Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Does anyone know if you can deliver to an addressspal Irish address. I just want to be able to collect from the post office without it going to the house first.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Is whatever you ordered of high value? Because if it is many other posters have had similar problems with deliveries of high value items through AP.

Its a replacement screen for a Samung Galaxy S8 that I purchased ( Around 150 pounds) Perhaps some chancer thought it was a full phone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

swingking wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can deliver to an addressspal Irish address. I just want to be able to collect from the post office without it going to the house first.

When you register for Addresspal you can select delivery to your local post office or your home address, if you choose post office it won't go to you house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I can't fault them much of late

Ordered 5 different packages from 3 different sellers on Amazon, from 11th-15th. All were delivered to my local PO from 16th-22nd

Only minor gripe is the delay between when they get scanned and when I get the notification. All five packages were scanned around 5pm, but I didn't get the text about them until 5.40pm, after they closed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

gerard2210 wrote: »
    When you register for Addresspal you can select delivery to your local post office or your home address, if you choose post office it won't go to you house.

I think home delivery is only option for US parcels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I think home delivery is only option for US parcels?[/quote]

They do home delivery on U.K parcels now costs 5.95 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

gerard2210 wrote: »
    I think home delivery is only option for US parcels?

They do home delivery on U.K parcels now costs 5.95 or something like that.[/quote]

Yes I meant more that post office delivery isn't option for US? Would suit me if it was

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Virtanen wrote: »
    I can't fault them much of late

Ordered 5 different packages from 3 different sellers on Amazon, from 11th-15th. All were delivered to my local PO from 16th-22nd

Only minor gripe is the delay between when they get scanned and when I get the notification. All five packages were scanned around 5pm, but I didn't get the text about them until 5.40pm, after they closed

Same here, only issue I had in the 15 deliveries or so I have had is a completely sodden package of 700 mm length (TV wall bracket). The cardboard was literally falling of it as I picked it up, don't know if it were Addresspal or the courier to deliver it may have dropped it in the snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

amazon uk womnt let me add my address pal address?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone else notice the address pal website has been down about a week now? I presume it's not affecting services?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the address pal website has been down about a week now? I presume it's not affecting services?

It`s working fine for me. Are you sure the problem is not with your device settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

It`s working fine for me. Are you sure the problem is not with your device settings?

Thanks for the reply,it works on my android tablet but not in my android phone. Turns out the mobile site says the address pal service is unavailable, easily remedied by hitting Request desktop site in chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I need to get two iPhones delivered to Ireland from the US- I'm aware I'll have to pay customs for this but whats my best way of doing this? They're two iPhone Xs and the first delivery from my phone provider in the US says the package is 1lb. Could I use AppressPal to get it sent here or am I crazy- should I use something like Fedex or UPS instead? I've been abroad for the last few years so don't know much about AddressPal or what its reputation is like.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I need to get two iPhones delivered to Ireland from the US- I'm aware I'll have to pay customs for this but whats my best way of doing this? They're two iPhone Xs and the first delivery from my phone provider in the US says the package is 1lb. Could I use AppressPal to get it sent here or am I crazy- should I use something like Fedex or UPS instead? I've been abroad for the last few years so don't know much about AddressPal or what its reputation is like.

Thanks

Forget AddressPal, they will only cover up to a value of €40. The value of the X's will be massive, so adding in another €100 to ship via express couriers will also have to be added to the Value for VAT. Add in insurance. Also allow for 2.5% service charge for customs clearance with a minimum of €15.

Are you sure it wouldn't be easier/cheaper to source them here? You'll probably pay as much as you'd pay here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Yeah it was buy one get one free that I got on it so def wouldn't come close here. I was over there last week and a mess up with Fedexs delivery meant that I missed bringing them home myself while I was there. Fedex it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Almost 2 weeks since my item went missing and all they say is they’re looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭filmifan

My first time using AddressPal, especially as two friends and my husband have all used it and there've been no problems for them in receiving items they've ordered/purchased from UK websites.

