Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dollylama

xtal191 wrote: »
    Anyone know the opening hours of the UK depot? They missed my package yesterday, hopefully the bank holiday here doesn't mean it's closed on Monday

I asked here but got no response so I emailed them:

"Please be advised that we are open on weekdays 8:00-00:00 and on Saturdays 8:00- 14:00, we are closed on Sundays."

The response came direct from Air Business... AddressPalCustomerService@airbusonline.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Is there any contact or tracking now since AP moved? Ordered something that was delivered by Amazon to them over a week ago and haven't heard a peep since.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is there any contact or tracking now since AP moved? Ordered something that was delivered by Amazon to them over a week ago and haven't heard a peep since.

I had a parcel to their new depot last week, and tracked as normal. It's stuck in PortL for now.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I had a parcel to their new depot last week, and tracked as normal. It's stuck in PortL for now.

Was there correspondence from their end? All I've had in that length of time was from Amazon to say they had delivered it but not a dickiebird from An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

Addresspal is a ****show if the delivery goes wrong.

Also ,surpringly difficult to get Amazon to organise a return as I discovered.

It ended up I had to pay a courier and Amazon would refund me.

They wouldn't/couldn't print an address label from ireland

• Advertisement

Contact Amazon customer care- tell them you're in Ireland and want a local return label, please and thankyou........

They'll send you an e-mail with an address label that you print for free return to an Amazon pickup address (think its in Citywest from memory). You don't have to send it back to the UK- the return address- is local.

Hi

Just to follow up on this

Spoke to 2 separate reps and they wouldn't email an address label as is normal for Irish deliveries

Patww79 wrote: »
    Was there correspondence from their end? All I've had in that length of time was from Amazon to say they had delivered it but not a dickiebird from An Post.

I got the usual notification that happens if you choose direct-to-door delivery. You get no en-route information if you choose the delivered-to-PO method.
    The parcel arrived today and I was quite relieved to see it, considering it was definitely larger than would have been handled by the older system. Iow, I would have been rooked for the privilege of travelling 15 miles to a postal depot and paying €25. In relation to that particular piece of highway robbery, I didn't mind paying a tenner for the size of the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Also ,surpringly difficult to get Amazon to organise a return as I discovered.

It ended up I had to pay a courier and Amazon would refund me.

They wouldn't/couldn't print an address label from ireland

They can, you just have to get onto Chat and convince them. I was initially told that they couldn't, but when I told him I had spoken to other Irish customers who had gotten it done, (i.e. this forum), he was easily able to do it

Virtanen wrote: »
    They can, you just have to get onto Chat and convince them. I was initially told that they couldn't, but when I told him I had spoken to other Irish customers who had gotten it done, (i.e. this forum), he was easily able to do it

Well I must have spent the guts of an hour on the phone to 2 separate agents while they were trying to sort it out

They claimed it was impossible to do

I also had another unfortunate incident with addresspal

They can't actually tell you if they have received a package without a tracking number,package was lost.

Now maybe they all work like that , I dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Hi does anyone know what my chances are of receiving a parcel sent to the old Addresspal address.
    I know it's not in use since 1st October but it was on record for an automated delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

bertsmom wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what my chances are of receiving a parcel sent to the old Addresspal address.
    I know it's not in use since 1st October but it was on record for an automated delivery

I got one last week, delivered to old address but forwarded to new same day and in Dublin 2 days later. Just email them to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks Dan786 fingers crossed so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elkringo

Was really excited when I learned about this service, and decided to buy a new laptop in the UK saving myself over €130 in the process. However, a little nervous about using it again after my experience (even though the package did eventually arrive at my local post office).

AddressPal say shipments will be about 4-5 days, so 6 days after confirming my package had been delivered to AddressPal in Hatfield, I contacted them to ask where it was. There was a lot of too & fro via email, where it was evident they had no record of ever having received my package or its current location. I got very nervous as I was expecting delivery of a laptop which had cost over 600 GBP.

I used the phone number on the site which got me through to a nice lady in AnPost, but who had no access to AddressPal or their systems. So really no use at all.

Eventually (after a few sleepless nights) I got an email out of the blue telling me my package had been delivered to my local post office for collection, so all good.

I would be happy to use this service again if they can address (pun intended) the following issues:
    - No tracking capability of any kind (even internally) - should be easy to do!
    - Poor customer service/response to queries. How about having a real Addresspal person answer the phone?
    - 7 days transhipping from UK to Ireland far too slow in this day and age - speed it up!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

elkringo wrote: »
    Was really excited when I learned about this service, and decided to buy a new laptop in the UK saving myself over €130 in the process. However, a little nervous about using it again after my experience (even though the package did eventually arrive at my local post office).

AddressPal say shipments will be about 4-5 days, so 6 days after confirming my package had been delivered to AddressPal in Hatfield, I contacted them to ask where it was. There was a lot of too & fro via email, where it was evident they had no record of ever having received my package or its current location. I got very nervous as I was expecting delivery of a laptop which had cost over 600 GBP.

I used the phone number on the site which got me through to a nice lady in AnPost, but who had no access to AddressPal or their systems. So really no use at all.

