Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 haventaclue

It must have.
    I double checked the address I gave the seller/ebay.
    Posted Monday afternoon in New York,due New Jersey this morning and the tracking number tells me it is in Dallas,ah maybe it's on tour,but I wish it would hurry up and get it's arse on a plane to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It must have.
    Posted Monday afternoon in New York,due New Jersey this morning and the tracking number tells me it is in Dallas,ah maybe it's on tour,but I wish it would hurry up and get it's arse on a plane to Dublin.

Ah; that happened to a part I bought from Seattle a few years ago. Given that the shipper had used the cheapest service he could find (which I had no problem about, give the size of it) it got put on link transports that were vaguely heading in the right direction when there was some space.
    Took two months and at least a dozen stops to get here.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

It must have.

Is this the tracking number the sender in New York used that's telling you it's in Dallas?

If Addresspal in New Jersey haven't received it yet, then seems odd to say you'd never use them again when it's not their fault :confused:

I must apologize to Adresspal,it's the USPS,I have been researching and a lot of USPS mail seems to go to Dallas and forever languish in the Texas sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Had three parcel deliveries by AP this week, including a large 10KG box. All arrived within 36 hours of reaching the depot in the UK. Great service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    If Amazon (or anyone else) insist on a phone number, the office number of Polar Express, who run the service for An Post, is...
    01 732 446 6772

Is this the number for AddressPals Englishtown Hub?

Is this the number for AddressPals Englishtown Hub?

No, it's the number of Polar Express, who have an office somewhere near there. Whether they'd ever be able to help with queries about lost parcels or anything else, I don't know. The number is supplied purely for completeness, because some senders or intermediaries won't despatch things without a contact number of the recipient.
    It's better than a random number.

No, it's the number of Polar Express, who have an office somewhere near there. Whether they'd ever be able to help with queries about lost parcels or anything else, I don't know. The number is supplied purely for completeness, because some senders or intermediaries won't despatch things without a contact number of the recipient.
    It's better than a random number.

The reason I asked is that I'm expecting a parcel to be delivered to the Englishtown Hub from within the USA on Monday. Will the driver need a phone number for the Hub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

The reason I asked is that I'm expecting a parcel to be delivered to the Englishtown Hub from within the USA on Monday. Will the driver need a phone number for the Hub?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I gave Amazon the Home Delivery Address Pal address accidentally. Once this gets to Address Pal, can I change it to collect from depot?

First time using Address Pal. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Adiboo wrote: »
    I gave Amazon the Home Delivery Address Pal address accidentally. Once this gets to Address Pal, can I change it to collect from depot?

First time using Address Pal. Thanks

No

I got notified by Amazon that my order has been delivered to AddressPals Englishtown Hub. They provided a picture of the package left at a door.

How can I confirm that AddressPal have received the package?

If the driver needs to talk to the Polar Express people for directions, opening hours, etc, that number will be useful to him. I'd imagine by this time all the routine delivery drivers in that area know where it is, though.

I got notified by Amazon that my order has been delivered to AddressPals Englishtown Hub. They provided a picture of the package left at a door.

How can I confirm that AddressPal have received the package?

I just got a notification from Revolut that AddressPal tried to debit 15.99 from my Account so I presume they have the package.

The problem is I had insufficient funds in the account at the time. I thought I would be notified by ADDRESSPAL before payment would be requested.

What happens now? I tried calling them but you can only email the US Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

question? first time user of addresspal uk.. do you get a tracking no when they get parcel or just wait and hope it arrives? parcel was delivered yesterday but nothing heard from addresspal?
    Thanks

paddy19 wrote: »
    Received UK on Friday here Tuesday of bank holiday weekend. I think it depends on when your parcel hits the UK warehouse. They seem to ship about twice a week.
    So if you your parcel arrives just after the shipment you could see a longer delay.

tigger1962 wrote: »
    question? first time user of addresspal uk.. do you get a tracking no when they get parcel or just wait and hope it arrives? parcel was delivered yesterday but nothing heard from addresspal?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem. See my post above. They haven't notified me but tried to charge my Card without me kniwing payment was due.

There is no direct customer service ph number.
    The company who runs their Hub is Polar Express and their number provided earlier in the thread is
    01 732 446 6772

Theres two email addresses you can contact AddressPal themselves on

addresspalsupport@anpost.ie

customer.services@addresspalus.com

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I'm having the same problem. See my post above. They haven't notified me but tried to charge my Card without me kniwing payment was due.

There is no direct customer service ph number.
    The company who runs their Hub is Polar Express and their number provided earlier in the thread is
    01 732 446 6772

Theres two email addresses you can contact AddressPal themselves on

addresspalsupport@anpost.ie

customer.services@addresspalus.com

Thats the details for the US adress pal, the poster was asking about the UK one
    tigger1962 wrote: »
    Thanks

You don't get a notification until it either lands in your local Post Office or is delivered. It can take up to 5 working days. See 'How Does it Work' here: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq

