Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade iOS

• 02-11-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have a iPad 3 and I upgraded to ios9 but since I've updated the iPad has been horribly slow barely to the point that I can't use it.

I reset it and still no change. Can I downgrade to iOS 8 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Impossible I'm afraid! Apple doesn't sign off on the iOS 8 firmware anymore so there's no way to downgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

iOS 9.1 is as low as you can go now unless you're on an earlier version already.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

murdig wrote: »
    Impossible I'm afraid! Apple doesn't sign off on the iOS 8 firmware anymore so there's no way to downgrade.

Ahhh balls.

Wish I didn't update now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The new iOS update has slowed the iPhone 4S down considerably too. Makes you wonder if it's an intentional maneuver on Apple's behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

I'm in the same boat, iPad 3 runs like a dog on iOS9. I signed up to the public beta program and it downloaded 9.2 the other day, actually seems like some improvement but still have a bit of lag and jumpy OS animations. Wish I stayed on 8 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 petertgtt

Same happened my ipad 2, Safari is constantly crashing. I will be very wary in future to "upgrading" from now on. Luckily I planned to buy the ipad Pro long before this.

Advertisement