Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Spotted the first An Post locker in Galway at the weekend. Any idea when these are supposed to be up and running, if they aren't already?

I see on their website you can choose to avail of your local Post Office or collection point. Collection point presumably being the lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

theguzman wrote: »
    I see on their website you can choose to avail of your local Post Office or collection point. Collection point presumably being the lockers.

Thought that myself but nothing showing up on the website besides Post Offices, for now! Will have to wait and see I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Thought that myself but nothing showing up on the website besides Post Offices, for now! Will have to wait and see I suppose

Is that Galway based locker outside or near a Post Office or at random location? Would be great if An Post took it countrywide, Parcel Motel only targeted the bigger county towns, e.g. County Towns and larger urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Is their customer service woeful in general? I had an Amazon order arrive with them 2 weeks ago and I never received it. Emailed them a few times now and no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Is their customer service woeful in general? I had an Amazon order arrive with them 2 weeks ago and I never received it. Emailed them a few times now and no reply.

They changed the customer service provider 3 weeks ago, it should be better than what they had previously. I spoke with them last week where they confirmed this and took details of my complaint.
    After 7 weeks my claim has now been processed, not ideal but at least I will get back what the item cost. Will be closing my account once claim is paid. Parcel motel is more reliable

• Advertisement

Agent_47 wrote: »
    They changed the customer service provider 3 weeks ago, it should be better than what they had previously. I spoke with them last week where they confirmed this and took details of my complaint.
    After 7 weeks my claim has now been processed, not ideal but at least I will get back what the item cost. Will be closing my account once claim is paid. Parcel motel is more reliable

It's my first time using them and it's been a fairly terrible service so far. I feel like I got my order delivered into a black hole. Can't receive my item from them, can't have it returned to Amazon for a refund. No response at all from them. Won't be using them again.

It's my first time using them and it's been a fairly terrible service so far. I feel like I got my order delivered into a black hole. Can't receive my item from them, can't have it returned to Amazon for a refund. No response at all from them. Won't be using them again.

Amazon will have used your AP number so I would say it will be delivered eventually. Its other suppliers, the fact that Addresspal sign for deliveries from DHL with an X, no photos taken and no tracking between Addresspal and your Post office that will cause your package to go missing. If your name is Johnny Murphy and the AP number is missing then Addresspal have a lot of Johnny Murphys to check with for your package.... Need I say more?

Amazon will have used your AP number so I would say it will be delivered eventually. Its other suppliers, the fact that Addresspal sign for deliveries from DHL with an X, no photos taken and no tracking between Addresspal and your Post office that will cause your package to go missing. If your name is Johnny Murphy and the AP number is missing then Addresspal have a lot of Johnny Murphys to check with for your package.... Need I say more?

It was Amazon alright so my AP was on it, and it was received by them 3 weeks ago. Whatever about the package going missing, being blanked for 2 weeks by customer support is bad. Several emails, no replies. I called their number last week and was told they'll look into it and get back to me but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As I said, it feels like my packages were delivered into a black hole, and every contact with customer support is following them down the same black hole. At this point I feel like I just have to write it off and forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Have not used them in a while but everything always went great beforehand. Up until now and parcel delivered to them but nothing since. Won't respond to emails. MOD:<SNIP>

Have not used them in a while but everything always went great beforehand. Up until now and parcel delivered to them but nothing since. Won't respond to emails. Did they hire some light fingered or just useless staff or something

MOD <SNIP> I got my refund today but they sent it to my work place, which I never used for any Addresspal deliveries.

• Advertisement

How did u get a refund from them? I can't get a response from them no matter how I try.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: Some posters need to have a look at the forum charter to remind themselves of the dos and don’ts. Next time it will be warnings and bans.

How did u get a refund from them? I can't get a response from them no matter how I try.

You ring them or email them and get a ticket. Then when requested, send them the invoice and proof of delivery. That's for starters....

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭seekers

is there a uk version of addresspal to send parcels cheaply to the UK?

You ring them or email them and get a ticket. Then when requested, send them the invoice and proof of delivery. That's for starters....

