Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

My order has been delivered to address pal this morning how long do I wait before hearing from address pal or do they just ship it to my local post office without telling me?

Your parcel now enters a mysterious sort of limbo from whence it miraculously emerges at your local PO. You'll get a text telling you so.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Your parcel now enters a mysterious sort of limbo from whence it miraculously emerges at your local PO. You'll get a text telling you so.

No mystery, they consolidate the shipments to keep the costs down.

See FAQs

Your AddressPal UK collection item will be delivered to your selected Post Office/Collection Point within 4 to 5 working days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The 4 to 5 working days- is a bit aspirational at the moment- they aim for 4-to-5 working days- my latest delivery (yesterday) I have tracking to show it was signed for by 'AddPal' in Mosquito Lane on the 21st December.......... Perhaps it fell behind a bin somewhere or something- but don't read the 4-5 days as gospel........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

When I signed up recently I choose a pick up at the PO option. No credit card was needed - do you pay at the post office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Yes.

• Advertisement

When I signed up recently I choose a pick up at the PO option. No credit card was needed - do you pay at the post office?

Yes, 3.75 per item.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

What's the biggest item someone has been delivered? I know they have dimensions on the website but can you go over them?

Truckermal wrote: »
    What's the biggest item someone has been delivered? I know they have dimensions on the website but can you go over them?

18" tyres- * 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

...... Perhaps it fell behind a bin somewhere or something- but don't read the 4-5 days as gospel........[/quote]

In my, obviously limited experience, they seem to hit the 4-5 working days goal nearly all of the time. Obviously the outliers tend to get highlighted.

Possibly your shipment got royally screwed up in the Christmas rush, no excuse obviously.

Be interesting to hear others general experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Hi has anyone been successful recently in signing up to addresspal?

I've tried multiple times, and the site keeps coming up that there is an error ( it doesn't specify what that error is)

Is there something I'm missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Would it be the phone number.ypu have to give (has to be a UK format) tool me a few attempts but made one.up in the correct format and it took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Hi was just wondering once you get an email from An Post saying 'We have received your Address pal item and will attempt to deliver it today' is there any way to check what the item actually is? Once I click on the Address pal tracking it just gives the same number again with no description or no number that links it back to my order on Amazon etc.

The Address pal emails from An Post come with an attachment(s) that I can never open, is the information in those?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with Adresspal mega thread

Cool my package from address pal arrived at my post office today that was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Have used the UK service a lot with no problems but i have a question if anyone could answer.
    I ordered from the US. I got an email about customs declaration. A reply to thank me for the information and a dispatch notice for the item from NJ
    - Will i be emailed to told the amount they decide to charge
    - Who collects the customs, do they take directly from my card or is it the postman.
    Have been reading through this topic and some say have money ready for the postman and in another post someone said it was taken from their card.
    Thank you.

So I recently set up a new account with addresspal unfortunately I may have run into an issue you see I used to have an account before which I couldn't log into due to needing some code off a card that was sent through the post anyway I used a different email address but the same phone number on both accounts I was recently expecting a delivery I got a text to say my item is ready for collection the problem is it's at the post office I used for my last address.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Have used the UK service a lot with no problems but i have a question if anyone could answer.
    I ordered from the US. I got an email about customs declaration. A reply to thank me for the information and a dispatch notice for the item from NJ
    - Will i be emailed to told the amount they decide to charge
    - Who collects the customs, do they take directly from my card or is it the postman.
    Have been reading through this topic and some say have money ready for the postman and in another post someone said it was taken from their card.
    Thank you.

Ive got a few things from the US.

Some already had the goods declaration paid done and taxes paid.

The ones that didnt have any declaration i got an email like yourself looking for information,

The next i knew was the item arrived, An post took all charges from my card for delivery and taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Guys how long does it take for an item which was delivered to the UK address to get to a post office.

I had a delivery from Amazon done last tuesday and still no sign of it today.

From reading trustpilot now it appears this is one of the worst services around.

