Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Three orders, two UK only, a third US, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Just got an email from An Post AddressPal from
    Monday, 25th February 2019 when using AddressPal, Post Office delivery of UK standard items will now be €3.95, and from €6.49 for home delivery from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Monday, 25th February 2019 when using AddressPal, Post Office delivery of UK standard items will now be €3.95, and from €6.49 for home delivery from the UK.

I also got email. I never used addresspal before how much are they gone up by?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

audi02 wrote: »

It's €3.75 currently for delivery to post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not really a bargain. You can still collect it for 3.95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭blade1

6.49 for home delivery is mental!
    Parcel Wizard will do it for 3.85.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Masala

Celtic Tiger is back....... everyone is at it!!

Got my AA Breakdown this morning and gone up from €9 a month to €12 !!

Last week - VHI gone up €30 a month.

the Government put up the 9% vat .... my coffee gone from €2.60 to €3

and everyone telling us inflation is lowest in Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mod: <Snip> no it isn’t. Please read the warning on this thread, as it is in a new forum. Thanks.

Not going to affect me hugely personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

And yet we have the very worst public services in the developed world.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

theguzman wrote: »
    And yet we have the very worst public services in the developed world.

but probably the best public sector unions in the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I see address pal are uping their prices again..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

They're closing my local post office so I don't bother with it anymore anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

clevtrev wrote: »
    but probably the best public sector unions in the world!

The have the formula for inefficency and laziness to pay ratio just perfect, scratch your balls all day long for €900 per week minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,333 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

blade1 wrote: »
    6.49 for home delivery is mental!
    Parcel Wizard will do it for 3.85.

Parcel wizard is fine for items that can be shipped to Northern Ireland but some companies require U.K. mainland address
    €3.95 is alright collected in my opinion and going up 20 cent is hardly a dramatic price hike

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Parcel wizard is fine for items that can be shipped to Northern Ireland but some companies require U.K. mainland address
    €3.95 is alright collected in my opinion and going up 20 cent is hardly a dramatic price hike

What about the 6.49 which was the point of my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

We have a Postal Store in letterkenny. €3 for the service. I received a bike frame in a huge box and it only cost me €3.

But who else is offering a U.K. mainland address and offering home delivery ?
    Nobody so they can charge €6.49 as there is no competition

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

An item shipped from the UK to your door for 6.49, nothing outragous about that.

I assume there's a size/weight limit on that?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    But who else is offering a U.K. mainland address and offering home delivery ?
    Nobody so they can charge €6.49 as there is no competition

Look for a seller that deliver to northern Ireland.
    I've ordered 1000's of items both with PW and AP's collect at p.o. but there is no way I'd pay 6.49 for delivery to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

keano25 wrote: »
    I see address pal are uping their prices again..

Was less than a year ago they raised it to the current price. wasn't it? Just opened my email to see they're upping it to €3.95 now.

• Advertisement

Look for a seller that deliver to northern Ireland.
    I've ordered 1000's of items both with PW and AP's collect at p.o. but there is no way I'd pay 6.49 for delivery to home.

Not all sellers ship to Northern Ireland that is why this service is in demand and not outrageously priced either, they also offer an American address which I’ve used twice now and it’s spot on.
    I use parcel wizard nearly all the time but certain items can only be shipped to a mainland address and that’s how address pal have cornered than section of the market for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Price increase posts moved from Bargain Alerts to main AP thread in Courier forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

audi02 wrote: »

Prices up to Feb 24th 2019 (€3.75 / €5.99)
    delivery_uk-v2.png

After Feb 24th 2019 (€3.95 / €6.49)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ms34

hi, trying to figure this out and i am not being very successful at all so hoping for some help here.
    Looking at an item of clothing on ebay in USA, it costs $100. Delivery to Ireland is quoted at $60 so I'm thinking of using addresspal but cant figure out the vat on it. am i right in saying i pay 20% and then the addresspal charge?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Can't say I'm too distressed at that. When I recall how much of a rip-off it was to get stuff shipped not too long ago, and that was the ones who would ship at all.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

vicwatson wrote: »

Yes, saw that news all right. Sounds like another Parcel Motel type service.

I wonder will An Post be smart/innovative enough to blend their DeliveryBox service with their proposed locker service i.e. if you have a DeliveryBox and you've signed up for their locker service if a parcel arrives which is too big for the DeliveryBox will they automatically divert it to your local locker instead o making you collect it from the depot?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

if there's one company that can make a bags of a great idea.....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whiterebel wrote: »
    if there's one company that can make a bags of a great idea.....

Exactly my thinking.

Wouldnt be surprised if they end up inside facilities that close outside business hours etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know how long it takes the process items in the US hub? Trying to see what if my parcel actually got delivered to the right address in the US.

Advertisement