Got a ticket number and emailed screenshot of order invoice and tracking numbers 3 weeks ago,.. No response. Several follow up emails... No response. Phoned them and was told they'd investigate get back to me.... No call back. This company are a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

seekers wrote: »
    is there a uk version of addresspal to send parcels cheaply to the UK?

Kind of...
    I use parcel2go for larger stuff, which works out reasonably cheaply.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Friend in the USA wants to send me his old laptop for parts.
    Gonna use the addresspal USA address.
    Would there be any word from customs/revenue? Since he's giving it for free?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

honda boi wrote: »

To Revenue everything has a value. Expect them to ask for the value of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

honda boi wrote: »

Make sure he tapes an envelope to the parcel with "Documents Enclosed" written on it and inside put a bill of sale for a nominal amount or make it plain it's a gift. Problem is with a gift it might still be assessed as having x-value, so best to put a figure of say, 20 dollars in it.
    I've just had a used oil cooler via AP US and only paid the forwarding fee, with no duty charged. The seller did as I asked and put a BoS for the actual amount of $50 in the envelope.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Make sure he tapes an envelope to the parcel with "Documents Enclosed" written on it and inside put a bill of sale for a nominal amount or make it plain it's a gift. Problem is with a gift it might still be assessed as having x-value, so best to put a figure of say, 20 dollars in it.
    I've just had a used oil cooler via AP US and only paid the forwarding fee, with no duty charged. The seller did as I asked and put a BoS for the actual amount of $50 in the envelope.

Thanks Dan .
    Its going to cost him to ship to the new jersey address. So I'm gonna PayPal him the cost.
    I could put down "laptop payment " when sending the PayPal payment.
    Then he just stick that into the box along with "laptop for parts"?

• Advertisement

honda boi - have a look through the charters for this and the online buying and auction forums (the parent forum for here) before posting anything else on this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

theguzman wrote: »
    Is that Galway based locker outside or near a Post Office or at random location? Would be great if An Post took it countrywide, Parcel Motel only targeted the bigger county towns, e.g. County Towns and larger urban areas.

Nearest post offices are about a 10-15 minute walk away, this is at shopping centre. I emailed them last week asking about it...and they replied telling me that they don't have a locker there :confused::pac:

HM2hCvm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Nearest post offices are about a 10-15 minute walk away, this is at shopping centre. I emailed them last week asking about it...and they replied telling me that they don't have a locker there :confused::pac:

HM2hCvm.png

The plot thickens :eek: :eek: Get Scooby Doo on the Case :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

HM2hCvm.png
    The lockers have nothing to do with AddressPal, which is why you got the reply you got. They're for normal an post parcel deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

gerard2210 wrote: »
    The lockers have nothing to do with AddressPal, which is why you got the reply you got. They're for normal an post parcel deliveries.

Which goes to show how crap An Post management is when it comes to do the one core thing we all expect them to do.

my3cents wrote: »
    Which goes to show how crap An Post management is when it comes to do the one core thing we all expect them to do.

????.
    If a customer won't be at home when a parcel is due for delivery they can choose to have it left in a locker.
    Is that not an improvement in service to the customer?

????.
    If a customer won't be at home when a parcel is due for delivery they can choose to have it left in a locker.
    Is that not an improvement in service to the customer?

But other customers can't choose to use the lockers.

my3cents wrote: »
    But other customers can't choose to use the lockers.
    Not yet. An post might allow that in time.

Not yet. An post might allow that in time.

Yep typical An Post do half a job and not do that well, but at least working that way they can always complain that they aren't making enough profit and put the prices up.

• Advertisement

Just had a couple of items with Addresspal, was only meant to be one but forgot to change the delivery address back for the following Amazon order :rolleyes:

Anyway had an item missing (memory card) from one order but really Amazons fault for crap packing - C4 (no not the explosive) packing works fine for books but not small items surprised I haven't lost stuff that way before.

Did wonder if Amazon would refund but a quick chat session and they did the refund. Didn't want the item sent again as it was free Prime delivery so better for me just to order another sent direct.

Ordered Tuesday evening delivered following Monday morning.

Advertisement