The only reason I choose them was to get a replacement battery for my Note 4 as the others would not deliver to ROI/NI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Guys how long does it take for an item which was delivered to the UK address to get to a post office.

From reading trustpilot now it appears this is one of the worst services around.

The only reason I choose them was to get a replacement battery for my Note 4 as the others would not deliver to ROI/NI

I had a parcel delivered to them first thing last Tuesday, got notification of availability in post office (Dublin region) lunchtime on Friday.

They do say in their t&c 4-5 working days so they are still within that.

I prefer to use Parcel Motel as it is quicker and I can collect outside business hours which suits me but the English address is often much cheaper for purchases.

The main annoyance with the service is they do not provide any collection or transit notification so you are left hanging until the thing is ready for collection.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered to them first thing last Tuesday, got notification of availability in post office (Dublin region) lunchtime on Friday.

They do say in their t&c 4-5 working days so they are still within that.

I prefer to use Parcel Motel as it is quicker and I can collect outside business hours which suits me but the English address is often much cheaper for purchases.

The main annoyance with the service is they do not provide any collection or transit notification so you are left hanging until the thing is ready for collection.

Looking at the reviews on trustpilot I will avoid them if I ever get my parcel but for anpost they seem to be worse than Yodel etc in the UK.

I am preparing myself for a potential loss of my product as they seem in every which way incompetent and fraudulent.

I use Parcel Wizard normally but could not use in this instance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

If they sussed it was a battery, you'll be lucky if they haven't returned it to the sender.
    They get very twitchy about batteries, and with good reason. Read the Ts and Cs.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It’s probably been returned. Check their T&Cs and the mod warning in the first post of this thread.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    If they sussed it was a battery, you'll be lucky if they haven't returned it to the sender.
    They get very twitchy about batteries, and with good reason. Read the Ts and Cs.

I read their T's & C's and prohibited items first before ordering it does not mention batteries

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I read their T's & C's and prohibited items first before ordering it does not mention batteries

They are covered under Dangerous goods.

whiterebel wrote: »
    They are covered under Dangerous goods.

Ah, well Amazon have refunded me and fair play, I will get them locally, not worth the hassle and won't be using this service again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

ED E wrote: »
    Parcel Motel will refund these if you ask nicely.

http://pca.st/8BZ0
    Retailer on Joe Duffy today moaning that AP are encouraging UK shopping.... :rolleyes:

I vote with my pocket, if its cheaper to get sthg in the UK I'll get it from the UK, his livelihood bedamned

Do their support staff ever respond to emails? I've sent by this stage 3 emails about a package that went to the wrong post office, yet no response and it will be sent back by the end of tomorrow :-(

Should have just gone with Parcel Motel.

9935452 wrote: »
    Ive got a few things from the US.

Some already had the goods declaration paid done and taxes paid.

The ones that didnt have any declaration i got an email like yourself looking for information,

The next i knew was the item arrived, An post took all charges from my card for delivery and taxes

Thank you.

Does anyone know what "ITEM IN DEPOT in portlaoise" means. I usually see dispatched, received, out for delivery but not sure what that means. Do i have to do anything or is it just something you see after it leaves customs and gets on the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It means it is back from customs.

• Advertisement

Said id follow up with my experience with address pal from US.

I never had any issues from the UK fortunately, when over sized they phoned me to let me know if i left it go to post office it'd get a 20 or 25 charge i can't remember did i want them to change to home service for 12.99.

I was nervous ordering from US as it was breakable and large and reading this thread before purchasing and peoples bad experience but what i was ordering was 430 euro in ireland but 199 dollars. So i took the chance. It arrived in address pal in america on a Friday and arrived here the following Friday. Not a dint on the box. There was a 60 customs charge and ten an post charge. I expected 48 customs and 10 an post. The post man was half apologetic coming to the door saying i have a parcel but there's customs, was relived to see i had the money ready on the hall table. In total it cost me 275. There's a one year warranty but if it breaks and needs to be sent back then there will be the kicker.

Advertisement