Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

manutd2007 wrote: »
    i want to buy speakers from amazon but doesnt post to here, they are 200 quid wonder would addresspal be safe for this, or would they be size restrictions on them, it says on the an post site if its too big they charge 25 euro for deliver

They only cover up to €40 value.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

manutd2007 wrote: »
    i want to buy speakers from amazon but doesnt post to here, they are 200 quid wonder would addresspal be safe for this, or would they be size restrictions on them, it says on the an post site if its too big they charge 25 euro for deliver

Parcel wizard is much better on larger sizes. Can they be posted to NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Hey,

Does anyone know where to lodge a formal complaint with addresspal? I’ve requested a copy of the company’s complaint procedure and haven’t heard back yet.

A package delivered to the UK in March, i have not received it. The last contact from them is that they were working on rerouting my package. They are not responding to any emails etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Anyone had any experience with UK Footlocker? Searched the thread to no avail.
    Footlocker website says no PO Box deliveries, will AddressPal work? I'm assuming secretary @ AP will sign for item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

DeWitt wrote: »
    Anyone had any experience with UK Footlocker? Searched the thread to no avail.
    Footlocker website says no PO Box deliveries, will AddressPal work? I'm assuming secretary @ AP will sign for item.

A friend tried to use AddressPal for Footlocker. The order was cancelled. They only send to the exact same address as the debit/credit card.

I think he ended up going to Belfast, ordering and paying for the runners there, but was able to collect them in one of the shops in Dublin. Took weeks though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MikillTheKid

Hey guys, I'm curious about paying for postage on ebay. Never used ebay before but I'm planning on buying a phone and there's a postage cost for delivery, I'm just wandering when I'm purchasing the phone do I also pay for the postage with the cost of the phone in one go or when the phone gets delivered to the given UK address and the people collecting the item to ship it to Ireland will they be asked to pay?
    Just want to know before ordering incase the phone gets refused or something else happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hey guys, I'm curious about paying for postage on ebay. Never used ebay before but I'm planning on buying a phone and there's a postage cost for delivery, I'm just wandering when I'm purchasing the phone do I also pay for the postage with the cost of the phone in one go or when the phone gets delivered to the given UK address and the people collecting the item to ship it to Ireland will they be asked to pay?
    Just want to know before ordering incase the phone gets refused or something else happens.

They are two completely separate transactions. You pay for the price of the phone and P&P that the seller applies to the UK. (Often that is free in the UK).

When the parcel gets delivered to AddressPal depot in the UK, once it has your AP number on the parcel, you will be charged the forwarding fee then. Amount will depend on collect or delivery option you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MikillTheKid

Davy wrote: »
    They are two completely separate transactions. You pay for the price of the phone and P&P that the seller applies to the UK. (Often that is free in the UK).

When the parcel gets delivered to AddressPal depot in the UK, once it has your AP number on the parcel, you will be charged the forwarding fee then. Amount will depend on collect or delivery option you choose.

Thank you so much for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I'm in the US for the summer and wanted to post back an empty watch box to Ireland. Its of limited value maybe 40 euro to something. Post to Ireland is expensive from here (i was quoted 85 dollars cheapest). So i sent it to my Address Pal US mailing address hoping it will get redirected to my Ireland address. This should be fine right? They sort of promote addresspal for use if buying something in the US so not sure what the craic is if just using it as a mail forwarding service. I guess its same as me ordering something from ebay and it being posted via address pal?

Thanks,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

prinzeugen wrote: »
    A friend tried to use AddressPal for Footlocker. The order was cancelled. They only send to the exact same address as the debit/credit card.

In a past life Tesco credit card were kind enough to add parcelMotel a second address for me. You could ask your credit card company.

I believe some debit cards do not use address verification, so you could use AP address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Hey,

Does anyone know where to lodge a formal complaint with addresspal? I’ve requested a copy of the company’s complaint procedure and haven’t heard back yet.

An Post are regulated by ComReg. I found them pretty helpful in the past with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

fifth wrote: »
    I see they have a limit of 20kg, trying to buy a TV that is 25kg..Addresspal will reject anything over 20kg and return to sender. anyone know of similar services that might allow this?
    whiterebel wrote: »
    Have a look at Parcel Wizards T&Cs. Remember to check the values that they insure to as well. AddressPal is only €40........

I have an unoriginal issue - ordered a TV from the Richersounds clearance section for delivery to Addresspal as these can't be delivered to NI. It was rejected as being oversized similar to the above. The document from Addresspal says it's 36kg; Richersounds advise me it's 85cm (H) x 141cm (W) x 17cm (D) and 25kg.

Are there any other delivery options?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Seamu$ wrote: »
    I have an unoriginal issue - ordered a TV from the Richersounds clearance section for delivery to Addresspal as these can't be delivered to NI. It was rejected as being oversized similar to the above. The document from Addresspal says it's 36kg; Richersounds advise me it's 85cm (H) x 141cm (W) x 17cm (D) and 25kg.

Are there any other delivery options?

