Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Updating the ebay and Amazon accounts with the new AP addresses, it was a lot easier this time than the first time around. Amazon in particular seem to know of the existence of AP now, and their suggested address is pretty much bang-on.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Yesterday I had to authorise a new payment card, so made sure all that I had to do on the old card was done and dusted before enabling the new one.
    Five minutes later, AP send me a text about non-payment. Jeez, bad timing or what?
    No problem, I thought, I can simply enter my new card details as I had planned to do and tell them to re-present.
    Only, I can't quite do that. The parcel has gone into 'Special' mode where it will languish for three working days before re-presenting for payment and I cannot instruct them to re-present manually (or automatically).
    FFS, it's a trivial matter to code a re-present instruction in, as a matter of course.
    Some total monkey did their coding, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Yesterday I had to authorise a new payment card, so made sure all that I had to do on the old card was done and dusted before enabling the new one.
    Five minutes later, AP send me a text about non-payment. Jeez, bad timing or what?
    No problem, I thought, I can simply enter my new card details as I had planned to do and tell them to re-present.
    Only, I can't quite do that. The parcel has gone into 'Special' mode where it will languish for three working days before re-presenting for payment and I cannot instruct them to re-present manually (or automatically).
    FFS, it's a trivial matter to code a re-present instruction in, as a matter of course.
    Some total monkey did their coding, that's for sure.

Its a funny system, I have two items brought using AP UK and they both worked fine, APUS however have sent me 6 emails saying that my card was declined.
    I can't understand whats going on with their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Ordered something on 24th Sept to old address. It got delayed in transit and was only delivered today to the old address. I hope they are still taking parcels there for time being otherwise I will be losing big.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

dan786 wrote: »
    Ordered something on 24th Sept to old address. It got delayed in transit and was only delivered today to the old address. I hope they are still taking parcels there for time being otherwise I will be losing big.

Contact them via e-mail or phone... I found them very helpful and contactable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Contact them via e-mail or phone... I found them very helpful and contactable..

Emailed them, took 10 mins to get a response. The item was forwarded to the new address from the old an hour ago and will be in Ireland in 3-5 working days. Impressed with the speed of the response.

dan786 wrote: »
    Emailed them, took 10 mins to get a response. The item was forwarded to the new address from the old an hour ago and will be in Ireland in 3-5 working days. Impressed with the speed of the response.

Most of the time, my biggest crib with service providers is delay in response. Even if they really fcuk up, if I can get a reasonable response in a quick turnaround, I'll forgive most mistakes. Its when companies simply ignore my e-mails that I lose it.

In this regard, I have found AddressPal very good so far. A bit like Parcel Motel in its very early days (there was a lady there who was brilliant) but not so much nowadays. Anyway, glad you got sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

i went to buy something on ebay.co.uk and have the addresspal set up as my address on ebay,but when i try to pay by credit card it won,t go true.
    is this because my credit cards address is my irish address and different from the addresspal?,any help please.

bassy wrote: »
    i went to buy something on ebay.co.uk and have the addresspal set up as my address on ebay,but when i try to pay by credit card it won,t go true.
    is this because my credit cards address is my irish address and different from the addresspal?,any help please.

I would recommend that you set up a Paypal account rather than using the credit card. That works all the time for me...

I would recommend that you set up a Paypal account rather than using the credit card. That works all the time for me...

and is it ok to use your irish address on paypal in regards to ebay and using addresspal?.

• Advertisement

just created a paypal account and added my credit card to my paypal,and bought the item on ebay.co.uk through paypal :)

bassy wrote: »
    just created a paypal account and added my credit card to my paypal,and bought the item on ebay.co.uk through paypal :)

Good Stuff! Jaze, that didn't take long for a Paypal account setup...

Good Stuff! Jaze, that didn't take long for a Paypal account setup...

i had a paypal account already and never used it,so just logged in to it and it did the job,thanks for your replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

Is there a way of returning an unwanted item to Amazon free?

Could I setup a return with another item that was shipped direct to Ireland and use that address label?

I presume the address label for an addresspal order will only work in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Could I setup a return with another item that was shipped direct to Ireland and use that address label?

The barcode on the label that is produced for the returns procedure is linked to the item that is being returned.

my3cents wrote: »
    The barcode on the label that is produced for the returns procedure is linked to the item that is being returned.

Ya I meant to add switch the barcode too

Setup 2 returns but only return the addresspal item

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

you can return it through parcelmotel, they drop it to royalmail in the uk, usually what i do is chat with a amazon rep and they give me a return slip from the republic or sometimes they just credit my account, amazon customercare is the best

you can return it through parcelmotel, they drop it to royalmail in the uk, usually what i do is chat with a amazon rep and they give me a return slip from the republic or sometimes they just credit my account, amazon customercare is the best

Can you return addresspal items through parcel motel?

