Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Devastator wrote:
    I got pissed off when Taylor was 4-0 down and turned my laptop off(Bad loser at gambling lol) and then had to stream the darts so didnt go on twitter last night.

Basically that Barney ****ed Wade over which is ok. And no problem with not shaking hands because he was ****ed over.

Bristow did this thing all the time and would brag about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Basically that Barney ****ed Wade over which is ok. And no problem with not shaking hands because he was ****ed over.

Bristow did this thing all the time and would brag about it

Thats what annoys me about Barney, he acts like butter wouldn't melt when its obvious what hes trying to achieve. Same as Lewis, gets on like a big jovial innocent kid but forgets what 20 away from 100 is when his opponent is waiting to finish among worse accusations of unsportsmanship(blind 180s,stomping on stage, windgate,etc).

Devastator wrote:
    Thats what annoys me about Barney, he acts like butter wouldn't melt when its obvious what hes trying to achieve. Same as Lewis, gets on like a big jovial innocent kid but forgets what 20 away from 100 is when his opponent is waiting to finish among worse accusations of unsportsmanship(blind 180s,stomping on stage, windgate,etc).

Yeah Lewis really bugs me with that ****. People think he's the nicest guy and would never do such a thing. Windgate being the obvious one. I've never seen a pro player to be so "bad" at counting, and droping darts on the floor every second throw.
    I wish Barney would have come out and said "Yeah, I messed with his head and it worked or whatever but he denys it all.

I remember actually Lewis running off stage like a baby when Manley messed with him. It was all manleys fault tho, cos Adrian is a nice guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Yeah Lewis really bugs me with that ****. People think he's the nicest guy and would never do such a thing. Windgate being the obvious one. I've never seen a pro player to be so "bad" at counting, and droping darts on the floor every second throw.
    I wish Barney would have come out and said "Yeah, I messed with his head and it worked or whatever but he denys it all.

There were a few turns where it looked like Barney was going to have to be tapped on the shoulder to be reminded that it was his go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I remember actually Lewis running off stage like a baby when Manley messed with him. It was all manleys fault tho, cos Adrian is a nice guy

To be fair Lewis was only 20 at the time, playing in his first world championship and Manley started talking to Lewis just as Adrian was about to throw. I was at an exhibition Manley was doing a couple of years and he even admitted himself when asked that it was an unsporting thing to do.

Ps, I don't buy into the idea that Lewis is a fun loving nice guy though, wouldn't have said he's particularly remarkable either way to be honest.

To be fair Lewis was only 20 at the time, playing in his first world championship and Manley started talking to Lewis just as Adrian was about to throw. I was at an exhibition Manley was doing a couple of years and he even admitted himself when asked that it was an unsporting thing to do.

Ps, I don't buy into the idea that Lewis is a fun loving nice guy though, wouldn't have said he's particularly remarkable either way to be honest.

Of course it was unsporting thing to do, same as Barneys behaviour last night was unsporting but it's not against the rules so I wish he would just say it. As Mason said on Twitter, the sport doesn't allow characters anymore and thats what makes darts so great or used to anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Of course it was unsporting thing to do, same as Barneys behaviour last night was unsporting but it's not against the rules so I wish he would just say it. As Mason said on Twitter, the sport doesn't allow characters anymore and thats what makes darts so great or used to anyway.

I would still make a big distinction between what Manley done and what Barney done last night and I think neither Lewis nor Wade reacted sensibly. But I would sympathise with Lewis to an extent because he was so young and you should never talk to your opponent when they're throwing, that's a given, however Wade is a seasoned multiple major winning pro, I expect better from him, you may say the same about Barney.

But sure look it's done now and I can see what you're saying even though I don't fully agree you, so we can agree to disagree on our assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Storm over nowt, he is a professional darts player for years get over it. Anderson got ratty with Barney and was Ott for that as well. Video proved Barney did nothing wrong to Anderson. Why should Barney admit he was playing tricks with Wade.

When in 1 or 2 throws of Barney slowing down his scoring improved, hitting a lot of his 1st darts in the treble, he got better and Wade got worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Paddy power have chisnall/mvg double enhanced to 3/1. Looks good to me (Max 20e)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Gotya wrote: »
    Paddy power have chisnall/mvg double enhanced to 3/1. Looks good to me (Max 20e)

€20 on this and €35 on Smith @6/5 with B365 and Chisnall wins €25 profit and Smith Wins €22 profit - Happy days

Gotya wrote:

Thinking Smith will beat Chizzy but that does look very tasty indeed.

Gotya wrote: »

FFS Ive just seen this and can't find the bet :mad:

Chizzy just walking out now so too late, been looking for couple of mins :mad::mad:

Thanks anyway and good luck, I've my own bet on earlier. Should be a good night of darts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

What a game so far, amazing standard. Quality 170 check out there too by Chizzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

all guns blazing in this

What a performance from Michael Smith! Some great darts.

he really is one step away from winning majors,his composure lets him down sometimes..has it all so young

high quality game aswell this,mvg on fire and beaton doing fcuk all wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Smith was top quality there, scoring was too hot too handle.

The crowd seem noticeable louder than this week than at other tournaments, looks like right crack getting behind all the underdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jeez the coms can't remember the last time MVG was booed. Last month at the Gran Prix final lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Well that was impressive.

Just the 109 average and 52% on doubles.

You have to feel sorry for Steve Beaton there, that was an unbelievable performance and he still got hammered. Great night so far. Smith could win this tournament if he keeps up that form, he already won 2 tournaments on stage this year and a few pro tour events, Hes found the composure that he was lacking. My ew bet for the World Championship.

awesome display

"Steve said to me after the game, Michael you're really good. This makes me happy"

Ha, you'd think MvG is shocked that someone told him he was good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Nice start there by aidey and wright looks like its going to be a close game.

bit of handbags at half time in this one ..

also ,i wish they would concentrate on this competition rather than mention the worlds at every opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lewis is a fiercely unlikeable individual.

bit of handbags at half time in this one ..

What were the handbags? I wasn't really watching, I dislike Lewis so much I can't even look at his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Why doesn't the referee stand to the players' left? It would avoid all this ducking and diving whenever the referee needs to check a dart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lewis is a fiercely unlikeable individual.

I met him at an exhibition where he played my son and based upon that experience I would say the complete opposite of what you just said.

Advertisement