Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

walshtipp wrote: »
    I wrote them an email yesterday, but have not received a response yet.

They say they will respond within a day or two but you could be waiting. For a Postal network communication is not their strong suit.

If you have proof of delivery from the company you ordered from forward that to AddressPal.

Btw have they debited your account? If so you should be alright as that means they received your parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭walshtipp

They say they will respond within a day or two but you could be waiting. For a Postal network communication is not their strong suit.

If you have proof of delivery from the company you ordered from forward that to AddressPal.

Btw have they debited your acvount? If so you should be alright as that means they received your parcel.

Thanks, I will wait for them to respond. It is collect at post office service so no debiting involved.

Thanks

Thanks, I will wait for them to respond. It is collect at post office service so no debiting involved.

Thanks

Didn't realise that. Does that apply to orders coming from the USA as well?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Didn't realise that. Does that apply to orders coming from the USA as well?

Nope, just the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Has anyone on here used AddressPal UK recently? It has been 7 working days since my parcel was delivered in UK and it is not here yet. Normally my stuff arrives after 3-4 days. Has anybody else been experiencing delays?

Thanks

They consolidate the parcels and ship twice a week so you can be lucky or a bit delayed. Recently my parcel arrived in Addresspal UK on Friday and delivered to local PO on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

paddy19 wrote: »
    They consolidate the parcels and ship twice a week so you can be lucky or a bit delayed. Recently my parcel arrived in Addresspal UK on Friday and delivered to local PO on Tuesday.

even amazon prime is delayed @ the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I had three AddressPal deliveries (including a large 10KG box) last week arrive within 3 days of reaching the hub. I don't think there's major delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have never used AddressPal for shipping from the US but thinking about it as theres a couple of items on Amazon there that are half the price of the .co.uk site. Whats the story with customs, is it almost guaranteed to get hit or more a matter of pot luck. And aside from 23% vat on the item and on shipping are there any other charges like an admin fee to be paid to AddressPal?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have never used AddressPal for shipping from the US but thinking about it as theres a couple of items on Amazon there that are half the price of the .co.uk site. Whats the story with customs, is it almost guaranteed to get hit or more a matter of pot luck. And aside from 23% vat on the item and on shipping are there any other charges like an admin fee to be paid to AddressPal?

I'll let you know by Tue or Wed. I'm expecting a package from the U.S around then. So far I have just been charged €15.99 p+p but there might be customs and vat on top, I don't know yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Addresspal UK- kudos......
    Amazon package delivered 'To Postroom' @ 11.30AM on Friday 24th.
    Text message @ 12.30 today advising its ready for collection.
    They've actually set a record for anything I've ever ordered through them.
    Well done An Post.

• Advertisement

Addresspal UK- kudos......
    Amazon package delivered 'To Postroom' @ 11.30AM on Friday 24th.
    Text message @ 12.30 today advising its ready for collection.
    They've actually set a record for anything I've ever ordered through them.
    Well done An Post.

ye lucky feckers :P:P that got it quick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is addresspal US working ok? I ordered something last week but then realized you can't send parcels to the US at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'll let you know by Tue or Wed. I'm expecting a package from the U.S around then. So far I have just been charged €15.99 p+p but there might be customs and vat on top, I don't know yet.

cheers, would be good to hear how you get on. Especially if AddressPal have some sort of admin fee for collecting the VAT, I think DHL do and some other courier companies as well. I cant see anything on their website about it so maybe its covered in the 15.99.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    cheers, would be good to hear how you get on. Especially if AddressPal have some sort of admin fee for collecting the VAT, I think DHL do and some other courier companies as well. I cant see anything on their website about it so maybe its covered in the 15.99.

DHL do. I had to pay admin on my last order with them. I'll post here when it arrives.

Theres a thread on DHL customs charges in the couriers forum
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070582

DHL do. I had to pay admin on my last order with them. I'll post here when it arrives.
    Theres a thread on DHL customs charges in the couriers forum
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070582

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I remember an admin charge of a €10.

The web page has this:
    A fee of 1% of the value, with a minimum charge of €10 per packet and parcel, is charged by An Post for customs clearance of parcels imported from countries outside the European Union. This fee is in addition to any duty or VAT payable. Items coming from destinations outside the EU may be subject to delay due to customs examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

so i stupidly had my office address in addresspal and ordered something via the US last week. I got the email from addresspal yesterday to say they were preparing dispatch and then noticed the office address in the email. I replied to the customer service email and asked for a redirect. I got an automated response with a ticket. Any chance they will update to my home address? The challenge is we can't actually go to the office at the moment with restrictions.

