Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting/Viewing CCTV file on laptop

Options
  • 02-11-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hope this is in the right forum, if not please feel free to move.

Following a recent bit of vandalism that was caught on my neighbours CCTV, I'm trying to view the file on my own laptop but cannot do so (neighbor put it on memory stick for me). His CCTV system is an iVMS and the properties of the file say the video is MP4.

For example, when trying to open with QuickTime the following error appears:

Error -2048: Couldn't open the file
    wssc_camera2_dvr-20150925205336_20150925220106_1052925.mp4
    because it is not a file that QuickTime understands.

I've tried opening in VLC, JetAudio etc but no joy. It appears to open to an extent in VLC (the extent that it runs a single frame for the time duration of the full video) but that's about it.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

try installing klite codec pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

^ Thanks for the reply. I've actually got it to work on SMPlayer, after alot of thickness and frustration.

Mods feel free to close.

Advertisement