Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Used the US service for the first and second times (simultaneously, really). Not impressed. The first parcel got to me with no hassle and quickly. The tracking on the second one said it was delivered to the Addresspal NJ address on 16 August. I still have received no notice that it's been received. I rang the number on the card and was told to send an email. Two separate emails to addrespalsupport@anpost.ie have gone unanswered.

If you're running a service like this, it'd better run like clockwork and, if it doesn't, you'd better have some customer service to deal with it. This service obviously doesn't run like clockwork and the customer service is appalling. Meanwhile, I'm out the cost of the item itself plus shipping within the US to NJ. I can't ask for a refund because it's been delivered. It just hasn't been delivered to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Used the US service for the first and second times (simultaneously, really). Not impressed. The first parcel got to me with no hassle and quickly. The tracking on the second one said it was delivered to the Addresspal NJ address on 16 August. I still have received no notice that it's been received. I rang the number on the card and was told to send an email. Two separate emails to addrespalsupport@anpost.ie have gone unanswered.

If you're running a service like this, it'd better run like clockwork and, if it doesn't, you'd better have some customer service to deal with it. This service obviously doesn't run like clockwork and the customer service is appalling. Meanwhile, I'm out the cost of the item itself plus shipping within the US to NJ. I can't ask for a refund because it's been delivered. It just hasn't been delivered to me.
    Might it be tied up in customs?

KOR101 wrote: »
    Might it be tied up in customs?

Possible. But given that that is always a possibility, surely AddressPal ought to have figured out the need for communication in such cases. Basically my parcel went into a black hole: I know it was delivered but know nothing else about it or whether I'll ever see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

I'm a regular user of addresspal but to date it's for UK online shopping.

There was something in America I was eyeing up that had no delivery to Ireland. I upgraded my addresspal account last week to home delivery and the US delivery.

I did the online shopping from the American girl shop website. At checkout it gave a few different delivery options.
    Option 1 free
    Option 2 - 3 day service for 15 dollars
    Option 3 - a quicker delivery for more dollars. I went with the 3 day option.

It was despatched on Thursday so I reckon my parcel should get into the American Depot by today.

What happens from here on in? Do I get a notification when it's gets to NJ?

How long does it take to get to Ireland? Would I get a notification when it gets to Ireland? If customs take control, how long would it take there?

It's a birthday present for the end of September. Hopefully I will get it on time.

I'm sorry to read that. I hope it turns up.

• Advertisement

I checked my online account with the shop I ordered from from the US. I Chet tracking earlier. Shipping was with FedEx. It said out for delivery today to Englishtown.

I checked there again and it said delivered and signed for by an intitial. followed by more letters. I presume that's a name. Usually when I buy from the UK and tracking is available it's usually signed for by adpal or something.

I checked the previous page on this thread. I couldn't check it all because it's so long. In the previous page a poster said, you get notified by address pal or account is updated or something like that.

I checked my email and also my address pal account and there's nothing there to say they have a package for me. I know it was only delivered a little over an hour ago and it's still early.

Should I have received a notification by now. I'm worried - what if it went to a wrong building or something like that. I definitely had the adt correct - 5 main Street. Hopefully I will get something over the next few more hours. I will check online banking to see if the fee has been taken out from my account.

For those who order from the US before and used addresspal and had tracking and a signature - what signature or letters did you get. For me, mine begins with and R.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Bought a baseball cap off a website and used Addresspal,
    Edit note: (company I bought off only shipped to US or Canada. Hence why I had to use Addresspal.

Baseball Cap - $27.95 / €24
    Shipping to NJ (Addresspal) - $4.82 / €4
    Shipping from NJ to Ireland incl. import fees - $18 / €15

in total this cap cost me $50.77 / €43.88

was it worth all that money? Not really... however, I took a chance and it was my first time using Addresspal. I got an email from Addresspal when it arrived at their hub before shipping to me saying the seller never included any info on what item was or weight and value, I told them it was a cap worth $11. I still got caught for import fees. So, It doesn't matter how light or the value of the item is, you still pay a base price for import. (already knew this) I just figured I'd see how it went and chanced buying something and see what the end price was exactly. Overall not impressed with it! Handy if there's something you desperately want from the states but I wouldn't be using it for small cheap stuff of little value!

did you buy via fansedge/fanatics?

Ordered from Fansedge and they dispatched 13 items in 5 different lots, 1 had arrived, 1 is in portlaoise.

The others have been received in NJ, but have gotten emails saying "let us know costs etc" so havent gotten anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

why do everytime i read address pal posts i see only issues, was recently thinking of registering for US address as some items i need dont ship outside but looking trough feedback and options found it basically works out close to same if buying inside eu, even amazon upgraded to option now where they pay any tax duties in advance and parcel flies through customs eliminating extra wait times.

Anyway bsically posting this as theres a lot of items in US that i need that would fall into free delivery shipping within US and 10-20$ range, if going with address pal how much would i pay on top for using their service, since think last seeing on site it was smth like 7.50 home delivery that put me off.