Thanks,
    Mick

hi folks,

so i stupidly had my office address in addresspal and ordered something via the US last week. I got the email from addresspal yesterday to say they were preparing dispatch and then noticed the office address in the email. I replied to the customer service email and asked for a redirect. I got an automated response with a ticket. Any chance they will update to my home address? The challenge is we can't actually go to the office at the moment with restrictions.

Thanks,
    Mick

I think you should phone An Post directly and ask them can they sort it. See if you can call Head office because if you just get customer care they will pass you to the automated AdreessPal phone message which just asks you to email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Am I right in saying oversized items are just turned away. I'm looking at a weight set in the UK. I'm guessing won't be able to use addresspal for it

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭walshtipp

Am I right in saying oversized items are just turned away. I'm looking at a weight set in the UK. I'm guessing won't be able to use addresspal for it

From addresspal website "Should your item be oversize, we will contact you and your item will be available for collection from a Delivery Service Unit subject to a fee of €25. Items over the Home Delivery dimensions or over 20kg in weight will be refused and returned to sender."

From addresspal website "Should your item be oversize, we will contact you and your item will be available for collection from a Delivery Service Unit subject to a fee of €25. Items over the Home Delivery dimensions or over 20kg in weight will be refused and returned to sender."

Translated:
    1. If the parcel weights more than 20KG it will be rejected.

2. If a parcel for collection at Post Office/Collection Point Pick Up (UK Only)
    is above the max dimensions of length 72 ,depth 25 and width 31 they will contact you and your item will be available for collection from a Delivery Service Unit subject to a fee of €25.

3. Parcel with Length + Girth > 300cm will be rejected.

To calculate Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)

• Advertisement

Lads anyone ever get a e-mail like this from address pal (sorry cant upload pictures cause sites is loading too slowing & not working right)

''AddressPal Is this your parcel <AddressPal.Isthisyourparcel@airbusiness.com>

11:58 AM (22 minutes ago)

to AddressPal

Dear AddressPal Customer,

*** Please reply directly to this email to ensure that your parcel is not delayed. ***

An AddressPal item has arrived into Air Business without the unique AddressPal Account Number included in the postal address.

The item is in the name of Mr G XXXX As there are a number of individuals with the same name (but different account numbers) on our database, we require additional information to ensure a successful delivery.

In the event that you may have ordered an item recently through our service, we would be obliged if you would respond to this e-mail with the following information –

1. A brief description of item(s) ordered and the tracking number of item(s)

2. The supplier i.e. company the item was ordered from.

Should your response match the item(s) at hand, we will dispatched your package promptly using your preferred delivery option.

Please ignore this email if you have not ordered or are not expecting any item(s) in the last week.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

AddressPal Customer Support Team ''''

have Ordered nothing.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yep, it just means that they received a parcel addressed to James Bond, with no Address Pal id on the parcel. When they looked in the system, theres more than one 'James Bond' registered, so they email them all, to find out whos parcel it is, and then send it to the right person.

This also means that they have to open the parcel, to verify whats inside. Only the *real* JamesBond will know, so he emails back with a description, and gets his parcel.

Spocker wrote: »
    Yep, it just means that they received a parcel addressed to James Bond, with no Address Pal id on the parcel. When they looked in the system, theres more than one 'James Bond' registered, so they email them all, to find out whos parcel it is, and then send it to the right person.

This also means that they have to open the parcel, to verify whats inside. Only the *real* JamesBond will know, so he emails back with a description, and gets his parcel.

Thanks.i was wondering there for a min. i was half guessing that what you said.

also thought when saw it 1st netflix scam type is gone very good LOL

My US AddressPal package arrived this morning.
    I was not charged any customs fee but this might be because it contained clothing and was within the weight guidelines

Timeline of Order:
    I ordered the package on the 10th April.
    Package arrived at AddressPal USA on Sunday the 19th April.This was the day I was told by Amazon it would arrive on. Amazon notified me but AddressPal did not. I had no way of confirming if Amazon had delivered to the correct address.

On Monday 20th AddressPal tried to debit €15.99 from my Revolut account but I didn't have funds in it at the time which was my fault but I think AddressPal should have notified me that I need to pay €15.99 for the order to proceed.

