Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

ei9go wrote: »
    Signed up for home delivery because I was ordering an item that would have been too big for the PO delivery. When you do this you must add a credit card for payment but you can not remove your credit card.

Raised a ticket with them on 21st December and have received no reply.

I object to them retaining my credit card number because it exposes you to junk mail deliveries.

I signed up with address pal two weeks ago, got the card. Ordered from Amazon last tuesday week, got notification from amazon my package was delivered to st albans on Thursday.
    After a few exchanges this week where I had to give screenshots of my order and confirmation of delivery I got the package wednesday after paying €7:50 in the post office for the two packages.

Now I'm left wondering what the hell they want my Card details for?:cool:

I'm going to send them a mail and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

dennispenn wrote: »
    I signed up with address pal two weeks ago, got the card. Ordered from Amazon last tuesday week, got notification from amazon my package was delivered to st albans on Thursday.
    After a few exchanges this week where I had to give screenshots of my order and confirmation of delivery I got the package wednesday after paying €7:50 in the post office for the two packages.

Also no way of closing your account on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Did you use the Home Delivery address or the PO Collect address?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Virtanen wrote: »
    Did you use the Home Delivery address or the PO Collect address?

Post Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Post Office

Adding a credit card to your account is only for Home Delivery. If you choose to have it delivered to your PO, you still have to pay for it in-store :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭4fvw6lcprxeoyq

I use addresspal from An Post, it uses a UK address and you collect it at the post office. It's €3.75 for anything up to 20kg. Usually takes 5-6 days to arrive. They also have a home delivery option for, I think, €5.99.
    It's handy since a lot of people on Amazon and Ebay won't even post to

MOD - please don’t open old threads. Also please check the stickied threads at the top of the first page. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Finally got a response from an email I sent last week, they asked me what type of package it was. That made me double check just in case I addressed it wrong to the St albans site, but no it is word for word correct, perhaps amazon left out parts such as the number I dont know. Its sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

The company that operates the service is https://www.airbusiness.com/contact

I also checked on google street view and got this link, https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Air+Business/@51.7502908,-0.2777468,3a,75y,311.77h,85.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOuqsmESzGdBEJ9BaH-jCHg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x48763c194ce23909:0xbbe5c88605a9af4d!8m2!3d51.750469!4d-0.278173

You can see An post sign on the front of the building.

The company say that if u have addresspal queries your to email addresspal.

Maybe that info may help others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pheobe3838

SIX weeks later and only after constantly badgering everyone, they have emailed me today to "process a claim", so trying to pawn me off with the forty euro for goods worth much more than that...

Boyfriend complained on their facebook page and they have now blocked him as spam....lol.....just the worst service ive ever seen....

Do they have staff in the warehouse putting goods aside to take home and hope that poor suckers will just take their "iron clad" liability of forty quid......

Signed up for home delivery because I was ordering an item that would have been too big for the PO delivery. When you do this you must add a credit card for payment but you can not remove your credit card.

Raised a ticket with them on 21st December and have received no reply.

I object to them retaining my credit card number because it exposes you to junk mail deliveries.

They finally replied and said they were unable to remove my credit card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They finally replied and said they were unable to remove my credit card number.

I think that would be interesting for Data Protection Commissioner.

They hold your private data and they're unable to remove it upon your request? Really?

• Advertisement

I got my package at my local depot, it was sitting in the depot since Christmas. They said that it didn't come with the right documentation and they couldn't process it. I saw the label on it and the address was correct word for word number for number.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I've only been using AddressPal for less than a year. I'm waiting on 2 orders, one from early last week and one this week, which I know has been delivered.
    With Parcel Motel, they at least email you when they receive the parcel, so you know to expect something. AddressPal appears to have no IT system to record and track parcels. Having to email them is a waste of everyone's time. May be time to spend a bit more and go elsewhere, because AddressPal ain't working for me.

joujoujou wrote: »
    I think that would be interesting for Data Protection Commissioner.

They hold your private data and they're unable to remove it upon your request? Really?

Already done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Finally got a response from an email I sent last week, they asked me what type of package it was. That made me double check just in case I addressed it wrong to the St albans site, but no it is word for word correct, perhaps amazon left out parts such as the number I dont know. Its sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Eu sarl
    that fellow is good. it is just as easy get it delivered to ireland of him cause he delivers to ireland & least it arrives,not like adress pal.
    Even if it costs euro or 2 more.

Eu sarl
    that fellow is good. it is just as easy get it delivered to ireland of him cause he delivers to ireland & least it arrives,not like adress pal.
    Even if it costs euro or 2 more.

This particular item was delivery to mainland Britain only. I couldn't even get it sent to Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

This particular item was delivery to mainland Britain only. I couldn't even get it sent to Northern Ireland.

kick in ******. bit of a pain then alrite. when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 logseman

I've just ordered a HomePod from Apple. After reading this thread for a while, I guess it's time to be scared :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭thebo

Did anyone have any issues getting laptop delivered from address pal?

Just ordered expensive laptop then I read the prohibited list that says lithium ion batteries.

Just worried parcel will get rejected do they notify you if parcel is rejected ðŸ˜

thebo wrote: »

Just ordered expensive laptop then I read the prohibited list that says lithium ion batteries.

Just worried parcel will get rejected do they notify you if parcel is rejected ðŸ˜

They only give you 40 Euro insurance. Shouldn't order anything expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just picked up an item today from the post office. I was expecting trouble as the DPD tracking still said it was in transit in the UK from a week earlier but got an email to say it was in the PO this morning.

Item was £110 my most expensive yet through AP but tbh I don't think I'd chance anything more expensive.

