Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Star Trek TV show - Star Trek Discovery

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ixoy wrote: »
    It also has appeal across many facets of sci-fi, so Sci-Fi & Fantasy forum as well :)

Hopefully the early reviews aren't just uber-fans, the likes of who praised films such as "Batman vs Superman" before a wider audience got to see it.

It seems it might be that the screening also had lots of former Trek cast members so it was a party atmosphere at the screening I would imagine.

Saying that I'll take it as a good sign till I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Merging might be messy. Maybe just lock the TV thread with a link to the Star Trek forum and Discovery thread.

Once the first episode airs we’ll be using separate episode threads in the ST forum anyway, so even the Discovery thread in ST may need to be locked eventually to avoid overlap.

We could also consider moving the Star Trek forum to the Television sub-category or just adding a link to it.

Once the first episode airs we’ll be using separate episode threads in the ST forum anyway.

Why? No other show I have followed do this so why should Discovery be any different?
    Whats wrong with just talking about that weeks episode in the Discovery thread?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I don't think the Trek forum should split the episodes up into their own threads, feels like it'll dilute the conversation too much imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

All the other tv sub-forums have separate episode threads. It helps with avoiding spoilers. Plus it seems a waste to me to squash all discussion of the show into one thread when there's a whole forum that can be used. But personally I'm not pushed either way. I guess leave the existing thread as it is and if people want to start separate threads about the show they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Wasn't it previously under TV before the Big (to be completed) Menu Reshuffle? Not a bad idea though to add at least a link.

I still don't know why that was done. TV is TV regardless of the medium these days.

And more importantly it's just confusing, because some streaming shows in the US are actually broadcast shows in Ireland, and some broadcast shows in the US are streaming in Ireland, and topics are created in either without clarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Television to Star Trek forum and locked. I'll report this post to the Star Trek mods and they can decide how to proceed (merge/leave locked etc.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Here's a link to the other Discovery thread, feel free to continue the discussion there, folks. If anyone has anymore feedback on the issue of megathread vs separate threads, etc, you can post it there as well.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057625896&page=132

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement