Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

morphman wrote: »
    I had a parcel refused last week. No email from addresspal or any correspondence. Has anyone had this issue?
    Did yuou get it resolved??
    I'm currently waiting on the resolution of an issue, going on a month now.
    No word on if the items were refused, no word on anything.
    They've gone missing between Amazon and addresspal.
    I've contacted both, Amazon said the items got to it's destination, addresspal saying they've no record of the items getting to the Warehouse.
    The customer care from addresspal has been terrible, I've contacted them on each occasion looking for updates.
    The last time I heard from them was 3 days ago.
    Not sure what to do from here.

Edit : I emailed addresspal earlier asking for an update and they've just replied to me.
    It was a snide reply to an email I sent on Friday about the restricted delivery list.
    No update.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Started using AddressPal last year but have ParcelMotel account also. AddressPal useful for the odd vendor that absolutely require a mainland UK address for free delivery (or reduced delivery).

Various problems with AddressPal from
    1. packages for others being sent to me
    2. notifications received that packages were ready for collection (even though I wasn't expecting anything) and it transpiring that nothing was awaiting collection at all (surprise)
    3. failure to notify me of items sitting waiting for collection in local PO

I've taken calls from AddressPal when number 1 above was an issue, and each time I returned the received item to the local PO...time out of my day (plus I didn't charge them for the delivery!)

But the last issue is the final straw. In a nutshell, item went missing in AP system for over month. Finally turned up but not before I order expensive replacement. Too late to send orig item back to vendor. AP can't tell me what will happen item if sent back.
    5 phone calls (very long waits), 8+ emails. Last email I sent was a request for official complaints address, a note of what I expected to happen to resolve and a cursory mention of the small claims court. Nothing.

Package going missing wasn't good but it happens, dealing with customer service is way worse. They've won, I'm out. Doing the Irish thing of having a rant and moving on.

The last email I sent I asked for a direct phone number, someone I could get some info from.

I was blown off with the thicket number stock reply. (raised in our system as ticket no ******)

That's happened twice.

Anyone any suggestions what I could do, I've paid for items I've not received.

Started using AddressPal last year but have ParcelMotel account also. AddressPal useful for the odd vendor that absolutely require a mainland UK address for free delivery (or reduced delivery).

Various problems with AddressPal from
    1. packages for others being sent to me
    2. notifications received that packages were ready for collection (even though I wasn't expecting anything) and it transpiring that nothing was awaiting collection at all (surprise)
    3. failure to notify me of items sitting waiting for collection in local PO

I've taken calls from AddressPal when number 1 above was an issue, and each time I returned the received item to the local PO...time out of my day (plus I didn't charge them for the delivery!)

But the last issue is the final straw. In a nutshell, item went missing in AP system for over month. Finally turned up but not before I order expensive replacement. Too late to send orig item back to vendor. AP can't tell me what will happen item if sent back.
    5 phone calls (very long waits), 8+ emails. Last email I sent was a request for official complaints address, a note of what I expected to happen to resolve and a cursory mention of the small claims court. Nothing.

Package going missing wasn't good but it happens, dealing with customer service is way worse. They've won, I'm out. Doing the Irish thing of having a rant and moving on.
    Have you still got the number you rang?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Have you still got the number you rang?

Got the details from here.
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/contact-us

On one call the customer rep. indicated that they were gathering all the details of my issue and would forward to the AddressPal rep. It was as if I was speaking to someone at the front desk who would pass on the message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

On one call the customer rep. indicated that they were gathering all the details of my issue and would forward to the AddressPal rep. It was as if I was speaking to someone at the front desk who would pass on the message.

It may help to call the Portlaoise sorting hub, as that's who were dealing with my Address Pal queries in the early days.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I ordered the items about a month ago, two weeks ago I contacted addresspal and Amazon.
    How does it take two weeks and counting to deal with an issue.
    Has left a sour taste in the mouth as far as using addresspal again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

First time using address pal. It was delivered yesterday to the American addresspal address in new Jersey, I think. Received an email today from an post to say they received the parcel today. That's not bad, one day from America to here. Still waiting on the parcel but that shouldn't be too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

First time using address pal. It was delivered yesterday to the American addresspal address in new Jersey, I think. Received an email today from an post to say they received the parcel today. That's not bad, one day from America to here. Still waiting on the parcel but that shouldn't be too long.

dont get too excited, the email states that they've received it into US facility :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

dont get too excited, the email states that they've received it into US facility :)

Yes, you are correct. Thanks. Another 5 or 6 days to be delivered, that's what it said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

First time using the USA service Ordered the item on Feb 2nd arrived on Feb 9th to sorting facility and arrived one week later. Great service for those hard to find items.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

my3cents wrote:
    You don't even know that the item was refused. It could just as easily be a driver that couldn't be bothered to wait for a signature.

my3cents wrote:
    Was there a reason given for the "refusal"?

my3cents wrote:
    All you can do is try and sort out the problem with the seller.