All is well, thank goodness (so far). Got an email from address pal saying item was accepted at New Jersey and the fee taken out from my account and delivery will be 5 to 6 days. Hopefully all will go well from here on in and I get my order next week.
    If it's stopped by customs when it gets into Ireland, I suspect there will be a delay. I calculated customs to come up to under 25 euro so hopefully it will stay at that and duty isn't added. My goods were 123 dollars and in euro 107 euro. I understand an post charges a fee for processing customs. All in all, if it stays at them sums, I'm delighted.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, I've "escalated" by writing to An Post customer service to the attention of a particular person. I've still heard nothing. Now coming up on a month since my parcel was received in NJ and I know nothing about it other than that I've paid for it but don't have it.

I got an email today from an post with an update on tracking saying that item was delivered to portloaise. I checked tracking and it said item is in transit and then item sent to customs. I suspect there will be a delay there for a few days.

So hopefully custom charges will be correct and I don't get slapped with a duty tax too. My goods plus delivery is well under 150 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Got an email from AP, using a new address for UK deliveries from October 1st

APXXXXXX
    AddressPal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    Hatfield
    AL10 9WN
    UK

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Virtanen wrote: »

APXXXXXX
    AddressPal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    Hatfield
    AL10 9WN
    UK

Got the same e-mail- thats nice- its only APW XXXXXX
    The much longer number was an absolute nightmare to get people to put on packages!

So- someone somewhere was listening- and they shortened the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Virtanen wrote: »

APXXXXXX
    AddressPal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    Hatfield
    AL10 9WN
    UK

Got the same e-mail- thats nice- its only APW XXXXXX
    The much longer number was an absolute nightmare to get people to put on packages!

So- someone somewhere was listening- and they shortened the numbers?

Is the shorter number not just for home delivery, the longer number is still required for post office pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

They say in the e-mail "Your unique AddressPal number will stay the same" however it is different than on my account

and it is:

AP XXXXXXXXXXXXX on mine (still 14 long):eek:

It still is an awful address, having to put AddressPal, The Beacon, Mosquito Way all on one line on Amazon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Arrghhhh a second e-mail has arrived- with a different number on it............
    Why am I not surprised.........
    Ordering using this service is a bit like Russian Roulette..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just search by post code. Once you have that + your AP number it will get delivered.

What do you mean Mr.S?

On Royal mail the address for that postcode is:

Addresspal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    HATFIELD
    AL10 9WN

There are 2 fields on Amazon

So the AP number has to go on on the second line and

Addresspal, The Beacon, Mosquito Way goes on the first line (possible to leave out AddressPal i guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Can this new address be used now?

Or what happens if I order an item near the end of September using old address knowing it won't get delivered until October??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

rocksolid wrote: »

Or what happens if I order an item near the end of September using old address knowing it won't get delivered until October??

Only use it from the 1st October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

So if I use the old address to order an item say on the 30th september, it will still get delivered to addresspal at the old address in October?

So if I use the old address to order an item say on the 30th september, it will still get delivered to addresspal at the old address in October?
    Although maybe Amazon will deliberately delay your delivery (trying to 'encourage' you onto Prime) and you'll get into a tangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

KOR101 wrote: »
    Although maybe Amazon will deliberately delay your delivery (trying to 'encourage' you onto Prime) and you'll get into a tangle.

I would assume that there will be a phaseover period where items will still be accepted at the old address.

It can hardly cut-off on 12 midnight on October 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

paddy19 wrote: »
    I would assume that there will be a phaseover period where items will still be accepted at the old address.

It can hardly cut-off on 12 midnight on October 1.

Exactly. They will have a few weeks a least where the old address will be forwarding to the new one.

martyoo wrote: »
    Exactly. They will have a few weeks a least where the old address will be forwarding to the new one.
    Oh, I was being sarcastic, but I did have one amazon delivery recently that took 6 weeks to dispatch. The initial delivery estimates when you're making a purchase have become a nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Uk Addresspal seems to be getting slower. Packages used to arrive earlier than I expected, now they are slower.

Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Discodog wrote: »
    Uk Addresspal seems to be getting slower. Packages used to arrive earlier than I expected, now they are slower.

Anyone else notice this?

Dont forget it is starting to come up to xmas season & more & more people are using online shopping & starting earlier every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Maybe they've stumped up the the £6 for redirection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It should be okay from the 17th but older address is probably safer as their could be teething issues.

461026.JPG

• Advertisement

The stuff I ordered from America the week before last and delivered to the American addresspal depot last week arrived for me today. I will say I'm delighted with my purchases and with addresspal and glad it all went well for me because reading here there are a few people who run into issues and disappointing ones at that with stuff being delivered. I very rarely have cash in my wallet nowadays because I use card more often than not. Amazingly I had the correct amount of money for paying the customs to the postman.

As happy as I am with all this, I definitely won't be ordering much if anything else again from America. The costs all add up. For example with me my purchases and American delivery came up to under 108 euro. Then there was the address pal fee of 15.99. Then the customs tax which came up to under 24 euro. Then An post charge for handling the customs charge.

If I was to order from America it would only have to be for something I desperately want and if I can't source similar or an alternative here at home or the UK or Europe.

Advertisement