Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I was just adding AddressPal to Amazon.com but they want a phone number.

Do An Post provide one for situations like?
    This is the phone number of Polar Express, who operate the service for AP in NJ.
    001 732 446 6772
    Ebay accepts it ok.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

I usually put the APW number as the first line in the street address field. Not sure what to do with eBay, never really used it.

I've tried it a (free)FEW times and even set it to autofill the US AddressPal from my contact book.

It still changes. It also change the post code.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    This is the phone number of Polar Express, who operate the service for AP in NJ.
    001 732 446 6772
    Ebay accepts it ok.

Thanks a million.

Any idea how to get Amazon from changing the address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It still changes. It also change the post code.

Does it change the post code from 07726 to 07726-1558?

If so, this is fine. I've used the NJ hub around 47 times since the start of 2019 and every package has arrived. The only ones I've had problems with are when the seller either mislabels it, or USPS mishandle it.

But the customer service I've gotten from Polar Express has been brilliant and they've always located them.

Thanks a million.

Any idea how to get Amazon from changing the address?

Enter it as a new address, save it, and in your list of addresses on Amazon, delete the wrong one.

• Advertisement

If so, this is fine. I've used the NJ hub around 47 times since the start of 2019 and every package has arrived. The only ones I've had problems with are when the seller either mislabels it, or USPS mishandle it.

But the customer service I've gotten from Polar Express has been brilliant and they've always located them.

No it is the APW number and the street address.

They get reversed.

I thought since the APW number is specific for address pal and is actual my ID that and not part of an address that it might cause confusion along the way.

I got what I wanted on eBay which wanted me to change the address to the same as Amazon but allowed me to keep it the proper way.

Enter it as a new address, save it, and in your list of addresses on Amazon, delete the wrong one.

Amazon just keeps auto correcting it.

Amazon just keeps auto correcting it.

That sort of happened to me, but I solved by doing what I described.
    Are you working with Amazon UK or US site?
    I have an account on both, but they're linked and have a plethora of addresses I can get stuff delivered to over there and here, and apart from that glitch, had no trouble.
    Recently though, the US side has got sniffy about sending stuff to me here, unless I log out of my Irish browser and open a fresh page to log into Amazon US, which didn't used to happen, so there's been a code change to the addressing software / database management.

That sort of happened to me, but I solved by doing what I described.
    Are you working with Amazon UK or US site?
    I have an account on both, but they're linked and have a plethora of addresses I can get stuff delivered to over there and here, and apart from that glitch, had no trouble.
    Recently though, the US side has got sniffy about sending stuff to me here, unless I log out of my Irish browser and open a fresh page to log into Amazon US, which didn't used to happen, so there's been a code change to the addressing software / database management.

Sorry I had not checked in in a few days and so am only seeing this response now.

It was the US site.

I think my parcel has gone astray. It was "processed through" New York USPS on the 19th and the tracking has stooped updating.

It was post on the 17th, "processed through" Montreal on the 18th & 19th (I assume this just Canadian post handing over to US post) and then New York.

4 days is long time o not get scanned in New Jersey.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sorry I had not checked in in a few days and so am only seeing this response now.

It was the US site.

I think my parcel has gone astray. It was "processed through" New York USPS on the 19th and the tracking has stooped updating.

It was post on the 17th, "processed through" Montreal on the 18th & 19th (I assume this just Canadian post handing over to US post) and then New York.

4 days is long time o not get scanned in New Jersey.

They are probably waiting to get a flight from New York to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Krazyhawk

I refused an item at the door from AP USA as the charge seemed excessive

It went back to customs but they've done a return to sender, I thought they were supposed to write to you for proof of cost of item

Guess just pay next time eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Krazyhawk

Last item I refused it went back to customs and they wrote to me

I provided the receipt and they released it

Not this time though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Krazyhawk wrote: »
    I refused an item at the door from AP USA as the charge seemed excessive

It went back to customs but they've done a return to sender, I thought they were supposed to write to you for proof of cost of item

Guess just pay next time eh!

You can check here for what you would expect in charges: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

whiterebel wrote: »
    They are probably waiting to get a flight from New York to Dublin

I had anticipated a delay in leaving the US but that would come after it got to the courier depot that AddressPal uses. According to tracking it has not arrived in New Jersey.

I had anticipated a delay in leaving the US but that would come after it got to the courier depot that AddressPal uses. According to tracking it has not arrived in New Jersey.

Sorry, I misread that. The last one from USPS doesn't read "delivered" it says something about being with the final forwarding agent. USPS is very slow at this stage, my last one took an age to get from Georgia to NJ. You may find that the sender has butchered the address label, that was the first email I got from New Jersey. Then they shipped it a week later.

