Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

How long does it usually take for AddressPal to process items delivered to the US hub? I had a parcel delivered there yesterday, it's my first time using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

VG31 wrote: »
    How long does it usually take for AddressPal to process items delivered to the US hub? I had a parcel delivered there yesterday, it's my first time using it.

You might get an email today or tomorrow requesting purchase details if the seller hasn't put them on a docket in a pocket on the parcel - this is to assess what value it has.
    Failing that, the first thing you get is an email telling you how much has been charged from your payment account.
    Next thing is to wait five days or longer while they shuffle the parcel along a queue.

Then you get a notice from An Post, telling you your parcel is at the Dublin Hub, and (depending on point one) might be going through customs.
    It will suddenly appear at Portlaiose, then be delivered by time warp drive.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

From my experience with them they will attempt to take payment of €15.99 from your account the day it arrives or the next working day if the parcel arrived on a weekend. Make sure you have funds in your account.

The parcel was delivered to me 8 working days after payment debited from my account which is very good.

From my experience with them they will attempt to take payment of €15.99 from your account the day it arrives or the next working day if the parcel arrived on a weekend. Make sure you have funds in your account.

My parcel arrived at 12:30 on Monday. I still haven't been charged or received any email. Should I be concerned?

My parcel arrived at 12:30 on Monday. I still haven't been charged or received any email. Should I be concerned?

I'm not sure if Monday was a Bank Holiday in the States so they might debit it today.

The above situation is a good example of the problem I have with AP. A customer's package is understood to be delivered to AP but the customer has no way of knowing if it was delivered to the right address because AP doesn't notify the customer that they have received it.

Seeing as they haven't debited your account up to now and the package is supposedly there I think you should email them and hope they respond to you within a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I'm not sure if Monday was a Bank Holiday in the States so they might debit it today.

The above situation is a good example of the problem I have with AP. A customer's package is understood to be delivered to AP but the customer has no way of knowing if it was delivered to the right address because AP doesn't notify the customer that they have received it.

Seeing as they haven't debited your account up to now and the package is supposedly there I think you should email them and hope they respond to you within a few days.

"AP doesn't notify the customer that they have received it."

It's a bit hookey but you know they have received the package when they debit your account.

Obviously could be slicker but it works.

paddy19 wrote: »
    "AP doesn't notify the customer that they have received it."

It's a bit hookey but you know they have received the package when they debit your account.

Obviously could be slicker but it works.

The point is until your account is debited you don't know where the package is.

The only thing you have to go on is the info provided by the sellers Courier but this might not be accurate because they may have delivered to the wrong address.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My US AddressPal package arrived this morning.
    I was not charged any customs fee but this might be because it contained clothing and was within the weight guidelines

Thanks for updating the thread on how you got on with the US order stockshares, very helpful. Great to hear you avoided the dreaded customs, while its not the end of the world it can still take the shine off a bargain from the US. Do you mind me asking what was the approx value of your package?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the collection points for Address Pal?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

johnire wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find a list of the collection points for Address Pal?
    Thanks
    Fairly certain it's nearly every post office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭walshtipp

johnire wrote: »
    Thanks

Go to the An Post store locator. https://www.anpost.com/Store-Locator

Enter your location
    Choose service (AddressPal)
    Search

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SullDog

Anyone else experiencing delays with AP local post office collections from the UK? I've one order coming up on 17 days and still nothing... they're still sending the pickup notifications via email, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I've used AddressPal US service about 20-30 times in the last year without issue. Only now have I experienced my first proper delay. eBay purchase marked by USPS as delivered last Wednesday, but still no activity on my AddressPal account. Starting to get worried.

I've used AddressPal US service about 20-30 times in the last year without issue. Only now have I experienced my first proper delay. eBay purchase marked by USPS as delivered last Wednesday, but still no activity on my AddressPal account. Starting to get worried.

Mine took from Monday to Friday to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Wife is also waiting for a delivery from USA USPS four weeks now and think that the parcel is still in the States.
    You have to remember that the postal service world wide is under great strain with lots of people ordering online etc now.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Wife is also waiting for a delivery from USA USPS four weeks now and think that the parcel is still in the States.
    You have to remember that the postal service world wide is under great strain with lots of people ordering online etc now.

Yeah I know what you mean. Only in this case, USPS have delivered (and fairly quickly at that). It's just a delay on AddressPal acknowledging receipt.

The poster above said it took them a week so hopefully mine will be acknowledged soon. One of my more expensive purchases compared to the dozens of successful deliveries I've had :(

I've used the USA home delivery a few times and only once did I have any real delays but 17/18 days from the UK is a new one for me. Usually takes a week - week and a half tops. Hopefully it's not 'lost'.