UK delivery to St Albans was free or I'd have paid £15 to Ireland so a decent enough saving with AP's €4.85 and little extra wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

thebo wrote: »

I've had over a dozen laptops delivered- along with a wide variety of computer and robotics parts- both from the US and also from the UK drops. Only issue to report was spurious valuations put on second hand products by the idiots in the US office- and An Post's take-it or leave-it approach (you can't dispute a valuation- if customs/excise is due).

The lithium ion issue- was never a problem- and many of the laptops were opened for inspection.

You are taking a chance- its up to you whether you're willing to run the risk, or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pegasus177

Questions to people who have used this service from the US.
    1st
    I just setup and registered my address pal. I intend to purchase custom PC items from the US as the savings on price are significant. (Nearly 400 euros). It says on the "pricing and sizing" section that a parcel weighting up to 10kg will cost 29.99 euros. Is that the full fee?
    Or are there hidden charges I'm missing here? Import charges etc...?
    2nd
    Where does the liability fall should I receive my items and they are damaged? I would imagine the seller is exempt once An post address pal accept the delivery in their US depot. Their FAQ about this is very vague. So what is Address pals stance on liability? I emailed them to ask and I was told " we never had any issue like that so I wouldn't worry".
    3rd
    How the hell do you enter the address and APW in Amazon? I keep getting errors regarding the street address or the zip code. What is the correct way to add the address to my Amazon account?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

1. You will have to pay import duty on top of the Address Pal fee.
    I’m not sure if anposts usual €10 handling fee is charged in addition to the import duty, can anyone verify this?

2. As for liability it would all depend on who caused the damage, and proving which company caused the damage could be difficult. If it’s was due to poor packaging amazon would be liable. Amazon are generally great to deal with when you have issues like this. If Polar Express (the company that address pal uses in the US to send the parcel to Ireland’s ) saw any physical damage to the package they should by right report it, but I’ve no idea how good they are in situations like that.
    Parcel Motel weighs each package that comes though their system so you could prove if an item was stolen coming from the UK, however I do not know if Polar Express weigh their packages.

3. Not sure what’s going wrong there, can’t you manually over ride the automatic address check amazon does with the Zipcode?

And here’s an important point, amazon US offer a global shipping option on some items that lets you pay the import duty upfront and may even be cheaper than using Address Pal. This is obviously only for items that ship to Ireland but’s it’s worth taking note.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Just wanted to let people know that I emailed Address Pal again on the 24th asking where the refund was, and they replied and I got it the next day. Finally!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Pegasus177 wrote: »
    Questions to people who have used this service from the US.
    1st
    I just setup and registered my address pal. I intend to purchase custom PC items from the US as the savings on price are significant. (Nearly 400 euros). It says on the "pricing and sizing" section that a parcel weighting up to 10kg will cost 29.99 euros. Is that the full fee?
    Or are there hidden charges I'm missing here? Import charges etc...?
    2nd
    Where does the liability fall should I receive my items and they are damaged? I would imagine the seller is exempt once An post address pal accept the delivery in their US depot. Their FAQ about this is very vague. So what is Address pals stance on liability? I emailed them to ask and I was told " we never had any issue like that so I wouldn't worry".
    3rd
    How the hell do you enter the address and APW in Amazon? I keep getting errors regarding the street address or the zip code. What is the correct way to add the address to my Amazon account?

AddressPal liability is only €40,you can’t insure it for more.
    Look back through this thread, I hey have had plenty of issues.
    When you add on the VAT is it th5 much cheaper?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

whiterebel wrote: »
    AddressPal liability is only €40,you can’t insure it for more.
    Look back through this thread, I hey have had plenty of issues.
    When you add on the VAT is it th5 much cheaper?

For PC components- you'd be hardpressed to get them cheaper from the US after the shipping, VAT, Duty, and the EUR10 processing fee- is added onto the upfront purchase price. Believe you me- I've tried. Its only of interest for items you can't get over here (for whatever reason).

The staff in the forwarding office repackage everything for global shipping- and will put a customs declaration on it- regardless of what you pay for it- and thats it- you're stuck with it. You can't dispute the valuation- until after you've collected the item and paid all the charges- and even then- An Post will tell you the issue is with Customs and Excise and to contact the Revenue Commissioners to dispute it.........

It doesn't matter what the upfront US pricetag is- seriously, it doesn't- you're not going to get amazing deals shipping them over here- you might save a few bob, nothing spectacular- or it could even work out significantly more expensive- you just don't know............

The only compelling case for using the service- is for items that are not available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The only compelling case for using the service- is for items that are not available here.
    Indeed, from what I've seen of it so far, I'm far better off sticking with using friends as a mail drop and them forwarding it for me. They don't mind, as it's only a very occasional thing.
    The initial appeal of the AnPost service was the low cost, but once you navigate your way around the labyrinthine structure that is USPS and find the low cost shipping, it's easy to do.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

I have signed up to address pal because I like the American address.

Is this similar to parcelmotel and all is OK if you have your APW anywhere in the address?

I'm currently adding my US address into an account and not sure if I'm doing things correctly.

Going from the address pal my address is APW xxxxxxx, street address. I could add the APW in the first line, but then I can't add the street address. So I'm adding the street address in the first line and then the APW in the Apt #. Would this be OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

I had a parcel refused last week. No email from addresspal or any correspondence. Has anyone had this issue?
    Did yuou get it resolved??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

morphman wrote: »
    I had a parcel refused last week. No email from addresspal or any correspondence. Has anyone had this issue?
    Did yuou get it resolved??

You don't even know that the item was refused. It could just as easily be a driver that couldn't be bothered to wait for a signature.

Was there a reason given for the "refusal"?

All you can do is try and sort out the problem with the seller.

Advertisement