I have had to make alternative arrangements but that does not excuse the extremely poor customer service.
    Once I had confirmed the dimensions were ok and that the item was not on the list of restricted items they have ceased returning emails.
    Now as you say the driver may not have waited for a signature which is fair enough but you would think that addresspal would try and sort the problem.

Same with me, not returning emails. I've just discovered the addresspal address I'm my Amazon account has been changed somehow.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    First time using the USA service Ordered the item on Feb 2nd arrived on Feb 9th to sorting facility and arrived one week later. Great service for those hard to find items.

looks like you've got lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

How long does address pal take to deliver from UK? Item I ordered was posted on Saturday, thought I might have it today....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Are all these emails really necessary for one package?
    Can't find anywhere on my account to disable email notifications either. Only the SMS ones.

P1qxF9J.png

Do you get an email when it arrives into the UK depot? Or just an email when it's in your local post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

toby2111 wrote: »
    Do you get an email when it arrives into the UK depot? Or just an email when it's in your local post office?

When it's in your local post office.

Cheers,hopefully its there tomorrow

How long does address pal take to deliver from UK? Item I ordered was posted on Saturday, thought I might have it today....

hi,
    why don't you use Parcel Wizard instead? it costs 3.85 only delivered to you next day after they'll receive it in their depot up the north

• Advertisement

hi,
    why don't you use Parcel Wizard instead? it costs 3.85 only delivered to you next day after they'll receive it in their depot up the north

Yep, I'll use PW in future. I ordered 2 items last Saturday. PW item arrived Wednesday, address pal item arrived today.... Though seller didn't put my address pal number which probably slowed it down.

Yep, I'll use PW in future. I ordered 2 items last Saturday. PW item arrived Wednesday, address pal item arrived today.... Though seller didn't put my address pal number which probably slowed it down.

yeah, but still better than AddressPal :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Masala

Looking at a Perfume on Amazon.co.uk but they won't post to Ireland

If I use AddressPal .... would An Post deliver same ??

There seems to be a reluctance to transport Perfume... so don't want it confiscated in St. Albans and end up being money down and no Perfume!!

Anyone ever get Perfume thru AddressPal??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Masala wrote: »
    Looking at a Perfume on Amazon.co.uk but they won't post to Ireland

If I use AddressPal .... would An Post deliver same ??

There seems to be a reluctance to transport Perfume... so don't want it confiscated in St. Albans and end up being money down and no Perfume!!

Anyone ever get Perfume thru AddressPal??

I've just included the list of prohibited items from the AddressPal website on the first post in this thread, which includes flammable liquids. AddressPal would probably refuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Bit confused by the US pricing and hope someone who has used the US service can advise, I've searched through previous posts but couldn't find definitive answer on the handling fee.

I want to order an item that costs $45 incl sales tax. Am I right in thinking that An Post will charge €10 handling fee plus €15.99 delivery on top of the 23% VAT that customs will charge?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

ahbell wrote: »
    Bit confused by the US pricing and hope someone who has used the US service can advise, I've searched through previous posts but couldn't find definitive answer on the handling fee.

I want to order an item that costs $45 incl sales tax. Am I right in thinking that An Post will charge €10 handling fee plus €15.99 delivery on top of the 23% VAT that customs will charge?

Thanks

Used to USA service just recently I only paid the €15.99 delivery no handling fee or customs charge. Maybe I was lucky and they forgot about handling fee and customs charge

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ahbell wrote: »

Thanks

According to their FAQs it looks like it is extra payment when customs clearance is necessary.

<SNIP>. My question is if an post refuse to deliver it to me where does the item end up? Does it just stay at the uk address? And lastly do I get notified at all if it was rejected etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

<SNIP>

Might be a good idea if you read the first post - the one that the Mod Warning in the title of the thread refers to.
    If they rejected it, you might hear from the seller; AP won't tell you.
    Then again, you might not.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Might be a good idea if you read the first post - the one that the Mod Warning in the title of the thread refers to.
    If they rejected it, you might hear from the seller; AP won't tell you.
    Then again, you might not.
    Thanks Dan Jaman, my bad for not reading Mod warning

Advertisement