Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

I decided to use addresspal for 2 orders recently.

1 item arrived without issues.

Addresspal have not received the 2nd item even though the royal mail website delivery shows "Delivered".
    I've emailed addresspal and they have said that they have no record of the item being delivered and asked for signature proof.
    Unfortunately, the royal mail option doesn't have that.

I've sent them the royal mail tracking and screenshot. am awaiting another reply.

What's the best way to proceed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Registered for a while but I used AP for the first time this week and after getting an email saying my parcel was oversized, I signed up for home delivery. Saved me €15, easy.

Now I have a smaller item on route, does anyone know if I can change my account from home delivery to post office collection? I can't seem to find an option anywhere.

Thanks

EDIT: Only realised that the addresses are slightly different for Home Delivery and Post Office Collection, I'm presuming that's how they know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

MOD <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

tomplate wrote: »
    You use a different address

Adresspal is ok for cheap contraband type items

If a package goes missing yours in the sh1t, customer service is abysmal .

Cheers, just copped the different address after posting, only used it as the two sellers wouldn't ship to PW or PM

MOD: <SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is there any regulation in this area

Does addrespal have any obligation to inspect packages?

It's quite obvious that a large percentage of items are going to be contraband , batteries and medicine and the like due to the nature of the service.

No word from them yet re my post office collection that arrived in UK Monday. Are people usually notified first thing in the morning when items are available for collection? Do you get a text or email?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Is there any regulation in this area

MOD <SNIP>

There is regulation, sure enough.
    After a couple of fatal aircraft fires and crashes, the likes of lithium batteries were looked at very seriously, as thousands of them were being transported unknowingly by the air cargo companies. A frighteningly high proportion of them weren't properly packaged, either.
    To address that, lithium batteries were more-or-less banned, with the exception of batteries and cells that are built in to the larger item, and an essential part of it, but secured in such a fashion they cannot short out in transit. There's more, but you get the gist.
    Following on from that, the presence of flammable liquids has always been a concern, along with all the usual dodgy chemicals, etc, so more attention has been paid to tightening up the regulations surrounding the carriage of them.

To be frank, I'd be bloody annoyed if I were on a plane that had a cargo hold full of cheapanese dodgy lithium batteries, and it caught fire because of that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

No word from them yet re my post office collection that arrived in UK Monday. Are people usually notified first thing in the morning when items are available for collection? Do you get a text or email?

Just got an email from them. Ready for collection.. phew

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    There is regulation, sure enough.
    After a couple of fatal aircraft fires and crashes, the likes of lithium batteries were looked at very seriously, as thousands of them were being transported unknowingly by the air cargo companies. A frighteningly high proportion of them weren't properly packaged, either.
    To address that, lithium batteries were more-or-less banned, with the exception of batteries and cells that are built in to the larger item, and an essential part of it, but secured in such a fashion they cannot short out in transit. There's more, but you get the gist.
    Following on from that, the presence of flammable liquids has always been a concern, along with all the usual dodgy chemicals, etc, so more attention has been paid to tightening up the regulations surrounding the carriage of them.

To be frank, I'd be bloody annoyed if I were on a plane that had a cargo hold full of cheapanese dodgy lithium batteries, and it caught fire because of that.

You could argue the service is designed to encourage illegality and creates a hazard as you said.

They don't seem to inspect anything

Have a real quick look at the charter to this forum.

• Advertisement

Just collected both my packages from local post office. Worked out great in the end. I'd prefer if I had gotten an email when the item was received in uk addresspal and when it arrived in ireland etc but apart from that happy so far with the service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD:There is a warning on the first post for a reason. Next one that ignores it is an instant ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

whiterebel wrote: »
    MOD:There is a warning on the first post for a reason. Next one that ignores it is an instant ban.

They obviously didnt see my Post either with the warning from the 1st Pages on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Will Amazon.com accept deliveries to AP USA as the credit card details won't match the currency/country ?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Discodog wrote: »
    Will Amazon.com accept deliveries to AP USA as the credit card details won't match the currency/country ?