Last Wednesday, the 28th of March, I ordered some art supplies from a UK-based art supply shop (I've ordered from them many times before this time, and there's never been any problems from their end).

On Thursday, the 29th of March, I checked the status of the order, and, along with my customer reference number, it states that it has been shipped on the 29th.

So...fast forward to today, the 4th of April. No text from AnPost telling me that my parcel has arrived. Checked with art supply shop in the UK, and they told me that it was definitely shipped from their local post office, using Royal Mail (as per usual for all their parcels).

Given that it was Good Friday as well as Easter Monday this past week/weekend, am I getting anxious a bit too early by thinking that AddressPal might've messed up somewhere along the way with my parcel? I thought that, even with it being a religious as well bank holiday last week, that the parcel would've arrived at my local post office by this time (Wednesday).

Advice would be most welcomed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Any time that 1 Have used AddressPal, it has taken 4 working days to get to my local. Given the week-end that it was, I would say give it until tomorrow at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Same here - an item I expected to be cleared through St Albans was signed for but AP hadn't notified me it was charged for yet (direct delivery). I just got notification an hour ago, so all's well. Delays caused by the backlog of the holidays.
    I was slightly concerned that the parcel might be kicking around for a while, as the sender seemed to have missed off my AP customer number on the notification of postage.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Thanks very much, Riva10 and Dan Jaman. I'm hoping that the long holiday weekend this past week is the reason for the (at the moment) slight delay.

I've already contacted both the UK on-line shop as well as AddressPal's/Air Business's customer service department via email, and so both are now aware that I'm expecting the parcel.

Hopefully, I'll have some good news before this week is over.

Here's hoping. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Just got message from Anpost that my item is ready for collection. It was delivered in St Albans UK on 29/3. 2 Bank holidays in between so 4 working days in total... It is slow , but at least it is within the range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

If a parce despatched from New Jersey yesterday, what’s the likelihood it will reach me before next Friday? The last few times I’ve used AP for US purchases it’s taken nearly 10 working days. Kinda hoping this hurries up and arrives before my holiday :V

Delighted for you, Happy Harry.

I can now happily say the same - I got a text this morning from my AddressPal also, telling me that my parcel is there at my local post office and is waiting for me there to collect it. :)

So, all's well that ends well. I worried for nothing - it was the back to back Good Friday/Easter Monday/bank holiday post office closure that caused the backlog and delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

If a parce despatched from New Jersey yesterday, what’s the likelihood it will reach me before next Friday? The last few times I’ve used AP for US purchases it’s taken nearly 10 working days. Kinda hoping this hurries up and arrives before my holiday :V

Had two parcels this week from New Jersey and took four working days to arrive to my house so its possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Does addresspal do deliveries to Spain, I have to return a gear best item and the address is in Spain, what are my options does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Does addresspal do deliveries to Spain, I have to return a gear best item and the address is in Spain, what are my options does anyone know?
    1. How do I return an AddressPal item?

• The AddressPal service does not cover return of items back to a retailer
      • Should you wish to return an item, you can do so by visiting your local Post Office and paying the applicable fee

Just to offer some hope to people a item i ordered from Wish start of Dec & was never delivered & was lost & got refunded for Near end of Jan Wasnt i suprised when i got a package @ the start of April & it was the item i had ordered over over 4 months ago :eek::eek::D:D:D might be some hope if u ever lose an item dont know who delivered it though was left outside the door. (i didnt use address pal )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Had two parcels this week from New Jersey and took four working days to arrive to my house so its possible.

Is addresspal not delivered to the post office and not your house.?

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Is addresspal not delivered to the post office and not your house.?
    the new thing now is you can get it sent to your house for extra

here look
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

the new thing now is you can get it sent to your house for extra

here look
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

Thanks, I forgot I got that massage as most stuff I order won't fit in letter box.

But it is handy. :)

Advertisement