Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I presume for large items Parcel Motel would be better assuming you can collect from their Warehouse.

Maybe the option was always there but I just noticed the other day that you now have the option to get oversized items delivered to your home address with PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

I'd say for a large item go with parcel motel. I ordered a TV and paid €15 for it to be delivered to my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

That's good to know, thanks both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

For oversized items I found addresspal way cheaper than ParcelMotel.

PM can get expensive at €77 pretty fast for bigger items.

Best to use the calculator on PM before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Not to jinx anyone but Tvs,Whats happens if anything goes wrong with it you are fecked. how do u return it then ?? Cost u a fortune & hassle to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

konline wrote: »
    Addresspal looks like a very slow service. My parcel was delivered in UK on 12th of April but since then no update from Addresspal.

I got the following reply from Addresspal support team.

"Please note that Address Pal post office service is untraceable service and you will only get a notification when the parcel will be at the post office."

hmm, don't know what to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

"Please note that Address Pal post office service is untraceable service and you will only get a notification when the parcel will be at the post office."

The answer is that its a service that should only be used for low value items also because there is no insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

my3cents wrote: »
    The answer is that its a service that should only be used for low value items also because there is no insurance.

or very limited insurance only to 100e thats it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

or very limited insurance only to 100e thats it.

Its only €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'd say, it's worth paying the little bit extra to get it to your door, and it's traceable too.
    Now that I've ceased to trust DPD to not lose anything (3 times in two months, and they don't want to know) I'm using AddressPal Home Delivery service exclusively and have no complaints about missing items. I don't mind paying a quid or two more <SNIP> can we tone it down please.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Not to jinx anyone but Tvs,Whats happens if anything goes wrong with it you are fecked. how do u return it then ?? Cost u a fortune & hassle to do it.

^^ This. ^^

IMO it's actually a sort of gambling - will it break or not? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

hi all first time using addresspal, my parcel was delivered to their depot on friday. Do i get any confirmation that theyve received it or will i just get an email once its in my local post office? If so, when could i expect it to be there? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

dorito92 wrote: »
    hi all first time using addresspal, my parcel was delivered to their depot on friday. Do i get any confirmation that theyve received it or will i just get an email once its in my local post office? If so, when could i expect it to be there? thanks :)
    no notification until in post office,to give you some idea my last one was in Hatfield UK Wednesday then in my local post office Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

In my experience, TV and moitors are incredibly well packed. Not very environmentally friendly with all that styrofoam but very well protected.

So I'd concider it low risk.

I returned a 24 inch monitor to Amazon UK via the local post office no bother for free.

Amazon have a scarify excellent return process.
    Scary for local retailers that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

I have ordered an item and used an addresspal address. It was delivered to Morganvill Nj 07751 instead of NJ 07726 postal code for addresspal. Is this normal in people’s experience with addresspal? An post didn’t help much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

just wondering on delivery times from Uk to Ireland local post office? Was delivered to uk Saturday... hoping it should be in Dublin post office by tomorrow?

Thanks,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

hi folks,

just wondering on delivery times from Uk to Ireland local post office? Was delivered to uk Saturday... hoping it should be in Dublin post office by tomorrow?

Thanks,
    Michael

It varies. All my Amazon Parcels are in the post office within 2 working days every time. Everything else its between 6-8 working days.

Also factor in BH so I would guess Monday-Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Has anyone ever had an issue with AddressPal? I've used them plenty of times before, however I had an item delivered to the US address on the 7th of May and have heard nothing since!!
    Usually it takes a day or two after delivery for them to charge me are reship item into me from their US address. But its now 8 days and I have not had my item reshipped yet. I tried sending two emails to customer support and got no response!!. Also there's no answer from the Dublin phone no. provided on the 'contact us' part of the website. Never had an issue with them before. Anyone had this issue or a delay in items being reshipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had an issue with AddressPal? I've used them plenty of times before, however I had an item delivered to the US address on the 7th of May and have heard nothing since!!
    Usually it takes a day or two after delivery for them to charge me are reship item into me from their US address. But its now 8 days and I have not had my item reshipped yet. I tried sending two emails to customer support and got no response!!. Also there's no answer from the Dublin phone no. provided on the 'contact us' part of the website. Never had an issue with them before. Anyone had this issue or a delay in items being reshipped.

I'm having the same issue!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Bobdebob

I tried to get something delivered to the NJ address, US postal service have said the address is wrong (I've used it before without issue), multiple emails and phone calls to addresspal customer service have gone unanswered, are they having some kind of issue?? Anyone have anything successfully delivered in the US in recent weeks??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Bobdebob wrote: »
    I tried to get something delivered to the NJ address, US postal service have said the address is wrong (I've used it before without issue), multiple emails and phone calls to addresspal customer service have gone unanswered, are they having some kind of issue?? Anyone have anything successfully delivered in the US in recent weeks??

Got an item via NJ just last week.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I got the following response from Addresspal customer service about my missing package;

"Thank you for your email and patience while we investigated this issue. Please be informed that the reason of your parcel delay is your missed APW number on it.
    So your parcel was kept in our "Unidentified Parcels" department. Please do not forget to mention your APW number together with your name and our USA address next time."

This was the sellers fault in my case, I sent the full address to them originally, but obviously they left out the APW number when sending it to NJ. Hope this helps anyone with delayed packages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Any recommendations or warnings about parcel forwarding services from the US?

Looking to get about $100 of clothes no longer available outside there.

Bundlebox look ok. Any experiences? They handle vat and customs for you. They use fedex to deliver. How are fedex for deliveries from the US to here?

an post addresspal is cheaper for a single order, and can be assumed to be trustworthy (though bundlebox does seem totally legit from looking them up online).

Unclear to me if you need to pay vat or do a customs declaration with it. Do you?

[No idea what the model snip was about on this. Wasn't inquiring about anything illegal.]

I think you do get lamped for customs with an post anyway..

oh I see there's a huge thread on this already in the couriers sub forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Has anyone had this problem before?

I bought an item on eBay in the US and had it sent to AP in NJ. Whatever USPS service the seller used requires me to personally sign for the parcel. USPS refused to deliver it to AP and its now sitting in the local PO in NJ.

I have requested re-delivery for Tue and added a note to explain its a mail forwarding company but will USPS deliver it or is it going to end up back with the seller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Has anyone had this problem before?

I bought an item on eBay in the US and had it sent to AP in NJ. Whatever USPS service the seller used requires me to personally sign for the parcel. USPS refused to deliver it to AP and its now sitting in the local PO in NJ.

I have requested re-delivery for Tue and added a note to explain its a mail forwarding company but will USPS deliver it or is it going to end up back with the seller?

Update.. Went online and asked them to try and deliver again. Was received by An Post todsy but USPS says it is still in transit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

i want to buy speakers from amazon but doesnt post to here, they are 200 quid wonder would addresspal be safe for this, or would they be size restrictions on them, it says on the an post site if its too big they charge 25 euro for deliver

Advertisement