Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes the process items in the US hub? Trying to see what if my parcel actually got delivered to the right address in the US.

Last time I got something from the US through addresspal it arrived at the New Jersey hub on the 7th, then it got to the Portlaoise Mail Centre on the 13th and it was delivered to my door in Dublin on the 15th. If that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Last time I got something from the US through addresspal it arrived at the New Jersey hub on the 7th, then it got to the Portlaoise Mail Centre on the 13th and it was delivered to my door in Dublin on the 15th. If that's any help.

Yeah I emailed them there. Unluckily i was part of a scam and amazon are due to refund me part of the price i paid and couldn't do so until its delivered.. It was delivered today but there's no invoice so they said they'd hold on to it for 3 days until i send one on. Here's hoping amazon come back sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Looks like An Post is going to compete with Parcel Motel at their own game by diversifying into the locker delivery system.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/an-post-plans-nationwide-network-of-parcel-lockers-as-online-shopping-soars-37829944.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,332 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It will fail 100%

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It will fail 100%

Well that's a positive approach!

Based on what past evidence?

• Advertisement

paddy19 wrote: »
    Well that's a positive approach!

Based on what past evidence?

Parcel motel have that side of things covered now, they have lockers everywhere and dpd do home or work deliveries whenever suits, an post are too late to the party at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Parcel motel have that side of things covered now, they have lockers everywhere and dpd do home or work deliveries whenever suits, an post are too late to the party at this stage

None of them would have anywhere the volume of An Post. If they do this right they are on to a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Say what you will about an post, but when I'm ordering stuff online to be delivered, I much prefer that they are the delivery company. Countless times I've come back to my house to get stuff that has been delivered by companies such as DPD and found it just left right outside my front door so far an post have never done that.

None of them would have anywhere the volume of An Post. If they do this right they are on to a winner.

If they were nationwide I all post offices it would be good but

The company has now said the new parcel locker system would be concentrated in high footfall areas in Dublin and key regional centres

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The company has now said the new parcel locker system would be concentrated in high footfall areas in Dublin and key regional centres

So people like myself who live out in the sticks will not have the option of these lockers then. Nice one An Post.:(:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So people like myself who live out in the sticks will not have the option of these lockers then. Nice one An Post.:(:rolleyes:

exactly that, sure we barely have any post offices left around our way

Nightline dont have enough lockers to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I'm sure they plan to expand into other regions if it's found to be popular enough and profitable enough. Surely it's better to start out small and work out any teething problems before expanding further

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Nightline dont have enough lockers to be fair.

Isn't Parcel Motel Nightline? :confused:

MOH wrote: »
    Isn't Parcel Motel Nightline? :confused:

Yeah but some people said that nightline have it sewn up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

What is the average delivery time from the UK? I had something delivered to the UK address on Sat by Royal mail, & nothing since.

trixiebust wrote: »
    What is the average delivery time from the UK? I had something delivered to the UK address on Sat by Royal mail, & nothing since.

Send them a mail. I probably wouldn't have heard from them if i hadn't emailed them, seems like they were missing an invoice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

trixiebust wrote: »

Usually takes about a week for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

It is now owned by UPS Nightline is

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

RHJ wrote: »
    Say what you will about an post, but when I'm ordering stuff online to be delivered, I much prefer that they are the delivery company. Countless times I've come back to my house to get stuff that has been delivered by companies such as DPD and found it just left right outside my front door so far an post have never done that.

The local DPD driver is fine, and it's only because of him I've stuck with them. They've lost three parcels of mine in the past two months and they're just not interested.
    I'll be shifting my entire business over to An Post shortly, even if it's a couple of quid more for doorstep delivery - AP have never lost anything of mine.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

"So people like myself who live out in the sticks will not have the option of these lockers then. Nice one An Post."

It's really tiring to have this "why can't we have everything they have in the city."

If you want they have in the city, live in the city.

If you choose to live in the sticks, where housing costs are third of the city prices, don't expect to get what makes economic sense in the city.

Alternatively, why not make your own locker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Sorry, I somehow missed the key word "enough" from your previous comment. :o
    Thought you were saying they didn't have any lockers at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Could get interesting after Brexit with AP shipping from England whilst PM ship from NI.

I use ParcelMotel all the time and find it is usually excellent. I recently bought something from Amazon and they wouldn't deliver to Northern Ireland so signed up to AddressPal and everything seemed fine.

Item was delivered to AP last Wednesday and still hasn't shown up on my AP online transaction history. I've only ever used them for US stuff before so I'm used to a bit of a wait, but is this 5/6 day wait normal? Maybe I'm spoiled with the quick PM turnaround times but I thought I'd have at least heard from AP by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

I use ParcelMotel all the time and find it is usually excellent. I recently bought something from Amazon and they wouldn't deliver to Northern Ireland so signed up to AddressPal and everything seemed fine.

Item was delivered to AP last Wednesday and still hasn't shown up on my AP online transaction history. I've only ever used them for US stuff before so I'm used to a bit of a wait, but is this 5/6 day wait normal? Maybe I'm spoiled with the quick PM turnaround times but I thought I'd have at least heard from AP by now?

Did you use AP's new or old address? IIRC they moved warehouse towards the end of last year and are now in The Beacon, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, AL10 9WN, UK. Has your parcel gone to their old address by any chance?

Quick panic attack, but yes I used the Mosquito way address. Good thinking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

You don't hear anything until it turns up at the local post office.

"Item was delivered to AP last Wednesday and still hasn't shown up on my AP online transaction history. I've only ever used them for US stuff before so I'm used to a bit of a wait, but is this 5/6 day wait normal? Maybe I'm spoiled with the quick PM turnaround times but I thought I'd have at least heard from AP by now? "

It's different process than ParcelMotel.

They consolidate the shipment to minimise costs.

It is seriously cost effective for big items for home delivery.
    ParcelMotel can fairly put the boot in for larger items.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

had parcel delivered on 19th only showed up today, pity cant see it in transit. But they are quite good in fairness if dosnt show up soon email them and they reply promptly

• Advertisement

Package delivered today - not too bad (week and a bit) and got charged 35 euro customs!

Advertisement