Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't a clue what motherboard to get

Options
  • 02-11-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to my a 1150 socket board but there is so many out there! I am thinking USB 3.1 would be nice to have, could someone point me in the right direction please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking to my a 1150 socket board but there is so many out there! I am thinking USB 3.1 would be nice to have, could someone point me in the right direction please.

http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90582835/asrock-b85-anniversary.asp

And yeah, the amount on offer is overwhelming!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi all,

The answer kinda depends on what you want to do with the PC and most of all your budget.

Do you want all the bells and whistles or will a more basic board do?

Does its color matter?

Any particular brand you will or won't use?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

It seems to be quite difficult to get a bog standard 1150 board that isn't mATX these days. I've had to pick a cheap Z97 just to get a full sized board with everything I need on it. Almost all the good cheap H or B boards are mATX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Venom wrote: »
    The answer kinda depends on what you want to do with the PC and most of all your budget.

Do you want all the bells and whistles or will a more basic board do?

Does its color matter?

Any particular brand you will or won't use?

Emm well probably best to link the board I am coming from at them moment. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_EVO_R20/

Nothing to fancy USB 3.1 would be nice to have for the near future. 6 SATA ports is a must if more the better. Full EFI support but I suppose all new boards these days have that great for boot times. At least 2 fan headers for case. No brands I wouldn't go for they all seem to be fairly decent.

Advertisement