Eventually (after a few sleepless nights) I got an email out of the blue telling me my package had been delivered to my local post office for collection, so all good.

I would be happy to use this service again if they can address (pun intended) the following issues:
    - No tracking capability of any kind (even internally) - should be easy to do!
    - Poor customer service/response to queries. How about having a real Addresspal person answer the phone?
    - 7 days transhipping from UK to Ireland far too slow in this day and age - speed is it up!

A €40 limit on liability, and you’d use it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

whiterebel wrote: »
    A €40 limit on liability, and you’d use it again?

This is a pretty low cost option at €3.75 for a 0-20kg package collected at the post office. I agree that €40 limit liability is pretty low but they seem to have a pretty good record of not loosing items. Not much good if your €600 laptop vanishes.

Alternative is parcelmotel which offer extra insurance at extra cost as follows:

€500 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €3.50
    €1000 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €7.00
    €1500 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €10.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone ever buy anything from ao.com and get it delivered via addresspal?

Looking at a 50" TV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Looking at a 50" TV.

One of the mods here on Boards had a 50" delivered from Amazon (Black Friday deal 2 years ago). It arrived shattered. Amazon- to give them their dues, did not dispute where the damage occurred and replaced it. The replacement arrived in one piece- but with a prominent dead pixel. She kept the screen nonetheless. Personally- I'd not do it- there are too many random factors associated with using the service- not least of all a picture in my mind of someone tossing the box into a cage and piling other crap on top of it (perhaps I'm being unfair- but you just don't know).

I got a laptop (HP Elitebook) delivered from AO- it arrived *opened* but everything was there. No idea who opened it, or why- but it wasn't damaged and all was present.

It really depends on whether you're willing to take a gamble or not- I'd suggest its not worth the risk- however, I've done it successfully.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Looking at a 50" TV.

If you're happy with a payout of €40 if they smash it........

I'll leave it so. Thanks for the warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"not least of all a picture in my mind of someone tossing the box into a cage and piling other crap on top of it "

Not to be pedantic, but tossing a 50 inch tele would be quite a feat!
    They are extremely well packed to withstand damage.

50 inch teles are often shipped by courier to local TV merchants.
    It's obvious what they are so apart from accidentally dropping it I find it unlikely that a courier would be "piling other crap on top of it

The missing pixel is a manufacturing issue and not an AP issue.

The real issue is insurance, AP only cover €40.

If I was buying from Amazon I'd go for it because of there excellent no BS returns system.

I have no idea what AO.com returns policy is like.

Yes, I've decided to hold off and get one via Amazon or closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Yes, I've decided to hold off and get one via Amazon or closer to home.

Ya ur bound to get one if ur from Dublin in one of the electric stores with xmas coming up. Returns would be easy then if any probs

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

FWIW, i got a 55" delivered today. delivered to the mosquito way address on thursday, in heathrow on friday and at my door around lunch time today.

arrived in perfect condition and 12.99 charge. came in a different van than usual deliveries and 2 men to lift it in.
    saved over 300 (40%) on best local prices.

site_owner wrote: »
    FWIW, i got a 55" delivered today. delivered to the mosquito way address on thursday, in heathrow on friday and at my door around lunch time today.

arrived in perfect condition and 12.99 charge. came in a different van than usual deliveries and 2 men to lift it in.
    saved over 300 (40%) on best local prices.

That's incredibly over the size I would have thought they'd accept. I wonder if they'll take washing machines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

That's incredibly over the size I would have thought they'd accept. I wonder if they'll take washing machines :D

Yeah, I think the delivery men couldn't believe it was let through.

I couldn't figure out the an post girth instructions so just gave it a go. It was just under the max weight (19.5kg) so thought that might go in my favour.

Worst case it was rejected at the depot and I spent a few days chasing a refund from the seller/paypal/ebay.

Anyway it was accepted and I'm happy :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its nice to hear of happy endings from An Post sometimes- well done to them!

Bloody Address Pal, shower of gits.
    I have a fair-sized parcel being sent over, and a friend happens to work nearly next door to the AP depot, so he offered to drop it in and save me the postage at that end.
    The utter swine wouldn't accept it from him because it's "not tracked". What a bunch of useless tossers.
    Now I have to pay £18 for the parcel to travel less than ten miles in order for it to be delivered by a parcel monkey and a tracking number, which AP don't use anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Bloody Address Pal, shower of gits.
    I have a fair-sized parcel being sent over, and a friend happens to work nearly next door to the AP depot, so he offered to drop it in and save me the postage at that end.
    The utter swine wouldn't accept it from him because it's "not tracked". What a bunch of useless tossers.
    Now I have to pay £18 for the parcel to travel less than ten miles in order for it to be delivered by a parcel monkey and a tracking number, which AP don't use anyway.

strange , lots of stuff sent to the UK AP depot isnt tracked , you can send ordinary Royal mail to them for instance , one it has the AddressPal number they dont care

Id email AP and ask whats the issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

So I signed up for Address Pal to get some items from Amazon UK but I'm having trouble putting in the address on Amazon. Say it needs a valid post code etc. The address is Hatfield so I assume I keep the setting on UK instead of R.O.I

Advertisement