Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

theguzman wrote: »
    Considering the three days AddressPal take to deliver to Ireland I presume that stuff is trucked across by the ferry?
    It might be, for the PO pickup service. Any parcels I've had sent via the direct-to-door service show that they sit in Heathrow for a day or two. Of course, that's not to say that the Heathrow depot doesn't also fill trucks.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

had an item delivered to the UK addresspal depot for post office collection on Friday 30th November, so today is the 5th day.

understandable they are dealing with extra volume, anybody else seeing 5+ days for stuff to arrive to post office for collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Terrible service. Had stuff arrive at there sorting place on the 3rd and it's still in London according to the tracking number they gave me.

I had a package leave Hong Kong on the 9th and it was delivered this morning with DHL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

keano25 wrote: »
    Terrible service. Had stuff arrive at there sorting place on the 3rd and it's still in London according to the tracking number they gave me.

I had a package leave Hong Kong on the 9th and it was delivered this morning with DHL!

At least you have a tracking number. I had stuff delivered the other day, and it's still not checked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

BArra wrote: »
    had an item delivered to the UK addresspal depot for post office collection on Friday 30th November, so today is the 5th day.

understandable they are dealing with extra volume, anybody else seeing 5+ days for stuff to arrive to post office for collection?

Last few weeks I've experienced huge delays with them for PO delivery.

For example, an item arrived in my local PO yesterday (13th December) having been delivered to the UK address on the 28th November. Woman in the post office said they have so many parcels these days they need to clear them down before taking more in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Expecting an AP item from uk to Waterford but got a text from Anpost saying my item was in their national hub and to choose a delivery option.

Anyone make sense of this before I contact them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Expecting an AP item from uk to Waterford but got a text from Anpost saying my item was in their national hub and to choose a delivery option.

They've started doing this with all Amazon orders. Is it an Amazon order perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

danjo-xx wrote: »

Is the AP item for home delivery? An post have recently started sending texts to customers once the parcel reaches the Dublin hub. You can change the delivery date or address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Is the AP item for home delivery? An post have recently started sending texts to customers once the parcel reaches the Dublin hub. You can change the delivery date or address.

Not just AP. I have ordered several items through Amazon prime for delivery by the regular An Post service and have also received these texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Not just AP. I have ordered several items through Amazon prime for delivery by the regular An Post service and have also received these texts.

Yes, same here. Even got a delivery on Saturday.
    I assume it's part of Amazon's contract with An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

gerard2210 wrote: »

No its for p.o delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ebay telling me the 0044 AddressPal number is invalid.

Anyone have a way around this? Cheers.

I just put my own phone number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you are calling from the UK it would be just 0 171 so that might work instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

A week after the post below & after numerous emails back & forth they eventually found my delivery & it turned out was pretty difficult to miss as it was ginormous ! In the end I was dealing with AddressPalCustomerService@airbusonline.com who must be the US contractors. And 6 days after they found it it arrived in portlaois & 2 days later delivered to me. Somehow I didn’t get hit with customs despite being €300 worth of clothes !

Overall if you take away the loosing of my delivery their customer service was top class & delivery times didn’t suffer from the time of the year so all is forgiven & will continue to use them if I need something from the US that doesn’t deliver here.
    DermoMIO wrote: »
    Anybody find addresspal’s us customer service non existent ? I emailed their contact email that they have used to contact me before 24 hours ago & no response.

They have a parcel of mine in their depot over a week now & they usually only take a day or two to notify me that their taking payment but haven’t heard a word from them & getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone know how well AddressPal handle stuff? Bought a monitor from Curry's eBay during the 15% off sale recently and just saw on their website that they only offer €40 compensation for damage in transit.

Package is slightly too large as well so I'm gonna get caught for €25 of a delivery fee which feels a bit excessive. :(

Anyone know how well AddressPal handle stuff? Bought a monitor from Curry's eBay during the 15% off sale recently and just saw on their website that they only offer €40 compensation for damage in transit.

Package is slightly too large as well so I'm gonna get caught for €25 of a delivery fee which feels a bit excessive. :(

The way around that is to register for Home Delivery with them, and oversized parcels get bumped to that service. It might mean paying 12.99 but that's better than being stung for 25 and having to traipse to the nearest depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    The way around that is to register for Home Delivery with them, and oversized parcels get bumped to that service. It might mean paying 12.99 but that's better than being stung for 25 and having to traipse to the nearest depot.

Yeah I'll call them Monday and see if there's anything I can do to get it down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Yeah I'll call them Monday and see if there's anything I can do to get it down a bit.

could be worse could have being stung by paypal for currency conversion charges £480to 560E 30e extra they charged Twats .should have left it @ uk address but couldnt remember their new one@ the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Ive started using them a while ago. about 10 packages later im less than impressed.

2 of them got sent home by mistake and they werent oversize .

They broke one item, another they lost and as there wasnt a signed delivery receopt they didnt want to know.

40% of my dealings with them had problems
    over 2000 packages with parcel motel and only issues with 2 or 3 of them which they resolved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

9935452 wrote: »
    over 2000 packages with parcel motel .........
    The mind boggles......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 matttreddy

Hello everyone,

I was looking to use AddressPal to buy an item from an English eBay seller who won't post to Ireland.

I entered the given address into eBay but they will not let me use it without first entering in an English phone number, which I do not have.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Here ya go:

https://www.airbusiness.com/contact

+44 (0) 1727 890 600

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ning

Any delays at the moment? Parcel supposedly arrived on Friday the 4th, but I haven't got a notification from AddressPal yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ning wrote: »
    Any delays at the moment? Parcel supposedly arrived on Friday the 4th, but I haven't got a notification from AddressPal yet.

I have always found them good but now I have a late package

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ning wrote: »

Two packages delivered (with tracking) on 24.12.2018- arrived yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Had one delivered to the UK hub last Friday, only arrived in the PO yesterday

where does my code AP 26C 3603 2170648 go when ordering i am using it for the first time it is the first line of the delivery address? i am ordering from JD's Uk as they are having a sale and JD Ireland is not

got it to work and placed an order never did anything like this before i am pure nervous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

where does my code AP 26C 3603 2170648 go when ordering i am using it for the first time it is the first line of the delivery address? i am ordering from JD's Uk as they are having a sale and JD Ireland is not

Just put it in any part of the address that will take it. It just has to be visible so that the sorters can get it to you. Some websites are pickie about what they will take in the various address lines so you may have to muck about a bit to get it on.

• Advertisement

My order has been delivered to address pal this morning how long do I wait before hearing from address pal or do they just ship it to my local post office without telling me?

Advertisement