Addresspal is a reshipping service,you buy of ebay and ship to 5 S. Main St. Englishtown and Polar ship it on to Ireland,am I right so far? Here's an interesting piece of info for people buying of ebay
    "This is a RESHIPPER SERVICE, not a scam company / business. The reason so many scams come from here is people from other countries (usually Russia or Russian-speaking countries based on the complaints) will hack e-mail accounts / scam people, and have the packages sent to this address to be shipped to their country. The reshipper has no idea if a package was purchased legitimately or by a scammer, so they reship it as told, and once it gets to the country, it's pretty much a done deal.
    To other E-bay sellers, if your buyer tells you to ship here, you aren't being scammed, and even if you are, buyers who use re-shippers forfeit their buyer protections."
    Credit Max P New York.
    The interesting bit is "buyers who use re-shippers forfeit their buyer protections." So if your purchase arrives not fit for purpose..... Who do you talk to?
    What a body does to pass the time while my package is touring the USA

Spocker wrote: »
    Thats the details for the US adress pal, the poster was asking about the UK one
    Apologies, overlooked that. I was pre occupied with my US problem.

You don't get a notification until it either lands in your local Post Office or is delivered. It can take up to 5 working days. See 'How Does it Work' here: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq

Here's what An Post say

"Notification
    AddressPal UK and USA Home Delivery service:
    Once your item is processed at our UK or USA address, An Post will send you an email with your tracking number and estimated delivery time
    AddressPal Post Office Collection service:
    An Post will notify you by email that your AddressPal item has arrived into your nominated Post Office/Collection Point and is available for pick up. SMS notification is also available"

Considering my Package was delivered by Amazon to the US hub and AddressPal tried to debit my Account by €15 p+p why wasn't I notified by email?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Here's what An Post say

"Notification
    AddressPal UK and USA Home Delivery service:
    Once your item is processed at our UK or USA address, An Post will send you an email with your tracking number and estimated delivery time
    AddressPal Post Office Collection service:
    An Post will notify you by email that your AddressPal item has arrived into your nominated Post Office/Collection Point and is available for pick up. SMS notification is also available"

Considering my Package was delivered by Amazon to the US hub and AddressPal tried to debit my Account by €15 p+p why wasn't I notified by email?

It may have arrived there, but it wasn't processed until you have the service paid for. You didn't. I think the same happened to someone here and they returned to sender.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    It may have arrived there, but it wasn't processed until you have the service paid for. You didn't. I think the same happened to someone here and they returned to sender.

My point is that they never notified me that it had arrived.
    I could have paid if I was notified.

They have to have been aware that there would be occasions when there would be insufficient funds in customers accounts on occasion and then have a policy of notifying the customer that p+p needed to be paid.

How can returning post in these curcumstances be good for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

My point is that they never notified me that it had arrived.
    I could have paid if I was notified.

By notifying you about its payment details,isn't it a notification as well that they have it

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I got notified by Amazon that my order has been delivered to AddressPals Englishtown Hub.

Should you not have made sure your Revolut was topped up and ready when you got this notification?

By notifying you about its payment details,isn't it a notification as well that they have it

Revolut notified me, AddressPal did not. A popup on my phone said insufficient funds. I topped up immediately thinking the payment would go true but it didnt. I've had no correspondence from AddressPal
    Spocker wrote: »
    Should you not have made sure your Revolut was topped up and ready when you got this notification?
    I had made other payments recentlly and didn't realise how low it was. Either way my understanding was An Post would notify me when the package was there and then request for payment.

Not sure about the US service but Addresspal UK will re-try for payment supposedly after four days.
    I got caught short a while ago and they told me that would be the case. As it turned out I'd put funds in almost coincidentally with their attempt for payment but just missed it. They took payment the next day, not four days later as they'd said.

Not sure about the US service but Addresspal UK will re-try for payment supposedly after four days.
    I got caught short a while ago and they told me that would be the case. As it turned out I'd put funds in almost coincidentally with their attempt for payment but just missed it. They took payment the next day, not four days later as they'd said.

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully that's the case. A simple email would solve this problem.

My Revolut account just got debited by AddressPal for €15.99.

I hadn't checked my emails before that and when I did there was an email at 3.30pm from noreply@anpost.ie saying
    "Good news! Your AddressPal item has been received, and your item will be delivered to the following address:

Payment of €15.99 has been processed and is received with thanks.

AddressPal USA items will be delivered within 5 to 6 working days. You can track your item by visiting www.anpost.ie using the following tracking number"

Earlier I had received an email at 1.30pm from customer.services@addresspalus.com saying
    "Good Afternoon,
    Apologies for our delayed response.
    Can you please provide the proof of delivery from Amazon, as we do not have access to their tracking system?"

I never got back to them with the Amazon info.
    I think in future if people on boards have problems with AddressPal you are better emailing AnPosts email rather than AddressPals email. I certainly wouldn't rely on AddressPal USA to let you know a package had arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭walshtipp

Has anyone on here used AddressPal UK recently? It has been 7 working days since my parcel was delivered in UK and it is not here yet. Normally my stuff arrives after 3-4 days. Has anybody else been experiencing delays?

Thanks

walshtipp wrote: »
    Has anyone on here used AddressPal UK recently? It has been 7 working days since my parcel was delivered in UK and it is not here yet. Normally my stuff arrives after 3-4 days. Has anybody else been experiencing delays?

Thanks

Have you contacted them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭walshtipp

Have you contacted them?

I wrote them an email yesterday, but have not received a response yet.

Advertisement