SullDog wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing delays with AP local post office collections from the UK? I've one order coming up on 17 days and still nothing... they're still sending the pickup notifications via email, aren't they?

My wee parcel arrived AddressPal UK 6th.

Arrived PO here today the 11th.

I think your order might be in a spot of bother!

Ugh, still nothing.

What are AP like once you've opened a lost item case?

And is there any insurance or am I out of luck if it's lost?

Ugh, still nothing.

Don't loose faith just yet!

Might want to check if your eBay supplier including your reference number in the address.

If you could get details of the package size and colour you can send it to AP.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/terms-and-conditions

Without prejudice to conditions 5, 7 and 8 the liability of An Post for any physical loss or damage to the Item is limited in respect of Items delivered using “AddressPal Service” to the lesser of:

And in respect of Items delivered using “AddressPal Home Delivery Service” to the lesser of:
    (i)The amount of loss or damage actually sustained
    (ii) €200

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Three items signed for (29th April, 1st May and 3rd of May) not arrived here yet.
    Its very hit and miss- and you can't really blame them given everything thats happening. I've had virtually overnight deliveries from them- and I've had this 2 week delay......... Thats life. I suspect everything is delayed, I don't suspect anything has gone missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Ugh, still nothing.

If you get the right person they are good, I had two packages booked in by my local post office they then sent them back by mistake and refused to admit the error. Bluffed for a week saying wait it will show up. Eventually I go on to address pal customer service who were great they located them and got them sent back to me. They told me the local post office counter staff were bull sh1tting me. Cost me three weeks on a simple package that I needed to fix something at home for my mother. Got it done just in time for the lockdown. I might give their locker service a go but I won't use the local PO again if I can

paddy19 wrote: »
    Don't loose faith just yet!

Might want to check if your eBay supplier including your reference number in the address.

If you could get details of the package size and colour you can send it to AP.

Finally got to the bottom of my delayed package!
    Contacted the seller who admittedly had forgotten to include my AP code on the delivery address. We both contacted AddressPal through email and phone, answered the various questions and HEY PRESTO! package has been located and will be with me in a few days.
    Although happy that I finally know the package is on the way, I'm still slightly p*ssed that the package has obviously been sitting in the UK Hub weeks and would quite possibly be left sitting there for the foreseeable had I not contacted them. ANYWAYS all's well that ends well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Three items signed for (29th April, 1st May and 3rd of May) not arrived here yet.
    Its very hit and miss- and you can't really blame them given everything thats happening. I've had virtually overnight deliveries from them- and I've had this 2 week delay......... Thats life. I suspect everything is delayed, I don't suspect anything has gone missing.

ya delayed i say them amount of parcels they are getting is unreal from people ordering online. Its in the thousands delivery driver was telling me. cant keep up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Finally got to the bottom of my delayed package!
    Contacted the seller who admittedly had forgotten to include my AP code on the delivery address. We both contacted AddressPal through email and phone, answered the various questions and HEY PRESTO! package has been located and will be with me in a few days.
    Although happy that I finally know the package is on the way, I'm still slightly p*ssed that the package has obviously been sitting in the UK Hub weeks and would quite possibly be left sitting there for the foreseeable had I not contacted them. ANYWAYS all's well that ends well! :)

thats the sellers faults not them. AP do contact people if there is not ap code on the parcel & try & locate the right owner, i had one of these emails only last week asking me did i order something and to e-mail them if i did.

thats the sellers faults not them. AP do contact people if there is not ap code on the parcel & try & locate the right owner, i had one of these emails only last week asking me did i order something and to e-mail them if i did.

Yep you're perfectly right, suppose I was just venting. I've had it before that they've rang to confirm if I'd ordered anything, obviously they're up to their eyeballs with deliveries at the minute which would slow the process down. Actually have a brother in law working in the sorting centre who's told me the past few weeks have been Christmas period busy only better/worst depending on which way you look at it.

Yep you're perfectly right, suppose I was just venting. I've had it before that they've rang to confirm if I'd ordered anything, obviously they're up to their eyeballs with deliveries at the minute which would slow the process down. Actually have a brother in law working in the sorting centre who's told me the past few weeks have been Christmas period busy only better/worst depending on which way you look at it.

Mine still hasn't been accounted for.

Had another package received by the NJ hub today and it hit my account within a couple of hours.

Sounds like my original one is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Mine still hasn't been accounted for.

Had another package received by the NJ hub today and it hit my account within a couple of hours.

Sounds like my original one is missing.

I'm the same order delivered to hub on

Friday, May 8th 10:34 AM - Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery - Englishtown, NJ

Has not shown up on AdressPal yet. Presume it is just slow at the moment due to Covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Anyone got experience with USA addresspal items sitting with customs for this long? No change in status since May 5th..."assessed by customs".

Advertisement