Yes I have ordered from them before

Yes I have ordered from them before

Just beware of customs charges from An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just beware of customs charges from An Post

Yes & I assume vat & a handling charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Discodog wrote: »
    Yes & I assume vat & a handling charge ?

I know it's being pedantic but the only charge from An Post is the handling charge

The Vat and/or Duty is from the Government which An Post ( among others ) collects for them .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon.com usually offer a service delivered to customer, including VAT/Duty and all charges. I use that if I have to buy from the US. AP offer very little in the way of insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I used AddressPal last week after not using them for over a year. I placed an order for two items with Amazon, which they shipped separately on the same day - both handed over to courier (Hermes) on Monday and both delivered to AP in Hatfield 5:02 PM on Tuesday (27 Nov).

One package arrived at my local PO on Thursday (29 Nov) but no sign of the other one.

I suppose I should give it another couple of days to show up. If I need to contact AddressPal (I see 01-7058866) up thread, can they track using the Hermes number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

whiterebel wrote: »
    Amazon.com usually offer a service delivered to customer, including VAT/Duty and all charges. I use that if I have to buy from the US. AP offer very little in the way of insurance.

On the other hand, the item I ordered through AdressPal the other week would have cost me

€110 +
    €35 shipping +
    €48 tax & duties
    = €193

if I'd ordered direct from the company's website. (They have the service of charging all the Vat/duties at the checkout).

Ordering it from Amazon through AddressPal cost:
    €110 +
    free delivery to the New Jersey hub +
    €21 AddressPal shipping to Ireland +
    zero customs& VAT (because An Post didn't charge me any).
    = €131.

I'd be inclined to order through AddressPal because it may well cost you less, and I can't see it costing more, and the odds of the stuff going missing must be miniscule.

On the other hand, the item I ordered through AdressPal the other week would have cost me

€110 +
    €35 shipping +
    €48 tax & duties
    = €193

if I'd ordered direct from the company's website. (They have the service of charging all the Vat/duties at the checkout).

Ordering it from Amazon through AddressPal cost:
    €110 +
    free delivery to the New Jersey hub +
    €21 AddressPal shipping to Ireland +
    zero customs& VAT (because An Post didn't charge me any).
    = €131.

I'd be inclined to order through AddressPal because it may well cost you less, and I can't see it costing more, and the odds of the stuff going missing must be miniscule.

Most stuff amazon.Com won't post usually anything electrical or third party seller to ireland. I bought some cables for a valentine one and was perfect tracking all the way with address. Shipito also do same job but give a budget service as well without tracking which is quick.MOD <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Anybody find addresspal’s us customer service non existent ? I emailed their contact email that they have used to contact me before 24 hours ago & no response.

They have a parcel of mine in their depot over a week now & they usually only take a day or two to notify me that their taking payment but haven’t heard a word from them & getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Certainly, in the early days of setting the US service up, it was a bit of a shambles, with the sub-contractor over there apparently not being able to find his arse with his hands. Things seem to have improved a lot, but bear in mind the time of year, and they'll be inundated.
    I was waiting over a week for a parcel via AP from the UK which arrived just a couple of days ago, and the UK service is definitely run quite well.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Black Friday/Cyber Monday going into Christmas shopping period then New Years sales. Expect delays this time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Just spotted in the forum that AddressPal do not take batteries. MOD <SNIP>

This is my first time using the AddressPal service and I must say, I was extremely impressed and will be using it a lot more in the future. Works out a lot cheaper than standard Amazon delivery costs and it was much faster than usual too.

MOD: Read the 1st post. They are on the Prohibited Article list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lithium Ion Batteries have to be delivered by road. Anything with Lithium ion Batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Lithium Ion Batteries have to be delivered by road. Anything with Lithium ion Batteries.

Thank you, big sticker on the back of the box saying "Lithium ion battery" so I suppose I was lucky it came through to me.
    I will not use AddressPal for similar products in the future.

Although I do have a go pro with spare batteries coming at the minute. I have gotten multiple emails saying the item has been delayed. I wonder is it the batteries causing this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Considering the three days AddressPal take to deliver to Ireland I presume that stuff is trucked across by the ferry?

Advertisement