Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 Restore taking forever

• 02-11-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭

Hi

Busted the screen on my 5 yesterday, backed it up this morning and been retoring it to a new 5 since 10 am or so???

At this rate it does not look like it will finish before I need to leave the office. Any suggestions and any issues if I just disconnect it and start it again at home overnight??

Its only a 16GB so no idea why its taking so long - almost 5 hours at this stage??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

Just in case anyione has a similar issue.

I gave up and disconnected it from the PC, seems like iTunes had hung so shut it down via task manager. Several apps on phone not running and said waiting or something like that. They could not be opened but the phone worked fine and numbers were there.

Later that night I started up iTunes again at home, connected phone and hit sync, all apps up to date all info there now so all good. Music also sync'd so it must not have completed that the first time.

Advertisement