How does that work

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Contact Amazon customer care- tell them you're in Ireland and want a local return label, please and thankyou........

They'll send you an e-mail with an address label that you print for free return to an Amazon pickup address (think its in Citywest from memory). You don't have to send it back to the UK- the return address- is local.

• Advertisement

Just don't see the point in it. It offers nothing PM does not offer and even less. If you know something is too big on PM now you can get it redirected to anywhere in the country.

Advantage Addresspal they not so an@l over parcel size

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Thammer wrote: »
    I've an item missing at the post office end

Is the claim process straightforward?

I see the max is40 euro

Thammer, I had a delivery of some window lock handles from the UK 2 weeks ago via AddressPal. The local postie delivered it on the 8th October, with a rip in the packaging but no mention of same. I came home a few hours later and discovered the hole in the bag and lockable window handles with no keys and half of the screw covers missing. With no keys they are unusable as the handles could be easily locked after installation and then I couldn't unlock the windows (never mind half of the screws would be visible and my wife would NOT be happy).

So I looked up the AddressPal support number on the An Post website and rang them. After nearly 10 minutes on hold I got through to a human who told me this was the wrong number and gave me a different one (BTW, I have informed them in writing of the website error - two weeks later it still stands).

I rang the new number, waited another 5 minutes and registered my complaint. I was subsequently asked to send photos of the packaging and items. All of this happened within an hour. I sent all the photos and decided to check my driveway - I found one of the screw covers but no keys (I stopped looking after about 50 metres). They had obviously dropped out of the packaging as the postie walked towards my house (the keys were probably at the bottom of their bag). I took a photo of the item on the ground and sent it to AddressPal, along with the other photos. They later asked for copies of the invoices and packing slip which I sent immediately.

At no point was the claim process, timelines or anything else explained. They asked for information in dribs and drabs. At no stage (until today) has AddressPal sent me any information or meangingful updates (other than "we are processing your claim") since the 8th without me chasing them first.

There are 20+ emails in the chain so far (I am persistent and hate poor service). Today they contacted me after making various statements and promises (yesterday - I insisted that a supervisor call me) to say they were asked to provide information on the local delivery (they confirmed in the call yesterday that that was the first thing they checked)? They are just stalling and it leads me to believe that An Post has sub-contracted substantial elements of the business and have not got a smooth claims process. They probably changed their sub-contractor when they changed the UK delivery address.

Legally, my contract is with AddressPal and their SLA is 10 days on claims. They are stalling, telling me of internal processes and issues, none of which has any bearing on their contractual obligations.

IMHO, AdressPal is several organisations, who supposedly work together to provide the service. If it works, it works and great. But if it goes wrong they do not have a proper process in place to sort things out. They don't keep clients meaningfully updated. They don't explain the process at any stage. They even gave me the wrong address to escalate to the Irish team!

I will never use AddressPal again.

Its a typical semi-state unaccountable fustercluck!

I hope you fair better than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

I used Address Pal for the first time last week to order a few items. Received one items and still waiting on the others. I find it a lot slower than ParcelMotel. Got notification from the courier that my package was delivered to the AP address in the UK and a week later still no sign of of it here.

Think I will go back to using Parcel Motel and just use AP if it is a large item.

Bought a small item on ebay a week ago today and have,nt had any word from anybody about it,apart from ebay saying it was dispatched last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

When you choose standard delivery I find it can take a week or more to get your stuff sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

danjo-xx wrote: »
    When you choose standard delivery I find it can take a week or more to get your stuff sometimes.

Addresspal consolidate their shipments so it depends on when your delivery hits the UK depot.

They claim 4 to 5 working days which of course seems longer if over a weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

danjo-xx wrote: »

Indeed this is true. I ordered some items from Amazon on 17th October, they were delivered to the UK address last Saturday, the 20th and arrived in my local PO this morning.

if they did the tracking from the date of drop off id use them all the time, if i have a problem i email and they are quick to reply and very helpful. Also they not so stupid about sizes like parcel motel is, i bought a coffee machine, was tiny and guy put in a huge box cost me 10 euros for machine, parcelmotel hit me for 16.50 for it. currently im waiting on a parcel from parcelmotel its been in the system since thr 18th, ive been told last two days it would be delivered but still hasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone know the opening hours of the UK depot? They missed my package yesterday, hopefully the bank holiday here doesn't mean it's closed on Monday

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    Anyone know the opening hours of the UK depot? They missed my package yesterday, hopefully the bank holiday here doesn't mean it's closed on Monday

They should be working normal hours at the St Albans depot, as far as I know.

Advertisement