Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Mc Love wrote: »
    Package delivered today - not too bad (week and a bit) and got charged 35 euro customs!
    Finding customs chargers a bit higher with AnPost. I recently bought some laptops in with shipito and I think it was better. 5 laptops missing parts. But I was able to write my own customs label and what I valued it to be. Don't have this option with addresspal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Finding customs chargers a bit higher with AnPost. I recently bought some laptops in with shipito and I think it was better. 5 laptops missing parts. But I was able to write my own customs label and what I valued it to be. Don't have this option with addresspal

So basically you got cheaper customs charges with shipito because you falsified the value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

So basically you got cheaper customs charges with shipito because you falsified the value?

Thats not the way I read the post. "5 laptops missing parts" would have very little value but could easily be valued as working systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

That would would be classified as parts like a car you wouldnt be paying full price if bumper & other parts were missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

I ordered a few packages on amazon to be delivered by addresspal. I bought the items in one order on amazon but it seems they will be delivered on different dates.

Normally this isn't a problem if going straight to my home address from amazon. However will addresspal now charge me €6.50 for each delivery?

Is there any way to hold the first delivery at addresspal until the other amazon items arrive (a couple of days later)?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Hi

I ordered a few packages on amazon to be delivered by addresspal. I bought the items in one order on amazon but it seems they will be delivered on different dates.

Normally this isn't a problem if going straight to my home address from amazon. However will addresspal now charge me €6.50 for each delivery?

Is there any way to hold the first delivery at addresspal until the other amazon items arrive (a couple of days later)?

Thanks

No don't think so I believe you will be charged for each delivery. I think on Amazon you have the option to ship all together or as multiple you should have selected ship all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

McLoughlin wrote: »
    No don't think so I believe you will be charged for each delivery. I think on Amazon you have the option to ship all together or as multiple you should have selected ship all together.

No matter what option you pick amazon will split orders as it suits them. Some items on an order might be coming from different fulfillment centers so they wont be shipped together.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

No matter what option you pick amazon will split orders as it suits them. Some items on an order might be coming from different fulfillment centers so they wont be shipped together.

Yes, I got caught by this recently. A single order of multiple small parts that should have come as one package was split in two lots and AP charged me for both of them, as you would expect.
    My beef is with the seller, not AP.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Yes, I got caught by this recently. A single order of multiple small parts that should have come as one package was split in two lots and AP charged me for both of them, as you would expect.
    My beef is with the seller, not AP.

Yeah, I got caught with Amazon doing that despite the fact that it very much looked like the order was going to be a single delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

I have to say Im very impressed with the USA delivery, I've had multiple multiple items delivered and no customs fees or extras etc. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Had a good search of this thread but can't find anything. Anyone managed to get a phone number for Address Pal USA, Ebay wont let me add it as an address without a valid US phone number.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Had a good search of this thread but can't find anything. Anyone managed to get a phone number for Address Pal USA, Ebay wont let me add it as an address without a valid US phone number.

I used Polar Express's own number for that, just for the sake of putting something in.
    ++1 732 446 6772
    Whether any shipper will ever call them, and if anyone who answers it knows anything about their operation for AP in NJ, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing delays with UK post office deliveries using addresspal?

I got a package delivered to Hatfield building on Monday 18th (9:20am) and there still hasn't been any sight of it being delivered to the local post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

tommycahir wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else is experiencing delays with UK post office deliveries using addresspal?

I got a package delivered to Hatfield building on Monday 18th (9:20am) and there still hasn't been any sight of it being delivered to the local post office.

Ordered something on the 20th, delivered to Hatfield Saturday, it was in the Post office this morning.

Ordered a second item 20th, arrived to Hatfield Monday, hasn't arrived here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

First time i used Address pal ,l use parcel wizard normally but the company charge extra for Northern Ireland delivery's,
    just wondered how quick they are, found Parcelwizard very quick, i ordered item tonight should be in Address Pal hub Tues 2nd or Wed 3rd April, would anyone have a rough idea when i should expect it at my local post office, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    First time i used Address pal ,l use parcel wizard normally but the company charge extra for Northern Ireland delivery's,
    just wondered how quick they are, found Parcelwizard very quick, i ordered item tonight should be in Address Pal hub Tues 2nd or Wed 3rd April, would anyone have a rough idea when i should expect it at my local post office, thanks.

It can vary depending on shipping schedules etc, but assuming your parcel arrives in the AP depot on Wed 3rd April, it should be in the PO no later than Monday 8th April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

There is parcel delivery tomorrow for all prism items between 8.30 and 1.30 in urban areas

Is there a tracking system when it leaves the AP hub to get to post office in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Is there a tracking system when it leaves the AP hub to get to post office in Ireland?

There is no tracking system for PO delivery. After the parcel reaches the AP UK depot you will not receive any further notification until it arrives in your local PO and is ready for collection.

My parcel arrived to day at Hatfield it was signed for at 11.47 am, but on the address pal site at 7pm i get
    You do not have any Post Office/Collection Point transactions.
    does this mean they don't have it ?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

My parcel arrived to day at Hatfield it was signed for at 11.47 am, but on the address pal site at 7pm i get
    You do not have any Post Office/Collection Point transactions.
    does this mean they don't have it ?
    thanks

No you won't get a notification until it's in your selected post office and ready for collection once that happens you have seven days to collect it.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

RHJ wrote: »
    No you won't get a notification until it's in your selected post office and ready for collection once that happens you have seven days to collect it.

It's five working days to collect, not seven

First time use of the USA AP service last week, for a used bike brake caliper.
    It all went well, and the overall cost was a fair bit cheaper than some corroded piece of junk from a UK breaker.
    The one that arrived came from a mid-West state and looks almost brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

tommycahir wrote: »

My package finally arrived yesterday after it being delivered to addresspal on 18th March. I had contacted the addresspal customer service and they denied that they had any record of it being received by them, which is not very confidence inspiring. 20 days / 14 business days to deliver a package to a post office seems pretty high from past experience.

I think i'll be sticking to using parcel motel or home delivery with addresspal (due to tracking being available) in future.

First experience with Address Pal,
    Order posted Monday 1st April,
    Arrived at Hatfield hub Wednesday 3rd April,
    At my local post office today Friday 5th April,
    pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kogrady

Thank you.

Does anyone know what "ITEM IN DEPOT in portlaoise" means. I usually see dispatched, received, out for delivery but not sure what that means. Do i have to do anything or is it just something you see after it leaves customs and gets on the move?

I am waiting for an item from US
    It went into customs 12th April
    Then scanned ITEM IN DEPOT 13th April 17.23
    And again ITEM IN DEPOT 14th April 17.31

So it seems to be sitting in Portlaoise

How many days was your parcel scanned as ITEM IN DEPOT I had hoped it would of showed some movement on this evenings scan

thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

Addresspal looks like a very slow service. My parcel was delivered in UK on 12th of April but since then no update from Addresspal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Is there a limit on the size of parcels with AddressPal.

I presume for large items Parcel Motel would be better assuming you can collect from their Warehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Is there a limit on the size of parcels with AddressPal.

I presume for large items Parcel Motel would be better assuming you can collect from their Warehouse.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Advertisement