Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Security Camera recommendation

Options
  • 02-11-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Folks - Looking for some recommendations please (if wrong forum, Mods please feel free to move).

With the house burglary season almost upon us, I'm looking for some recommendations on a security camera.

Lots out there, what I'm specifically looking for are the following:

- Controlled and view able via a smart phone app
    - No monthly fee
    - Can record to a cloud storage such as Google Drive
    - Will notify me when motion detected
    - Can be mounted externally (weather proof) and connect to wi-fi
    - As HD as possible

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Would be interested to find out too, have you tried Ali express, good cameras on there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Ali Express is so badly laid out I didn't bother. Looking for suggestions from folks who know what they are talking about on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Best place to start is in the suppliers.
    Them websites can be full of imitation equipment unfortunately.

I'm looking for suggestions of camera that people here have experience with. Surely with the glut of connected home security products their must be a couple that standout ?

s8n wrote: »
    I'm looking for suggestions of camera that people here have experience with. Surely with the glut of connected home security products their must be a couple that standout ?

I use a lot of the LTS HD gear, R.E.W. supply it plus have them set up for you to see the quality of the playback.
    They are based in Ballymount and Finglas.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    I use a lot of the LTS HD gear, R.E.W. supply it plus have them set up for you to see the quality of the playback.
    They are based in Ballymount and Finglas.

Thanks Altor - Any online links I could view ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have attached some data sheets on the LTS recorders ,domes & bullet cameras.
    If you need anything more give me a shout.

s8n wrote: »
    Thanks Altor - Any online links I could view ?

Here you go, some product reviews and training.

Advertisement