Are. USELESS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

pheobe3838 wrote: »
    Ordered xmas present for boyf, was delivered to St. Albans on the 18th Dec...have courier pic to prove it, and three weeks later still not sent to my local Post Office..

Have sent multiple emails and they have ignored me..

Boyf rang them on the helpline two days ago and guy was much more helpful but still no follow up....I put correct address on the thing in the first place, have given them tracking number and pictures of items and description......

They. Are. USELESS.

Did you try emailing APCS@airbusonline.com ?

When it works - and it works 99% of the time - it works well.

In my direct experience and from what I see on here and other places, the vast majority of the problems are caused by the senders not putting the customer ID code on the address. This in turn is caused by the bone-headed decision of An Post to use such a stupidly long number.
    At this time of year, with the huge upturn in the volume of mail, AP are still sorting through the backlog of mis-addressed parcels in St Albans, I've no doubt.

Thank you Mod, I will try that email address,

I've used Address Pal before with no hassle or long delay but, i'm sorry, this way of handling their backlog is brutal,

They should have responded to me at this point to ask me for a tracking number and tell me they are looking into it at least.

I'm glad I found this thread , I thought I was the only one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kevingonewest

Sad/glad to see other folk so discommoded, mine got to St.Alban's on 3rd Jan and previously would have got that here a few days ago, but am now not worried seeing other posts. Mind you my local Postmaster said his 21st Dec Addresspal order arrived last week and thought there were no particular delays, ha.

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    When it works - and it works 99% of the time - it works well.

Non existent email support hardly means it works well 99% of the time.

Have they only one person working on a computer or something?

Doge wrote: »
    Non existent email support hardly means it works well 99% of the time.

Have they only one person working on a computer or something?

<An Post>
    What are compooters?
    </AP>

That email address is the same one I used before....have now been given yet another 'ticket"....

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I ordered a small item from a company in Scotland at 11.30 pm on Monday night 8 Jan. It was delivered today Friday at 9 am, having come through St Albans, Heathrow, Portlaoise and Dundalk. Nothing very remarkable and probably a common experience. But not one which would get reported normally.

I used the deliver to home address by mistake, which is €5.99 instead of €3.75. Maybe this is subject to less delay than the collect at PO service.

has anyone been waiting on a delivery that has arrived in st Albans before Christmas not received their stuff yet? I'm in this situation, I have escalated the matter but I haven't heard anything back from them.

Finally got a reply from Address Pal today, and also the tracking number also updated to say the package I refused delivery for was delivered to Address Pal in the UK. Can’t believe it took them that long to send it back. I’d imagine the item is going back to Amazon on wherever the person purchased it from?

Here’s the email i received:
    Good Afternoon,
    Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    We will arrange for a credit to be given to you.
    Thanks
    Kind Regards
    EB

EB? Seriously? Are they using their initials so there’s no accountability or something?

Also I wonder what they mean by “credit”.
    They can stick a free stay up their arse, I want a a refund.

Is this old news?If so please delete.

Address pal now offer a USA address.
    They are also offering home delivery at very cheap rates.

I had a set of roof racks in a 1.3M box delivered to the UK address,
    they called me and said it would be 25e if they sent it to the post office or 8.9n9e to deliver it to my door!

pricing here

Weight From UK From USA
    0-2kg €5.99 €15.99
    2-5kg €6.99 €20.99
    5-10kg €8.99 €29.99
    10-15kg €9.99 €41.99
    15-20kg €12.99 €53.99

MOD Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

I was coming on here to ask a question that seems to be answered anyway.. I got a package delivered to address pal by dpd , have the email from do saying it was signed by address pal, that was Monday and no sign of it being processed at all yet.

Which I find surprising as I've got stuff last week and it went through straight away. Emailed them and no reply. Looks like I could be waiting so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Signed up for home delivery because I was ordering an item that would have been too big for the PO delivery. When you do this you must add a credit card for payment but you can not remove your credit card.

Raised a ticket with them on 21st December and have received no reply.

I object to them retaining my credit card number because it exposes you to junk mail deliveries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I'm at work at the moment so can't get on a computer to check.
    Had a delivery arrived that is deemed oversized and to set up for home delivery did that.

What do I have to do now do I ring them or email them back,?

Advertisement