On Thursday 23rdMay AddressPal tried again to debit my account and this was successful. I received an email saying the order was being processed.

Four days had been wasted at this stage due to them not notifying me that payment was required.

Summary
    Once they processed the order on the 23rd it took 8 working days to arrive with no custom charges. This is excellent.

My only fault with AddressPal is the lack of communication. I got not notification that the parcel arrived in Englishtown, no notification that my p+p payment had failed and not no notification that they would delivering the order this morning.

All in all its a great service but they need to improve their customer service especially letting you know that packages have arrived at their Hub

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My US AddressPal package arrived this morning.
    I was not charged any customs fee but this might be because it contained clothing and was within the weight guidelines

Timeline of Order:
    I ordered the package on the 10th April.
    Package arrived at AddressPal USA on Sunday the 19th April.This was the day I was told by Amazon it would arrive on. Amazon notified me but AddressPal did not. I had no way of confirming if Amazon had delivered to the correct address.

On Monday 20th AddressPal tried to debit €15.99 from my Revolut account but I didn't have funds in it at the time which was my fault but I think AddressPal should have notified me that I need to pay €15.99 for the order to proceed.

On Thursday 23rdMay AddressPal tried again to debit my account and this was successful. I received an email saying the order was being processed.

Four days had been wasted at this stage due to them not notifying me that payment was required.

Summary
    Once they processed the order on the 23rd it took 8 working days to arrive with no custom charges. This is excellent.

My only fault with AddressPal is the lack of communication. I got not notification that the parcel arrived in Englishtown, no notification that my p+p payment had failed and not no notification that they would delivering the order this morning.

All in all its a great service but they need to improve their customer service especially letting you know that packages have arrived at their Hub

you knew the package was on the way to addresspay and you had a good idea when it was due to arrive. In fact it arrived exactly as amazon predicted. Any delay is down to you. If addresspal had to notify everybody that a package had arrived and payment was going to be taken that would delay every package. that would be madness.

you knew the package was on the way to addresspay and you had a good idea when it was due to arrive. In fact it arrived exactly as amazon predicted. Any delay is down to you. If addresspal had to notify everybody that a package had arrived and payment was going to be taken that would delay every package. that would be madness.

Amazon said they delivered the package. I had no way of knowing if it was delivered to the correct address because AddressPal never said they had received it.

It was my fault that funds weren't in my account at the time they requested to debit my account. However a simple email or text could have let me know and I could have paid them on the day. As it was I topped up immediately after I received notice from Revolut that I had insufficient funds. If AP had tried again later in the day to debit my account payment would have went through. Four days were needlessly lost.

It would not delay orders if AddressPal notified customers that their order had arrived. How do Amazon do it? All they need to do is automate their system so that when a package is scanned in a received message is sent.

Do you work for to them or something. You take any criticism of AP to heart.

They definitely need to improve their customer service. If you don't believe me try calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Are packages from the UK taking longer than normal?

They received it last Tuesday. Normally I would have got it by now.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Are packages from the UK taking longer than normal?

They received it last Tuesday. Normally I would have got it by now.

it varies mine was when i ordered from amazon uk. y/day was bank holiday as well remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Amazon said they delivered the package. I had no way of knowing if it was delivered to the correct address because AddressPal never said they had received it.

It was my fault that funds weren't in my account at the time they requested to debit my account. However a simple email or text could have let me know and I could have paid them on the day. As it was I topped up immediately after I received notice from Revolut that I had insufficient funds. If AP had tried again later in the day to debit my account payment would have went through. Four days were needlessly lost.

It would not delay orders if AddressPal notified customers that their order had arrived. How do Amazon do it? All they need to do is automate their system so that when a package is scanned in a received message is sent.

the take the payment with an automated system. they take the payment as soon as the parcel arrives and they scan it. you knew when the parcel was due to arrive with them. the responsibility is on you make sure the payment method you used has sufficient credit. the delay was down to you.

They definitely need to improve their customer service. If you don't believe me try calling them.

you were the one who got things wrong. you're trying to blame AP to make yourself feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: Do not question where a poster works; this is sitewide, not just this forum. You have made your point repeatedly about what you expect to happen with An Post. Its probably never going to happen, seeing as APs grasp of customer service is so poor, so please leave it and move on.

Advertisement