Thanks

I had stuff from Richersounds couriered down here- cost me £40, money well spent.

Also- the 36kg is 'dimensional weight'- not actual weight.
    If you google 'dimensional weight'- you'll get an idea of how An Post came up with the 36kg........

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I had stuff from Richersounds couriered down here- cost me £40, money well spent.

Also- the 36kg is 'dimensional weight'- not actual weight.
    If you google 'dimensional weight'- you'll get an idea of how An Post came up with the 36kg........

Thanks The_Conductor, can I ask what courier you used for £40? I would be certainly willing to pay that, the TV itself was a decent bargain.

Also, when you say couriered "down here", do you mean from NI to ROI? This item was from Richersounds UK, they won't send to NI, if they did I could have used ParcelMotel or ParcelWizard.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Thanks The_Conductor, can I ask what courier you used for £40? I would be certainly willing to pay that, the TV itself was a decent bargain.

Also, when you say couriered "down here", do you mean from NI to ROI? This item was from Richersounds UK, they won't send to NI, if they did I could have used ParcelMotel or ParcelWizard.

Thanks

Sorry- I got mine in Belfast- I don't know a solution from GB to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adam124

I have used AP once before with no issues however I am now missing a set of Samsung buds...

What's everyone experience with their customer service? I was due to receive the parcel at the GPO latest on Tuesday however it's no where to be seen. I have since contacted customer support, emailed my details and provided screenshots noting confirmation of purchase, AP address and my name.

Royal mail confirm it was signed for at the AP hub however since then it has disappeared. How can AP not track a package from their hub to the post office?? It boggles the mind. After reading a number of horror stories online, I'm worried this will drag on for days, if not weeks. If I don't hear back tomorrow I'm going to demand a refund. Does anyone know how long this process takes?

Any advice to help "speedup" the process would be much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Is AddressPal the only option for ordering from the US (when the seller only delivers to the US)?

Or is there a preferred option? Large enough box (maybe size of 3 shoeboxes), about $150 value.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

adam124 wrote: »
    I have used AP once before with no issues however I am now missing a set of Samsung buds...

What's everyone experience with their customer service? I was due to receive the parcel at the GPO latest on Tuesday however it's no where to be seen. I have since contacted customer support, emailed my details and provided screenshots noting confirmation of purchase, AP address and my name.

Royal mail confirm it was signed for at the AP hub however since then it has disappeared. How can AP not track a package from their hub to the post office?? It boggles the mind. After reading a number of horror stories online, I'm worried this will drag on for days, if not weeks. If I don't hear back tomorrow I'm going to demand a refund. Does anyone know how long this process takes?

Any advice to help "speedup" the process would be much appreciated...

I'd wait; it could take up to a week from receipt at the AP hub, before it ends up in your local PO. There is no tracking between hub and PO

Is AddressPal the only option for ordering from the US (when the seller only delivers to the US)?

Or is there a preferred option? Large enough box (maybe size of 3 shoeboxes), about $150 value.

I've used shipito.com in the past with no issues, from US to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dollylama

Has anyone used the lockers yet?

I saw newly installed lockers outside the DSU on Griffith Avenue last week.. first I've seen. They look similar to the Parcel Motel lockers just with An Posts new branding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I made the mistake of not changing to the newer hub address in Amazon, now my parcel has been delivered to the old one . Has this happened to anyone else on this thread and what was the outcome ?

I can't add the US address as a delivery address on eBay without a US phone number. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I can't add the US address as a delivery address on eBay without a US phone number. Any ideas?
    The facility is run by Polar Express, so I put their phone number in. So far, there's been no problem.
    PE number is: 01 732 446 6772

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

For US home delivery, is payment taken automatically at any stage or how does payment work? Is it upon delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

For US home delivery, is payment taken automatically at any stage or how does payment work? Is it upon delivery?

Parcel arrives in NJ, AP send you an email requesting a bill of sale as often the sellers don't include any or much documentation. You reply with a screenshot of the sale price and they work out how much you owe them. Payment is deducted from your card then. That all happens quickly enough and then the parcel enters a kind of limbo until it magically appears in Portloaise up to a week later.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Hi, I have checked out the Addresspal website and seen how it works but I want to know if you would reccommend it or should I just wait until me or family memebers are in the States again. Is customs charged on top of the price of using the Addresspal service? The goods I want to purchase are $170 USD. How much could I expect to pay altogether? Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    Hi, I have checked out the Addresspal website and seen how it works but I want to know if you would reccommend it or should I just wait until me or family memebers are in the States again. Is customs charged on top of the price of using the Addresspal service? The goods I want to purchase are $170 USD. How much could I expect to pay altogether? Thanks

Mod merge with main AddressPal thread.

Please use this thread to work out the duty/VAT https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

They are charged on top if applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

whiterebel wrote:
    Please use this thread to work out the duty/VAT

Link doesn't work

Link doesn't work

Try searching for the "New Import Duty/VAT Thread" instead

• Advertisement

Link doesn't work

It works fine for me.

Advertisement