Sorry, I misread that. The last one from USPS doesn't read "delivered" it says something about being with the final forwarding agent. USPS is very slow at this stage, my last one took an age to get from Georgia to NJ. You may find that the sender has butchered the address label, that was the first email I got from New Jersey. Then they shipped it a week later.

The seller knew to use the address exactly as I gave it to him and seemed a decent one.

Parcel is probably just sitting on trolley at a loading the depot so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sorry, I misread that. The last one from USPS doesn't read "delivered" it says something about being with the final forwarding agent.

This is normal, and this is what it should say.

USPS don't deliver to the Polar Express site. There's so many parcels, so instead they are held at the Englishtown post office where one of the PE guys will pick them up. They get scanned at the post office then, and marked as "Delivered to agent for final delivery".

Occasionally, they will get mis-scanned as "Delivered - at Front Door" or some other generic status. This is just the incorrect button pressed on the scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Hi there

Having something delivered using AddressPal to my local post office. Do they give any notifications about shipping, or do you just hear from them when it's in your post office?

It explains iit all on their website.

magoo84 wrote: »
    Hi there

Having something delivered using AddressPal to my local post office. Do they give any notifications about shipping, or do you just hear from them when it's in your post office?

An Post give delivery updates for regular post and for AddressPal.

I think for AddressPal the notifications are automatically active. You can see everything on your account page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Thanks, I didn't realise there was a delivery status page for AddressPal.
    Alas my parcel doesn't appear. Delivered to Hatfield this morning.

Anyone know the typical delivery time for Hatfield - IRL(Cork) at the moment?
    Thinking I need a plan B to meet a deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Thanks, I didn't realise there was a delivery status page for AddressPal.
    Alas my parcel doesn't appear. Delivered to Hatfield this morning.

What's the typical delivery time for Hatfield - IRL(Cork) at the moment?
    Thinking I need a plan B to meet a deadline.
    My last package to post office in Passage West was 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

My last package to post office in Passage West was 3 days.

Thanks, that's good news.

My last several parcels have varied, but the ones that hit Heathrow on a Friday usually arrive at my door Tuesday morning. Occasionally, if something arrives in HR just in time to get chucked on to the plane, it can be here rapido.
    AP seem to have cleared the backlog anyway, as timings are pretty normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 john413

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with addresspal.
    On the 10th of June, I purchased 4 items from a reputable seller on eBay, I asked the seller to send the items in two separate parcels which he did and confirmed, I done this because of the weight of the items.

The items arrived on the 11th and the 12th of June to addresspal and the courier was UPS all with tracking numbers and confirmed delivery. I have used addresspal a lot over the last few months with absolutely no complaints. So I gave them until the 26th of June until I emailed them. Since then I have been bounced around from emails and I have been calling them. The latest call was the 3ed of July when they answered and told me they had no history of there being an issue with my account. So they said they will be looking into it.

I have opened a request from my ebay seller as a just in case measure that they may have messed up the shipping labels. I feel like an eejit now because the items cost me €900. I do hope someone on here will be able to point me in the right direction and if not then maybe this post will stop people being as foolish as myself.
    Thanks in advance
    John

Have you checked to make sure they are not on the list of prohibited articles for AddressPal/An Post? They normally return anything on the list when they find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 john413

whiterebel, they are prohibited items, How come they could not tell me anything about them being returned. I have asked the ebay seller and he has not said they have been returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 washburn73

Good to hear that as I'm experiencing a delay with a package that was delivered last week. How do you contact the AddressPal Hub in New Jersey - via email or telephone? Is there a particular email address or telephone number that you use?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

washburn73 wrote: »
    Good to hear that as I'm experiencing a delay with a package that was delivered last week. How do you contact the AddressPal Hub in New Jersey - via email or telephone? Is there a particular email address or telephone number that you use?

Thanks in advance.

The US service is VERY slow just now. I had a package that was delivered to them on the 17th June. It arrived today.

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 14.11.04.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Hi,

Anyone have anything delivered to the Hatfield depot recently in the UK ?

I have a parcel which apparently was delivered on June 29th but AddressPal say they dont have it (I believe it was missing part of my APW number so that is not helping).

What I'm really looking for is any delivery/signature receipts people may have received ideally from ParcelForce. AddressPal are saying the signature I have on the delivery notice is not what what they would sign and therefore they say it wasnt delivered to them. ParcelForce say due to Covid-19 there is no actual signature anymore and they are confident it was delivered as they are well used to delivering to AddressPal.

As an aside first time using AddressPal but never again, I know the APW number missing doesnt help but the customer support is dreadful. I've had parcels mis-labelled going to ParcelMotel and have it resolved in 2mins on the phone, I'm now 10 days chasing AddressPal and no further.

Thanks

Advertisement